Author Topic: Cricket World Cup  (Read 5382 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Cricket World Cup
« on: March 09, 2015, 08:33:18 pm »
Now most of you US (and probably the Canadians too) Crackers may be unaware of it but right at this moment the Cricket World Cup is being played in Australia and New Zealand.

So far apart from New Zealand giving Australia the sort of touch up reserved between creepy uncles and nieces it has been a fantastic tournement.

But then it just got better. So much better. England and Wales are out. They lost to, guess who? Bangladesh http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/mar/09/england-cricket-peter-moores-world-cup-bangladesh-mike-selvey#comments It literally couldnt get any better.

No sorry that's wrong they could lose their last game to Afghanistan (who actually have been playing really well). Fuck I didn't think my schadenfreude could be any greater than when they got Mitch slapped at the last ashes 5 nil.

The hilarious thing is that Eoin Morgan, who is the captain of the English team is Irish and it looks like the irish will go through.

Oh crackers some times life is good.....

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Cricket World Cup
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:45:12 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:50:29 pm »
Oh, I daresay, this simply isn't cricket, old chap.  *Polishes monocle*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:03:09 pm »
Listen UP I am so tired of you making threads that will just go nowhere on shit that nobody gives a fly..ing....fuck...Davedan?  Not you too!

Ironbite-for fucks sake man, have some compassion!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 09:06:38 pm »
Listen UP I am so tired of you making threads that will just go nowhere on shit that nobody gives a fly..ing....fuck...Davedan?  Not you too!

Ironbite-for fucks sake man, have some compassion!

Well, let's get out the blowtorch and start testing everyone's blood.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 09:16:41 pm »
Look you fucking crackers - don't rag cricket or I will swim over there and kill you all with my dick. If the internal haemorraging doesn't get you the syphilis will.

Now for those who want to see what cricket is really about (hurling a piece of leather that can literally kill someone at over 150kms/hr at an English man's head) - heres the highlights from the last ashes:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbGMFQXfwU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbGMFQXfwU</a>

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 09:58:57 pm »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 01:12:59 am »
Don't make me get my speedos on Dpareja (if that is your real name) I'll fucking swim to Canada too if I have to cracker.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 01:16:34 am »
Don't make me get my speedos on Dpareja (if that is your real name) I'll fucking swim to Canada too if I have to cracker.

I'm just salty about Canada losing ODI status (even though it's because our team sucks now).

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 01:31:45 am »
That South Australian guy who played for you retire? Its a shame that the ICC have stuck their dicks in their ears and are going to cull the World Cup to 10 teams when they should be expanding to 16 in 4 pools of 4. Although with only 10 teams England probably won't make it...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 01:37:55 am »
That South Australian guy who played for you retire? Its a shame that the ICC have stuck their dicks in their ears and are going to cull the World Cup to 10 teams when they should be expanding to 16 in 4 pools of 4. Although with only 10 teams England probably won't make it...

His retirement was pretty much the beginning of the end for Canadian cricket actually being good. (And to think that the ICC almost gave Canada Test status back in the 1950s.)

Anyway, even if it were 16 teams Canada would be nowhere close now.

Fun side note: the first international cricket match was played in New York City, between the US and Canada. (Unless you ask Cricket Canada, who will tell you that the first such match was an earlier one played in Montreal.) If it hadn't been for the US Civil War, and that a three-hour game is rather more attractive to some than a three-day one in a setting where you could be attacked at any time, international cricket might look rather different now.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 05:31:11 pm »
Update: We are now at the pointy end of the tournemant. The hopefuls, the feelgood stories (Bangladesh, Ireland and Afghanistan) are gone. With them the underperformers (England), the mercurial (Pakistan) and the sucked out shell of cricket's former super power (West Indies). We are now left with the 4 teams that prior to the start of the tournemant everyone thought would win. It is possible at this stage for it to be an all host nation final with Aus vs NZ but before that happens Australia has to beat the might of India and NZ will have to beat both the clinical brilliance of AB de Villiers and the rest of his South African team.

NZ vs SA is on today should be a cracking game.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 05:57:08 pm »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 12:42:04 am »
This shit hasn't finished. And fuck it crackers I don't interrupt your video game threads when your talking about destiny quest cockmonkey hero or whatever the fuck.

I'm going to fucking update this thread constanty now. Fucking crackers.

South Africa is 3/216 after 38 overs and it is currently raining in Auckland. NZ look like they might have a bone in their throat because they're choking - dropped catches and missed run outs...

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 12:49:49 am »
This shit hasn't finished. And fuck it crackers I don't interrupt your video game threads when your talking about destiny quest cockmonkey hero or whatever the fuck.

I'm going to fucking update this thread constanty now. Fucking crackers.

South Africa is 3/216 after 38 overs and it is currently raining in Auckland. NZ look like they might have a bone in their throat because they're choking - dropped catches and missed run outs...

Maybe they'd be less upset if you did a Howard Cosell impression.