Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073340 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5130 on: September 06, 2013, 04:38:42 pm »
Ahhh, okay.  Never was much of a grinder, myself.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5131 on: September 06, 2013, 04:43:06 pm »
Yeah, I never cared for it myself either.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5132 on: September 06, 2013, 06:24:05 pm »
Well, not really "grinding". Twerking includes aspects of that if there's a lucky/unlucky guy around, but it's primarily about booty shakin'.

Edit: When you download a mod that's being advertised in English, but all of the contents of the mod (including the installation instructions) are in Italian.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 06:25:57 pm by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5133 on: September 06, 2013, 07:52:43 pm »
Working on a mod for Minecraft 1.6.2, and Mojang's now got a preview up for 1.7.  I'd better not have to learn an entire new system...AGAIN.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5134 on: September 06, 2013, 07:58:43 pm »
I can never get the timing changes down right on the "sun sun sun here it comes" part of Here Comes the Sun.

wrightway

« Reply #5135 on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:15 pm »
People complaining about perfectly normal weather. A friend of mine called me to complain about the temperature. "It's cold and it's only September." Yes, it's cold because we live in Ohio and It. Is. September. Just because we've had freakishly warm weather the last few Septembers doesn't mean this isn't the normal weather.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #5136 on: September 06, 2013, 09:59:58 pm »
Well, not really "grinding". Twerking includes aspects of that if there's a lucky/unlucky guy around, but it's primarily about booty shakin'.

Supposedly it differs from grinding and booty shakin' in that if you do it right, your butt cheeks are going to jiggle and slap together.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5137 on: September 06, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »
My conspiracy-theory loving, ultra-right wing, thinks-Fox-News-is-fair brother (yes, the brother who's LESS obnoxious than my parents) plans to deny his son vaccines of any kind because they're a "scam by Big Pharma to ruin kids' immune systems". He uses the fact that I got a very very very mild case of chicken pox when I was a kid as "irrefutable proof" that vaccines don't work and the I-got-a-shot scar on our mom's arm that they "do more harm than good". I tried to teach him about how vaccines actually work, and he accused me of being brainwashed(!).
And a depressing update on the fundie relative: She stormed off Facebook with a final post saying that she "[is] DOING RIGHT IN THE EYESOF THE LORD WHO WILL PUNNISH YOU FOR YOUR TRANSGRESTIONS [sic]".

Edit: The fundie relative who's using TTUAC as a child-rearing guide. I felt the need to clarify because all my relatives are fundie.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 03:19:24 am by SmokingDodongo »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5138 on: September 06, 2013, 10:23:11 pm »
I can never get the timing changes down right on the "sun sun sun here it comes" part of Here Comes the Sun.

// //// Sun sun sun here it comes.
........../    //     //    /      /     /    /

... Well... it's the way I do it, anyway.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5139 on: September 07, 2013, 06:13:34 am »
Well, it looks like Tony Abbott has been elected Prime Minister. Just fantastic. All of a sudden, I almost miss John Howard.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5140 on: September 07, 2013, 06:40:02 am »
Oh fuck. Really?......ew
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #5141 on: September 07, 2013, 06:42:33 am »
Three years of alcoholism looks like a valid life choice...
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5142 on: September 07, 2013, 08:41:02 am »
Heeeey ABBOTT!

... Sorry.  Geez I need to update my references.  They're getting kinda old.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #5143 on: September 07, 2013, 09:12:47 am »
People complaining about perfectly normal weather. A friend of mine called me to complain about the temperature. "It's cold and it's only September." Yes, it's cold because we live in Ohio and It. Is. September. Just because we've had freakishly warm weather the last few Septembers doesn't mean this isn't the normal weather.
It's the same in NY. I'd be happy... if I didn't leave my door open last night and dad wasn't too cheap to turn on the heat for a bit, and my space heater wasn't broken. It's fucking cold in here.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5144 on: September 07, 2013, 10:07:44 am »
It's the same in NY. I'd be happy... if I didn't leave my door open last night and dad wasn't too cheap to turn on the heat for a bit, and my space heater wasn't broken. It's fucking cold in here.
SoCal is going through a bit of a heat wave, like it does every year. I'm trying to figure out why nobody's noticed the pattern yet. I mean, yes, we have broken pretty much every heat record by several degrees (up to 20 in some parts of LA/OC/Riverside counties I think), but the fact that people think the heat is odd for this time of year mystifies me.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.