Author Topic: Shit That "Shit Rich College Kids Say" Blogs  (Read 5300 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Shit That "Shit Rich College Kids Say" Blogs
« on: July 02, 2014, 06:19:24 pm »
Simply because they've said enough derptastic and disturbing stuff lately that they deserve their own topic. Quite frankly, I am rather astounded at how someone attending college and actually seeing the world for how it is could descend to the level of the Social Justice Lunatics of Tumblr, simply to appease Radfems, Otherkin and people who call dysphoric Trans people "Truscum".

The mods of the blog are all seemingly different flavours of lunatic. There are a number of the mods who insist that men are trash, mentioning this often - and with the moral myopia they possess becoming more and more obvious.

They all believe that anything that could ever be interpreted as "hurtful" should be censored, with none of the irony evident to them that some of the things they themselves say might fit that.

As far as they're concerned, they have a concept in mind that "if I do it, its okay, but if the Enemy of the Day says or does it, it is Pure Evil and MUST be shunned."

They also say psychologists should be trained to not be "shitty", which would include legitimizing Tumblr's Special Snowflakes and not criticizing their "identity", even when its something blatantly made up like Demisexual or Graysexual.

According to another of their posts, it is appropriation to feel angry for an "oppressed" group's situation.

They've also, according to another post, offered advice to SJW's on how to stop a logical argument - I literally cannot make this up - http://shitrichcollegekidssay.tumblr.com/post/89127389489/are-there-ally-resources-for-calling-people-out-on#notes
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Shit That "Shit Rich College Kids Say" Blogs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 06:20:58 pm »
How the fuck did this happen?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 06:34:08 pm »
The same thing that leads to Fanatic Christians of the modern day being the way they are - a moral myopia. The attitude that our group and affiliates are the only ones that matter, and if you deviate, you're a heretic.

It is a very present danger in a lot of atmospheres, but especially social movements. We see this in the Tea Party - the rich should absolutely get federal assistance to get richer, but giving the poor money? It will corrupt them, unlike the "virtuous rich".

And we see this in Tumblr's Social Justice Movement, which is worryingly moving beyond Tumblr.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 07:19:01 pm »
How the fuck did this happen?

Quote from: Crash Course World History
You see this a lot throughout history [...]. What looked like radical hope and change suddenly becomes "The Man" as increasingly radical ideas are embraced.
While the quote talks about revolutions in general, this can also happen during ideological crusades. Just like the MRA was hijacked by misogynists extremists, and just like you can have a christian kid from a non-bigoted family suddenly embarquing on a crusade against gay rights, the social justice movement (while completely legitimate) carries the seed of more extreme, and sometime dangerous, ideologies.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 06:08:52 pm »
necronecronecro said: does the shitrichcollegekidssay mod team endorse marxism?

I can’t speak for the other mods, but I’m fond of marxist thought. I call myself a communist, and I vehemently abhor capitalism, as it is the driving force of every system of oppression in Western society. Capitalism is violent, Marx was one of the first to illuminate this and propose an alternative. As such, I would say that I greatly value his writings and ideas.

Edit: I’d like to specify that I am speaking from the perspective of a USian, about Western society. I do not mean to endorse the massive sufferings brought under attempts to implement communism in the past. I’m speaking from a very idealized perspective here, and my political views are a shifting target. What I can say for certain is that I am far left, and that I see these ideas as useful.

Translation: People probably got mad at me for possibly endorsing Stalin and / or Mao, so I had to post this about myself, and indirectly say my political views are like a waffle.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 09:38:49 pm »
necronecronecro said: does the shitrichcollegekidssay mod team endorse marxism?

I can’t speak for the other mods, but I’m fond of marxist thought. I call myself a communist, and I vehemently abhor capitalism, as it is the driving force of every system of oppression in Western society. Capitalism is violent, Marx was one of the first to illuminate this and propose an alternative. As such, I would say that I greatly value his writings and ideas.

Edit: I’d like to specify that I am speaking from the perspective of a USian, about Western society. I do not mean to endorse the massive sufferings brought under attempts to implement communism in the past. I’m speaking from a very idealized perspective here, and my political views are a shifting target. What I can say for certain is that I am far left, and that I see these ideas as useful.

Translation: People probably got mad at me for possibly endorsing Stalin and / or Mao, so I had to post this about myself, and indirectly say my political views are like a waffle.

Warm, fluffy and delicious with syrup? ;)
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 03:38:43 am »
This is a blog whose mod(s) apparently believe that all white people are racists until proven otherwise.

http://shitrichcollegekidssay.tumblr.com/post/91238635694/are-all-white-people-racist#notes

Feel free to disregard everything they say from now on.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 12:22:53 pm »
EVEN FROM YOU!?

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 12:47:17 pm »
Okay, so I bit the line and asked:

Okay, you say that all white people are racist, but I'm curious of one thing.  Are all white people BORN racist?  That is, are white people genetically racist and/or privileged?

Keep an eye on my Tumblr for the response!  In case I forget to post the results here. ^^;
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 12:58:14 pm »
But right now we're mainly posting about Dashcon so you'll have to wait a bit.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 02:00:12 pm »
oh man, Dashcon... bwahahahaha.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 02:47:04 pm »
It is without a doubt the biggest clusterfuck of organization I've ever seen.  It's basically a bunch of special snowflakes putting a con together to worship SuperWhoLockStruck, and just not even knowing the first thing on how a con is supposed to be put together.  Not only that but apparently they originate in Ohio, the con's in Illinois and idiots haven't filed tax paperwork for the state of Illinois.

Ironbite-it's...AMAZING!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 03:35:20 pm »
bonus points:  The con chair is apparently a 17 year old girl, and the money they raised has mysteriously gone missing.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 03:46:49 pm »
Are we sure this isn't the other kind of con?

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 04:06:28 pm »
I've basically heard nothing about this until looking here.

Most cons seem to have people already with backgrounds of running some part of a con for several years. I doubt this was the case here.