Author Topic: Lets get crispy  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Lets get crispy
« on: August 02, 2014, 12:47:12 am »
http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/the-fire-challenge-is-a-dangerous-facebook-stunt-teens-are-trying/story-fnjwmwrh-1227009069155

The 15-year-old boy from Kentucky (above) had a friend film him dousing himself in a flammable liquid such as alcohol before he was set on fire — and the challenge appeared to go wrong.
Seconds later he is seen desperately running to try and put the fire out, demonstrating just how dangerous and potentially deadly this stunt really is.
The teenager, who remained anonymous, told WKYT.com: “I just poured alcohol on it, and lit it, and it just automatically went and burst.”
Firefighters treated him for burns and he was rushed to hospital for further medical treatment.
Before he tried the stunt he saw on Facebook, he said he had never seen the ending. He now understands how dangerous it is.

Firefighters across the US are also warning against this stunt, telling parents to educate their children about the dangers, which can result in severe burns or death.

Hey kids, fire bad.

God i love the fire challenge. You deserve what you get.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Lets get crispy
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 12:53:05 am »
Eh, I'd funny if he were older.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 12:57:04 am »
How is it that this caught on but not the Spicy Hot Challenge?

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 01:41:58 am »
I don't know what the Spicy Hot Challenge is, but it sounds more sensible than this, so I guess that's your reason.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 01:46:09 am »
It's basically rub Icy Hot on your ballsack and down a couple of bottles of hot sauce. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch than simply setting yourself on fire.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 01:55:33 am »
Ok.  Maybe it's not so sensible after all.  But since when have teenagers done sensible things anyway?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 03:55:26 am »
It's basically rub Icy Hot on your ballsack and down a couple of bottles of hot sauce. It's a hell of a lot more entertaining to watch than simply setting yourself on fire.

Geez... boy am I glad I'm a "square"... ;)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 04:17:24 am »

Geez... boy am I glad I'm a "square"... ;)

Of course you don't do it yourself, you just watch and laugh at other people who are insane enough to do that sort of thing.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 05:04:57 am »
Anyone who's stupid enough to pour flammable liquid all over themselves and then deliberately light it on fire deserves every burn and scar they get.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 08:00:11 am »
He now understands how dangerous it is.

I'm glad he had to set himself on fire in order to realize how dangerous it is to fucking set yourself on fire. Jesus christ, humanity.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 08:13:17 am »
He's a Darwin Award waiting to happen.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 08:14:06 am »
Quotes from Skype:

[5:12:53 AM] Niels: See, it's a learning experience.
[5:13:07 AM] Zach: I guess for those who don't already know "fire bad"?
[5:13:31 AM] Niels: For those who missed that class where they teach you primal instincts.
[5:13:47 AM] Zach: Bahaha
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 03:29:41 pm »
The incident illustrates the intelligence level of our young generation.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 04:09:11 pm »
Richard Feynman would, when he was young, dip his hand in benzene and light it on fire. The benzene burned fast enough that he got to look cool having a flaming hand while not actually harming it.

When he was in university, he tried to pull the same stunt after his fraternity brothers thought it was impossible. It hurt like hell that time since the benzene stuck to the hairs on his hand.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 04:29:13 pm »
Ooooooo the devil's in the details.....
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.