Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071028 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6675 on: January 23, 2014, 11:36:09 pm »
On my old computer I suffered a problem with the playback: it would play the video without audio, pause the video after 7 or 8 seconds while the audio played, and then begin playing the video when it matched up.

It happened if I left Chrome running too long, and I think it had something to do with the increasing amounts of memory being used by the browser slowing everything down gradually until I closed it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6676 on: January 23, 2014, 11:36:21 pm »
Am I the only one experiencing a weird bug with YouTube where it'll play for a bit, then play the previous few seconds of audio again, while stalling the video?  Like...you're 12 seconds in, but the video hiccups, pauses, and the audio cuts back to 8 seconds in.  Its really beginning to grate.
No, you are not. Whenever the video resolution changes (either automatically or manually), it does that.

I don't know what the fuck's been going on with Youtube in the past fortnight or so, but they really need to get their shit together.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6677 on: January 24, 2014, 12:51:39 am »
Am I the only one experiencing a weird bug with YouTube where it'll play for a bit, then play the previous few seconds of audio again, while stalling the video?  Like...you're 12 seconds in, but the video hiccups, pauses, and the audio cuts back to 8 seconds in.  Its really beginning to grate.

I have that problem, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6678 on: January 24, 2014, 09:12:10 am »
Yeah, me too. YouTube has become quite the irritation. It's the only place I can watch the LPs I enjoy, but the videos shit themselves on a daily basis. They'll either refuse to play in fullscreen, they'll have the aforementioned issue with sound, or they'll just completely crash and tell me to try again later. Google really needs to stop sucking pure ass.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6679 on: January 24, 2014, 10:25:49 am »
I had almost all of my issues with YouTube on my old computer, which was already lacking in power and rapidly became rather bloated. It couldn't even run anything in HD because not only did it refuse to stream unless the video was playing, but just streaming HD video was enough to turn it into a chugfest.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6680 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:58 pm »
I just read an article written by a mom who was complaining about her toddler being overweight. Rather than take responsibility for feeding him too much crap, she said GMOs were to blame. Fuck you, irresponsible parent.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6681 on: January 24, 2014, 08:14:17 pm »
My female friend's roommate thinks I'm flirting with my friend and is getting ridiculously rude and defensive, and now I'm being told that I seem like I'm hitting on her.

I seriously had to say "What kind of weirdo flirts by talking about lesbians making condom balloon animals?"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6682 on: January 24, 2014, 08:15:14 pm »
......you know that's a good question.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6683 on: January 24, 2014, 08:33:09 pm »
And now I'm finding out that my HHN castmates were spreading rumors about me behind my back and outright lying about shit I said about my friends.

This is all sounding like a repeat of October. There was a girl in that cast who thought I was hitting on her (I called her pretty on Facebook once, and I saw her outside of work less than everyone else on that cast), so she complained to the stage manager instead of talking to me about it. I didn't know anything was going on until I was put in front of a woman from HR and had it laid out for me.

This kind of shit is exactly why I barely talk to anyone from that cast except my closer friends from it. You don't hear about what you're supposedly saying or doing until months after the fact if you're lucky. If you're unlucky, you're hauled into Human Resources and find out that people are saying shit that could get you fired. It's like high school, only with people who are nominally adults.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 08:42:52 pm by chitoryu12 »

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6684 on: January 24, 2014, 11:10:17 pm »
Had this wonderful fucking conversation with someone today:

Them: What, so you don't think there's anything else beyond this life?
Me: No.
Them: So it all just stops? You think that you just don't exist once you die?
Me: Yes, actually. I don't see any evidence otherwise. Not saying I couldn't be wrong, just that I don't see any evidence for an afterlife.
Them: What, so you think your grandpa (who died just last week, mind you) just doesn't exist anymore?

And now they're wondering why I'm so angry with them.

Can you imagine if this conversation had been flipped around, and I'd sarcastically said something like, "So you think your *insert loved one here* is flying around in heaven?" to someone right after that person had died? I'd be crucified, and rightly so. Yet apparently the same rules of human decency don't apply to atheists.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6685 on: January 24, 2014, 11:13:30 pm »
Had this wonderful fucking conversation with someone today:

Them: What, so you don't think there's anything else beyond this life?
Me: No.
Them: So it all just stops? You think that you just don't exist once you die?
Me: Yes, actually. I don't see any evidence otherwise. Not saying I couldn't be wrong, just that I don't see any evidence for an afterlife.
Them: What, so you think your grandpa (who died just last week, mind you) just doesn't exist anymore?

And now they're wondering why I'm so angry with them.

Can you imagine if this conversation had been flipped around, and I'd sarcastically said something like, "So you think your *insert loved one here* is flying around in heaven?" to someone right after that person had died? I'd be crucified, and rightly so. Yet apparently the same rules of human decency don't apply to atheists.
This makes me want to punch somebody. Preferably the sociopath who actually said that to another human being.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6686 on: January 25, 2014, 03:43:08 am »
I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a tiny piece of me that wanted to punch her when she first said it. I've cooled off a bit since, though, so I'm pretty much content with waiting until tomorrow to calmly discuss it with her.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6687 on: January 25, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »
I answered a similar asshole comment over my mom's death with, "She suffered at the end. That her suffering ended instantly into oblivion is just as welcome a thought for me as your vision of angel wings is for you."
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #6688 on: January 25, 2014, 05:25:26 pm »
I really like Big Red chewing gum, but they stopped selling it in the UK about 15 years ago and the only time I get any is when my nan comes back from her holidays to America.

I found a few packets that I had forgot about last night and was so excited by this discovery that I ended up chewing a whole and now eating is quite uncomfortable.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6689 on: January 25, 2014, 09:49:00 pm »
So I open up my new Anno 2070: Complete Edition PC game, which includes four DLC packs!

"Exclusive unlockable contents may only be unlocked one single time with a unique key."

Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting, but what the hell? I legitimately purchase this game brand new and it won't let me install the DLC as many times as I want? I bought and now own this thing, so I should be able to do whatever non-illegal thing I want with it, shouldn't I? I don't see what this is meant to accomplish, apart from pissing off legitimate buyers.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.