Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073022 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6600 on: January 12, 2014, 06:19:57 pm »
Because that's how its depicted in all the movies.  Seriously, I don't remember seeing a single college kid that didn't either live at home, or on campus.  No, they never rent a room at someone else's place, or get an apartment, that'd just be too practical.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #6601 on: January 12, 2014, 06:27:19 pm »
There are only a few handful of movies in which I've seen a character pay for college related services much less rent a room outside of college. Most of them have been low-key queer films. Seems like Hollywood thinks college students are rich or that the amount of scholarly aids and grants hasn't been dramatically reduced.

I do love having graduated in one of the worse economic depression since the Great Depression.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6602 on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:26 pm »
Its going to be between 35 and 45 c for the next few days
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6603 on: January 13, 2014, 12:17:50 am »
The only capo I know of are the devices that hold down guitar strings.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6604 on: January 13, 2014, 12:34:59 am »
I think he meant Kapo. Kapos were prisoners in the concentration camps who had been "promoted" to serve as guards. They had an easier time in exhange of helping guard other prisoners.

And since the SS method was to rule the camps through terror the Kapos were as cruel as the Nazis. In order to prove that they deserved their position as a guard they would participate in the atrocities and act as tough as possible whenever the SS were around.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6605 on: January 13, 2014, 12:51:41 am »
I was thinking capo di tutti capi...
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6606 on: January 13, 2014, 05:32:48 am »
Its 9:30 pm and the temp is still 30 c...uuuugh
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6607 on: January 13, 2014, 07:40:26 pm »
I wish it was that warm here. I really, really hate the cold of winter.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6608 on: January 13, 2014, 09:23:08 pm »
My laptop's screen somehow managed to crack overnight. I literally just closed it and set it down, as usual, only to discover that the left side of the screen is cracked when I went to use it this morning. It wasn't dropped, banged around, or otherwise handled roughly, so I have no clue how it managed to go from working perfectly to fucked up overnight. I'm also fairly certain that the warranty won't cover repairs. To say I'm pissed off would be an understatement.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6609 on: January 14, 2014, 12:57:44 am »
My laptop is now on its  last legs most of the keys are broken all the a's and d's I had to copy and  paste. So I'm going to need to either fix it or get a new one.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #6610 on: January 14, 2014, 01:34:03 am »
My laptop is now on its  last legs most of the keys are broken all the a's and d's I had to copy and  paste. So I'm going to need to either fix it or get a new one.
Depending on the laptop, you should be able to get a replacement keyboard for around $10, so if that's all that's wrong with it, I'd go that route instead of shelling out for a new one.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #6611 on: January 14, 2014, 11:23:56 am »
The smoke from the smokers in front of the building is coming in through my closed office window. Aaargh.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6612 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:02 am »
The smoke from the smokers in front of the building is coming in through my closed office window. Aaargh.

I hate when that happens. My friends used to have a neighbour one floor down who smoked on the balcony (which you are not allowed to do), which naturally meant that the stench came somehow came up if any windows were open or if the door to the balcony was open.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6613 on: January 14, 2014, 12:22:26 pm »

Water bucket.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6614 on: January 14, 2014, 01:22:01 pm »
All the people I hate the most are in my classes. Fucking wonderful.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades