Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2016444 times)

Offline calee022

• Rebel Without a Point
  • Apprentice
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2012, 06:21:21 pm »
Having one of those "Luna Lovegood" days-- you know the kind, where you're lost in the clouds and can't seem to rein yourself back to earth, but everyone expects you to be fully present.

Yeah, but Luna Lovegood is CUTE.
"I have an important message to deliver to all the cute people all over the world. If you're out there and you're cute, maybe you're beautiful. I just want to tell you somethin' — there's more of us UGLY MOTHERFUCKERS than you, hey-y, so watch out."  - FZ

deadpandoubter

« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2012, 06:29:01 pm »
Having one of those "Luna Lovegood" days-- you know the kind, where you're lost in the clouds and can't seem to rein yourself back to earth, but everyone expects you to be fully present.

Not sure if I should take offense...

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:21 pm »

It could be worse. They could have accused you of using inappropriate charms on a goat.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2012, 07:27:24 pm »

Sounds more like he's saying being Luna Lovegood is a good thing.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

deadpandoubter

« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2012, 07:29:14 pm »

It could be worse. They could have accused you of using inappropriate charms on a goat.

...! That was my evil twin, I swear!

Sleepy: Ah, I can see that...sorry, calee, I tend to assume the worst.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2012, 07:32:18 pm »
Luna....Lovegod?

Uh, what?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

deadpandoubter

« Reply #171 on: January 17, 2012, 07:34:46 pm »
Harry Potter, infidel.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #172 on: January 17, 2012, 09:09:08 pm »
Being the only glaringly non-bronie on the site but still having enough bronie friends to get the references.
Don't think you're the only non-pony fan around here. The show's about as interesting to me as any other children's cartoon that lacks nostalgia value and the fans range from somewhat benign to more annoying than Rebecca Black.

• The Beast
« Reply #173 on: January 17, 2012, 11:36:48 pm »
You know what annoys me?  When I have a thread I'm particularly interested in show up under "newest post" only to realize that I already read it and forgot to mark all the other shit I don't care about as read earlier.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2012, 09:01:43 am »
I thought I'd gotten rid of the ants in this stupid place, but I woke up this morning to find a crapload of them in the sink. Fuck this stupid shithole.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2012, 09:19:38 am »
I thought I'd gotten rid of the ants in this stupid place, but I woke up this morning to find a crapload of them in the sink. Fuck this stupid shithole.

I know your pain. I've dealt with ants in the kitchen several times over the last few years. Last summer I thought I had gotten rid of them, hadn't seen an ant in over a week. Then, my mom decides to leave a plate with peanut butter and a banana peel on the counter, and I came home to find a writhing black mass of ants. I was pretty pissed.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Juna Starrider

• Apprentice
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2012, 10:09:57 am »
I work midnights, which means I sleep days.  Unfortunately, the next few days consist of a couple of guys renovating the bathroom next to me.   Yay!  No sleep for me!

• The Beast
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2012, 03:52:44 pm »
You know a political term that annoys me?  "Regulatory Reform"

What does that term even mean exactly?  I've heard it thrown around a lot by a lot of people, and as such it's become one of those politically worthless buzz words in my eyes.  Seriously, whenever I hear someone use the generic term "regulatory reform," I kinda wanna punch them in the face.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »
The fact that my crazy neighbor's boyfriend took it upon himself to mess with the wall heater the two apartments share.

Ironbite-guess who's gonna be freezing this winter?

• The Beast
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2012, 06:23:07 pm »
I have a new annoyance.  I'm in a Mircocomputer Apps class (required for my programming degree), and all the shit in the book is done in Microsoft Word (or at least, the beginning stuff).  Beyond having no Calibri font (I hear you can install it, but only at your own risk because of copyright, and all that bullshit), there's no style that mimics Word's "Normal" format.  I'd like the assignments to turn out how they're supposed to, but I can't really do that here at home.  As things look, I have to save the file as a .docx and then go down to the school computers (with my car with limited gas) to go and check and change things around so that the line spacing and tabs will show up properly.  Maybe it won't be as big an issue later, but for now, I have to see just how Microsoft treats the slightly different stuff.  Maybe OpenOffice intentionally doesn't save the font type and formatting stuff so that when windows opens it, it'll apply it by default or something.  I don't freaking know, but I have to drive out there and see how it'll look!

Did I mention that the class is online, and barring straight out taking some "lab time" to work on it out at the college, you shouldn't HAVE to go out there to complete your assignments?  Yeah.  :/