Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2016447 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2012, 09:34:53 am »
Those little panic attacks about my rapidly decreasing intelligence that like to hit whenever my fibro fog worsens? Yeah. Very annoyed. Coming close to a meltdown in the middle of class is humiliating.

I see no evidence of any decrease in intelligence, much less a rapid one. You're still the smart, witty, awesome DeadpanDoubter you've always been. :)
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2012, 02:24:05 pm »
Having a migraine headache from hell and having our retarded dog barking like a maniac anytime a shadow flits across the front lawn. I'm a real animal lover but damn if I didn't fantasize about clubbing the dog with the Silence Bat.
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »
I really dislike how my depression always strikes on my days off and ruins it.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2012, 07:44:47 pm »
Shane, I'm diabetic - it hasn't slowed me down any - you just have to take the meds and be sensible.
Yeah, I'm told. My grandfather (RIP) was diabetic as well and he didn't let it slow him down. He golfed a lot and built stuff. The problem is that I have a bunch of other things wrong and that's why it annoys me to get this news. It's just my body being a troll even more and I am not amused.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

deadpandoubter

« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2012, 10:49:29 pm »
Those little panic attacks about my rapidly decreasing intelligence that like to hit whenever my fibro fog worsens? Yeah. Very annoyed. Coming close to a meltdown in the middle of class is humiliating.

I see no evidence of any decrease in intelligence, much less a rapid one. You're still the smart, witty, awesome DeadpanDoubter you've always been. :)
*hugs*

I used to be much more insightful and able to express myself more more clearly. I used to be creative and eager to learn and now it's like my brain's turned to mush. I can't even muster a passionate opinion anymore, at least about anything less important than minority rights. It feels like my brain's decided to reflect my body now, to be just as useless and passionless as it.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2012, 01:21:37 am »
Have you managed to find a replacement therapist for the DBT? Or at least a counselor to talk to? Everything you're describing sounds exactly like what I go through during a depressive episode -- a total lack of luster, no drive, no passion... just existing.

*hug*

If you can find the right therapist, I have faith that you can regain your passion, et al. It takes time, but it'll be worth it in the end.

As always, I'm here if you ever need to vent about anything.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:23:37 am by Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2012, 05:36:40 am »
Insomnia :\

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

deadpandoubter

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2012, 07:35:01 pm »
Have you managed to find a replacement therapist for the DBT? Or at least a counselor to talk to? Everything you're describing sounds exactly like what I go through during a depressive episode -- a total lack of luster, no drive, no passion... just existing.

*hug*

If you can find the right therapist, I have faith that you can regain your passion, et al. It takes time, but it'll be worth it in the end.

As always, I'm here if you ever need to vent about anything.

I have a new therapist, albeit a student therapist, who's trained in DBT...I went ahead and scheduled the first session of the semester with him, but sometimes I worry I won't ever find the same camaraderie I had with my first therapist. I know she had her warts and flaws, some fairly serious ones too, but I felt I could trust her and that she would understand almost anything I told her about. I have nothing in common with this young, male, smarty pants therapist, but D and I had many of the same illnesses and allergies, and she was there from day one, so if I was having an off day or week, she understood.

What's sad is she's probably old enough to be my grandmére, whereas the newbie, Du, is much closer to my age. I don't know. Maybe I'm just scared to let her go. Regardless, I'm not quite ready to give up entirely.

*hugs Mlle Antichrist* Thank you so much. I feel like a whiny brat so often, but you're always there to give a kind word. I really, really appreciate it. And if you don't mind a headache, I have a 'cure' for insomnia...>.> *offers a mallet*

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »
I have a nicer way of helping with insomnia. /creepy

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Oriet

• Homo sapiens scientia
  • Bishop
  • Disabled Vet MtF Polyamorous Atheist Auspie
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2012, 08:19:04 pm »
I have a nicer way of helping with insomnia. /creepy
That's only ever served to get me more awake.
The Rules, get to know them.

deadpandoubter

« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2012, 08:52:13 pm »
Dunno about doing it with more than just yourself, but it makes me sleepy.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2012, 09:13:34 pm »
By the time I finish really going at it I'm exhausted. Tho it does take a bit for the adrenaline to fade but once it does I'm out.

&

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2012, 10:18:39 pm »
The worry over if my job is going to keep me on. One of the supervisors told me the other day, that they're most likely going to keep me on, but I'm still a bit worried and I really don't feel like going back to being unemployed again.

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2012, 12:35:58 am »
People who text while driving.  Seriously, can't you put your phone down for ten minutes and look at the road?  No message is important enough to risk the lives of yourself and your passengers.

deadpandoubter

« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2012, 12:41:42 am »
I'm no Gaga fangirl, but...people who keep saying "She should change her looks to be conventionally attractive, then she'd be REALLY PRETTY AND HOT!"?

STFU and sit the fuck down. And don't you move a fucking muscle until I'm done ranting, or I'll cut your fucking head off.

You wonder why girls have image issues? You wonder why women obsess over their looks? You wonder why females of a disturbingly low age are getting plastic surgery? Because YOU tell them to change their looks so they'll be 'acceptable'. Because YOU don't understand that not everyone wants to look like a cookie cutter woman. Because YOU don't understand that individuality and being happy in your own body is more important than making every gynephile in a 5-mile radius want to hump you.

Fuck you very much.