Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075806 times)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5055 on: September 03, 2013, 01:43:12 pm »
Someone reposted an edit I did for Mass Effect. You can argue until the cows come home whether the picture belongs to me or not, but they still reposted work I did and didn't even give me credit for the fact I had to take a picture of the scene, save it, edit it in photoshop, crop it to tumblr specs, then upload it.

And my watermark is pretty obvious so it's not like I just think it's mine that someone uploaded. It is actually mine and you can see the original a few posts down from the reposted one in the tags.

On the plus side (?) generally when you have such art reposted it means you finally 'made it' in the editing world for someone to steal your work like that.

Eh.

Ah, the people of Tumblr, reposting images without credit or consent, even going far to claiming an image as their own. What filthy cheats.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5056 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:15 pm »
Neighbor's Pokeberry bush is back over the fence and in to my yard again. It's only been a little over a week and I have to trim it again. Damn people not taking care of their lawns.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5057 on: September 03, 2013, 05:01:25 pm »
Yeah they get pretty huge pretty quick.  There's a plant the size of a small tree growing from the burn pile in the field behind my house.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5058 on: September 03, 2013, 05:43:04 pm »
Is your watermark still on it?

That's what I said. It's pretty obvious.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5059 on: September 03, 2013, 05:54:58 pm »
Yeah they get pretty huge pretty quick.  There's a plant the size of a small tree growing from the burn pile in the field behind my house.
The neighbor's is similar sized. In fact, I thought it was a small tree or a really big bush until I figured out what it was.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5060 on: September 03, 2013, 06:06:14 pm »
We have a persistent and fast growing tree-like entity growing under a small fence between us and our neighbors' driveways.

I've cut it down, only to have it grow back within a week :/

We're going to have to uproot it, but without damaging the flowers that it's growing near.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5061 on: September 03, 2013, 06:23:46 pm »
The things I get around me that seem to spread like wildfire are Boxelder sprouts, and wild hedges.  Man they just pop up everybloodywhere.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5062 on: September 03, 2013, 08:13:05 pm »
Theres a teacher strike at my uni today and the police cordoned off most of the main ways to get into the uni. Thing is, there are still classes on, so i had to run aaaaall around the uni looking for a gap
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5063 on: September 03, 2013, 10:26:41 pm »
I'm out of my meds and can't get a refill until tomorrow after work. Having some seriously nasty withdrawal symptoms right now. :(

*loves on* If you need to, you can hit me up on steam if you need to talk. I'd suggest tumblr but it's being a butt right now.

I managed to get in to see a doctor at the clinic for a refill, so I'm feeling a hell of a lot better now. It'll still take a day or two before I'm 100%, but at least I'm not nauseated or having those brain buzzes anymore. I appreciate the offer to vent, though. <3
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5064 on: September 03, 2013, 10:29:45 pm »
Were you on benzos or something?  Benzo withdrawal is hell on earth.  I have no idea how I managed to get through the worst of mine cold turkey (plus with 30% mortality rate...)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5065 on: September 03, 2013, 10:30:46 pm »
I'm out of my meds and can't get a refill until tomorrow after work. Having some seriously nasty withdrawal symptoms right now. :(

*loves on* If you need to, you can hit me up on steam if you need to talk. I'd suggest tumblr but it's being a butt right now.

I managed to get in to see a doctor at the clinic for a refill, so I'm feeling a hell of a lot better now. It'll still take a day or two before I'm 100%, but at least I'm not nauseated or having those brain buzzes anymore. I appreciate the offer to vent, though. <3

No problem. Any time. I'm glad you got your refill.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5066 on: September 03, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »
Were you on benzos or something?  Benzo withdrawal is hell on earth.  I have no idea how I managed to get through the worst of mine cold turkey (plus with 30% mortality rate...)

Effexor, which is an SNRI (similar to SSRIs, but it affects norepinephrine levels in addition to serotonin). It's worked wonders in keeping me from being a depressed, anxiety-ridden wreck, but its potency combined with a short half-life means that it has some pretty gnarly withdrawal effects, to the point where a lot of people continue taking it even if it doesn't help (or even worsens) their depression/anxiety because they don't want to deal with the withdrawal. The "brain zaps" alone are extremely disturbing, particularly because they're so different from any other sensation you've experienced. I've yet to find a sufficient means of explaining how they feel. Best I can come up with is that they're vaguely similar to that electric shock sensation you get when you bang your funny bone on something, only they originate in your brain and somehow feel even more electric, yet even that doesn't cover the entirety of the sensation. It's just... weird.

I've never taken benzos, luckily, but I've heard about how hard it is to get off of them. Kudos to you for kicking them. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:02:36 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5067 on: September 03, 2013, 11:16:51 pm »
Thanks.  :)

With withdrawal from Xanax, I had some... interesting tactile and audio hallucinations.  As well as the typical hellish rebound anxiety.  I've been through the worst of it for a while and I still have yet to feel 100% 'right'.   However, my mind is much MUCH clearer.  It wouldn't have behooved me to go through the rest of my life in a dopey dozy haze. 

I have heard about the brain zings from anti-depressants.   I'm on Prozac and Wellbutrin, but I've yet to need to get off them.  I've been told the withdrawal isn't that bad, but I'd rather not try my luck, hehe.

I read my GABA receptors (which are all over the body, not just in the brain) need to get reworked and that can take time.  So... I'm just waiting.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:18:54 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5068 on: September 03, 2013, 11:22:47 pm »

Effexor, which is an SNRI (similar to SSRIs, but it affects norepinephrine levels in addition to serotonin). It's worked wonders in keeping me from being a depressed, anxiety-ridden wreck, but its potency combined with a short half-life means that it has some pretty gnarly withdrawal effects, to the point where a lot of people continue taking it even if it doesn't help (or even worsens) their depression/anxiety because they don't want to deal with the withdrawal. The "brain zaps" alone are extremely disturbing, particularly because they're so different from any other sensation you've experienced. I've yet to find a sufficient means of explaining how they feel. Best I can come up with is that they're vaguely similar to that electric shock sensation you get when you bang your funny bone on something, only they originate in your brain and somehow feel even more electric, yet even that doesn't cover the entirety of the sensation. It's just... weird.

I've never taken benzos, luckily, but I've heard about how hard it is to get off of them. Kudos to you for kicking them. :)

I've had those before but they're usually in response to certain pain meds. As well as at random times where I'm just minding my own business and I feel tingling in my brain and such.

&

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5069 on: September 03, 2013, 11:46:52 pm »
Thanks.  :)

With withdrawal from Xanax, I had some... interesting tactile and audio hallucinations.  As well as the typical hellish rebound anxiety.  I've been through the worst of it for a while and I still have yet to feel 100% 'right'.   However, my mind is much MUCH clearer.  It wouldn't have behooved me to go through the rest of my life in a dopey dozy haze. 

I have heard about the brain zings from anti-depressants.   I'm on Prozac and Wellbutrin, but I've yet to need to get off them.  I've been told the withdrawal isn't that bad, but I'd rather not try my luck, hehe.

I read my GABA receptors (which are all over the body, not just in the brain) need to get reworked and that can take time.  So... I'm just waiting.

I'm not sure about Wellbutrin, but I've read that Prozac doesn't have the brain zaps, and can actually be useful in helping to lessen the withdrawal effects from other drugs, but I'd imagine that it differs from person to person. Hopefully you'll never have to experience them, or any of the nastier withdrawal effects. Coming off benzos is definitely more than enough withdrawal for one lifetime.

I've had those before but they're usually in response to certain pain meds. As well as at random times where I'm just minding my own business and I feel tingling in my brain and such.

Some pain meds have been linked to the sensation, particularly if they're also used to treat depression and anxiety. Do the sensations also come with a burst of tinnitus and (if particularly bad) the bizarre sense that your entire being has shifted out of phase with your body (for want of a better description)?

The brain tingle thing is a bit different, but also pretty disturbing. Sometimes when I've had it, my face will feel super warm and I'll get this brief moment where everything seems surreal and off-kilter. Thankfully, it's fairly rare and goes away pretty quickly.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)