Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070333 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4530 on: July 27, 2013, 12:09:58 am »
The portable charger for my Ipod touch hasn't come yet, and is taking forever to get here.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4531 on: July 27, 2013, 08:33:43 am »
Apparently I'm too stupid to figure out where to put a stamp, let alone write a letter.
In all fairness, they may be assuming that a lot of people don't know how to do this, since most people don't send letters anymore.

Even then, I learned how to address an envelope in elementary school. It's not some special, acquired skill that I have to regain through weeks of practice. People should know.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4532 on: July 27, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »
I've had a splitting headache since sometime last night, it probably started around 4 in the morning and still hasn't stopped. I didn't take anything for it until just now, because I'm an idiot. Guess I figured it might go away while I slept... WHY I would think such a thing I have no idea... I think it's worse now. I'm surprised I managed to sleep at all today.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4533 on: July 29, 2013, 02:36:15 am »
All my wisdom teeth have come through (and as a side effect of 6 years of ortho, I actually have room for them) except for one. It's only partially erupted. It makes chewing on that side annoying since, instead of two teeth coming together, I have a tooth and a sensitive flap of gum, which won't go away because the stupid tooth won't hurry up and come through.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4534 on: July 29, 2013, 02:43:48 am »
I don't have any wisdom teeth that have fully erupted.  My right bottom one is partially obscured by skin at the back of my jaw, and the left bottom one has only one cusp showing.  I don't know what the hell my upper ones are doing.  Last dental X-ray I had showed them just... hanging out... up there in my upper jaw, not even trying to go anywhere.

EDIT: I'll be 35 the 11th of August, so my wisdom teeth are just as lazy as I am.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:45:36 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4535 on: July 29, 2013, 03:17:11 am »
Mine were yanked before they could grow in more. My mouth, believe it or not, was too small for more teeth.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4536 on: July 29, 2013, 03:47:45 am »
It's an evolutionary thing.  Little by little humans will have less and less room and wisdom teeth may not even bother forming at all.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4537 on: July 29, 2013, 04:57:29 am »
Mine grew in partially, and now I don't even notice them any more. I'd literally need a mirror and flashlight to properly identify them.

When they WERE growing in, I suffered an infection due to debris and I spent about a week popping one or two Advil a day.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4538 on: July 29, 2013, 07:00:32 am »
Mine grew in partially, and now I don't even notice them any more. I'd literally need a mirror and flashlight to properly identify them.

When they WERE growing in, I suffered an infection due to debris and I spent about a week popping one or two Advil a day.

Wow a whole two Advil. That must have been murder... Usually you get antibiotics for infections.

Admittedly that's part of what I was gonna say was annoying, I'm popping percocet 3 times a day with 20mg of oxycontin twice a day. Because my doctors are all about treating the symptoms rather than the cause.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4539 on: July 29, 2013, 07:42:48 am »
My mum always saying that I look like a librarian in photos, because who doesn't want to hear that they look like a fucking librarian. I feel much more confident about my appearance now. Thanks mum.

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4540 on: July 29, 2013, 08:04:07 am »
My mum always saying that I look like a librarian in photos, because who doesn't want to hear that they look like a fucking librarian. I feel much more confident about my appearance now. Thanks mum.

If it's any consolation, all of the librarians I know are attractive.
一期一会

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4541 on: July 29, 2013, 08:45:19 am »
Hot librarian is a trope, innit?

&

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4542 on: July 29, 2013, 09:02:04 am »
I just had a conversation with my dad and he kept using the word "fag", which bothers me for obvious reasons. I made the mistake of pointing out that it bothered me and asking if there was any chance I could get him to not use that word. There wasn't. I think he said it twice as much just because he knew it got to me after that. I don't even know why I bother, I've already pushed the boundaries of his tolerance a lot just by existing in the same house, but still. Though I do get the feeling he persisted because I said it annoyed me and not out of any actual malicious intent, he does that kinda crap all the time. I just get the feeling he doesn't know how offensive that word is as opposed to pretty much any alternative he could have used. I mean, I don't expect him to be Mr. Super-Tolerant-Imma-Join-PFLAG-Tomorrow or something, Hell hasn't quite frozen over yet, but still. It bothers me, probably more than it should.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4543 on: July 29, 2013, 02:45:14 pm »

Wow a whole two Advil. That must have been murder... Usually you get antibiotics for infections.

Admittedly that's part of what I was gonna say was annoying, I'm popping percocet 3 times a day with 20mg of oxycontin twice a day. Because my doctors are all about treating the symptoms rather than the cause.

I did get antibiotics, but I took Advil for the pain as well.

Typically I'm not in very extreme pain, but I also try not to make myself reliant on drugs to keep going. A lot of the time I'll just try to ignore a toothache or headache while going about my business and only take like, one Aspirin to dull it for a while. Usually long enough that I can fall asleep.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4544 on: July 29, 2013, 04:29:55 pm »
It's an evolutionary thing.  Little by little humans will have less and less room and wisdom teeth may not even bother forming at all.

This is already happening, actually. Apparently, I'm the only one in my family who actually had all 4 wisdom teeth form and start coming through. I think my dad only had one form. Not quite sure why this is happening though. Not having wisdom teeth doesn't exactly let you have more babies in our modern society...