Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070557 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6165 on: December 01, 2013, 01:54:33 pm »
Yeah.  It's annoying when you have to decide whether to keep your house, or keep a limb...

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6166 on: December 01, 2013, 06:08:56 pm »
Mlle, I hope you already went to ER. The hand is inflamed like that because of fighting an infection. If you don't go in, you may end up seeing those tell-tale curly streaks of skin discoloration from severe infection, gangrene. A cat's teeth are filthy and coated with bacteria. He injected that into your hand with the bite.

Yeah, I've seen the damage a cat bite can do -- my mom got blood poisoning from one back when I was a kid. Luckily, double antibiotics and monitoring prevented it from spreading too far. Believe me, I'm not taking this lightly.

I went to the clinic earlier today and got some antibiotics. The swelling had improved pretty drastically by the time I got up this morning (leading me to believe that it's being exacerbated during the day, since it's my dominant hand and it's difficult not to use it), but I'd rather not take any chances.

NEVER just ignore an animal bite and hope that it goes away. That's one of the best ways to get yourself a severe infection, the likes of which you have never seen.

I haven't been ignoring it. I've spent the last couple days changing bandages, checking for signs of spreading redness, etc., all the while prepared to run off to the doctor if things looked funky.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6167 on: December 02, 2013, 05:08:27 pm »
So in the list of reasons why I hope a lot of my classmates have horrible lives after high school they thought it would be a good idea to make fun of my dead dog.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6168 on: December 02, 2013, 05:21:47 pm »
Some people are just dicks by nature, Lilith.  Sorry you had to share space with them.  *hugs*

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6169 on: December 02, 2013, 10:05:08 pm »
I'm not naming names, but the current principal at my old school IS FREAKING UNSCREWED. (Begin rant)

I know it's not fair to pick on someone's personal traits, but...everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) hates her. She has this CONSTANT Stepford/Slasher Smile on. She apparently goes into a rage over the smallest things while teaching a class and then calls them all back during lunch to basically say sorry for three quarters of an hour. I think she's actually mentally unstable - and I know that's not something you mock, but she's in a position of power!
Oh, and she somehow knows literally everyone's names. EVERYONE IN THE SCHOOL. I'm talking over a thousand kids, and she can name every single one of them. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING ABOUT THIS.

This evil bitch has sent the best public school in the state circling the drain. There have been mass-firings of highly valuable and experienced teachers, random subjects have been cut, and existing teachers have had loads of work dumped on them. Brilliant teachers are being overworked and given classes they don't know how to teach, and the administration is completely drunk on power. Students and teachers alike have begun an exodus to other schools in the area, and this is only causing a cycle of cuts.
There is far more I could mention, but I seriously cannot recall the vast amount of things that are happening.

Luckily, a certain teacher I know very well has kept their job as a veteran of over seventeen years, but it's only so long before there is no school left to teach at.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6170 on: December 03, 2013, 01:25:55 am »
Until the "seventeen years" bit, I could have sworn you were talking about my old high school. Do  stupid, arbitrary graduation requirements and a guidance counselor who walks on water and craps dark matter sound familiar to you? How about expecting a senior to have all missed work completed on the day of return after a three-week hospitalization due to mental health crisis (read: suicide attempt)? What about letting favorites with pretty smiles and inflated GPAs physically attack the imperfect with no real repercussions?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6171 on: December 03, 2013, 01:54:30 am »
Until the "seventeen years" bit, I could have sworn you were talking about my old high school. Do  stupid, arbitrary graduation requirements and a guidance counselor who walks on water and craps dark matter sound familiar to you? How about expecting a senior to have all missed work completed on the day of return after a three-week hospitalization due to mental health crisis (read: suicide attempt)? What about letting favorites with pretty smiles and inflated GPAs physically attack the imperfect with no real repercussions?

Those things do sound similar to what's been happening. Except the bullies don't need to have good grades in order to get a free pass. In fact, they have to be actively violent, because dose poor liddle psychwopaths can't help demselves!

My old school will care about you if you're a violent, racist, homophobic idiot and give you chocolates if you don't hit someone for a day, but fuck you if you have an actual mental problem and/or you're being viciously bullied.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6172 on: December 03, 2013, 08:06:26 am »
McDonalds seems to have gotten far more expensive and far less filling over the last couple of years. Used to be I could buy a large meal for just under $7 and that'd fill me right up. Now, the same meal costs almost $10 and leaves me still very hungry. This makes me very sad.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6173 on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:44 am »
McDonalds seems to have gotten far more expensive and far less filling over the last couple of years. Used to be I could buy a large meal for just under $7 and that'd fill me right up. Now, the same meal costs almost $10 and leaves me still very hungry. This makes me very sad.

Have gas prices gone up a lot in Australia?  There might be a connection there with the price.

As for the lack of fulfillment... your stomach might be growing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6174 on: December 03, 2013, 08:31:53 am »

Have gas prices gone up a lot in Australia?  There might be a connection there with the price.

As for the lack of fulfillment... your stomach might be growing.

I don't have a car, so I've no idea what petrol prices have been up to lately. Though there's talk of shale oil becoming viable, so they're probably pretty high, all things considered.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6175 on: December 03, 2013, 08:38:18 am »
Yeah... restaurants tend to charge more when gas prices go up, in addition to general inflation, because it costs more money for the gas for the trucks to transport their goods to them, so they spread the cost to their customers.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6176 on: December 03, 2013, 09:36:38 am »
It would be super awesome if this blizzard would piss right on off.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6177 on: December 03, 2013, 11:45:14 am »
Speaking of piss, I was woken up this morning by my mother telling me about my cousin/neighbour's cat was wanting out by acting like one of those suction-cup Garfields you'd see on car windows back in the day.  Smooshed right up against my cousin/neighbour's bedroom window.  Everyone next door was at work/school, so I went up and found out why.

They'd gotten another dog we didn't know about (they already have a Chihuahua) and Sheba (the cat) didn't like it one bit and was afraid to leave Cousin/Neighbour's bedroom, and hadn't been out probably since the previous day.   I go up there with the key (Their house is actually ours and we have an agreement blah blah yadda fix up blah blah since my grandmother's death yadda.), and open the door.  There the dog was waggling and all excited.  I go to C/N's bedroom, and there's Sheba squished against the other bedroom window.  She looked back at me with a "Meow?"

So I take the scared cat in my arms and start her down the hallway past the dog which I have no idea what kind it is.  Heinz 57, probably.   It was then the full-bladdered calico decided to empty her ballast tanks down the front of me.   I get the cat outside and she jumps from my arms and proceeds to run elsewhere to either take another piss or shit.

The best part of waking up, is cat piss down your front.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:48:05 am by SpaceProg »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6178 on: December 03, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »
It would be super awesome if this blizzard would piss right on off.

Put on the hot coco, curl up with a moose, and ride the blizzard out.

Ironbite-also hockey, curling, maple syrup.  Canadian enough?

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6179 on: December 03, 2013, 03:11:12 pm »

The filling may just be you growing as well, or your penchant for meals of epic proportions stretching your stomach.