Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069563 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7275 on: May 02, 2014, 05:24:34 pm »
I could only manage to read about 1/8th of that page....then went to my bathroom to rinse my eyes with saline.

So, this dude sells AK gear? And yet he's a rabid paranoid anticommunist.

-Y
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #7276 on: May 02, 2014, 08:32:36 pm »
Was looking around for surplus AK gear to purchase and came across AK47 World. Looked like it would be the equivalent of 7.62x54r.net for AKs. Boy was I wrong.

The guy who runs it is a complete wingnut asshole, the kind who makes all his text way too big and includes too many exclamation points. It reads like a conspiracy theorist page about AKs.

The kicker? He randomly included this in a page talking about magazines:

(btw, Robert Johnson hides behind his Mommy & promised AK47world 20 gas tubes & never delivered on them & then lets his Mommy take his calls because he's not 'Man' enough to answer his own phone & AKFiles 'Board Fairies' most of whom either live in their Mommie's basements, or don't have jobs, want to 'cwy' if you use other people's images on your site - like is done millions of times a day on Facebook - so one of their Douchebags in Texas at (903) 908-7820 called here 16 times - twice at 11 & 12 pm says the owner of AK47World is the 'laughing stock' of the internet - while he calls 16 times to 'cwy' about AK47World = Whaaaaaaaaaa !!!)

Edit: Take a look at this page.

That guy reminds me of other sorts of gun nut whack jobs out there, especially the "Mall Ninja"* variety.  You can also find a plethora of "gun experts" on Youtube that show a disturbingly high lack of gun discipline and common sense who are more than happy to share their "expertise" as though they are a seasoned operator.

Like I had stated in another post on this thread, military phonies also annoy me greatly.  People often ask, "So what if some loser at a bar or social is claiming he was a SEAL, Ranger, Recon, and/or PJ when he wasn't, or that other guy in a pub is claiming he was part of the 9th Para during the Falklands War? Big deal.  What's the harm?" 

To many like myself, it spits on the reputation and memory of those who are or were who they claim to be.  I myself know of a few medics, including a Ranger medic, who are no longer with us, and these idiots want to take the prestige without the sacrifice.  Also, a lot of the times, these same frauds are not claiming prestige to be saying it, they're often bilking the Veteran's Administration(U.S.) of money from deserving veterans, cause an embarrassment to their family who for years thought their relative was a "war hero", and really add on if not maintain some very bad stereotypes about the military.

As you can see from this list of phonies here* and here, you can easily see the buffoonery these people exhibit with their lies even if you aren't in the military yourself.

*NOTE: These sites are from a conservative leaning website, but still do hold good information on the subject linked.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7277 on: May 04, 2014, 09:14:10 am »
Finally figured out how to get the title bar back with the latest version of Firefox.  I'm sorry, but since when is one of the most critical features of a program fucking optional?  I know the whole "borderless" thing is all the rage nowadays, but I personally find it fucking irritating.  I want each window to be an easily distinguishable area that I can see.  I do not want this bullshit infecting my programs like a damned virus...Avast already has it, but thankfully, its the only program outside the GW2 launcher that I have that does that shit.

For those interested in fixing this bullshit, read the spoiler below.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7278 on: May 04, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »
Fuck ants, fuck ants, fucking fuck ants.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7279 on: May 04, 2014, 06:55:58 pm »

I think I have permanent scarring on my feet from ant bites last year.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #7280 on: May 04, 2014, 07:56:43 pm »

I think I have permanent scarring on my feet from ant bites last year.

I've been trying to find the right recipe for homemade ant bait using Roach Prufe boric acid.  I've been unsuccessful so far testing baits in the bathroom, but I'm hoping the newest one works since they're now in the kitchen.  The last recipe I used killed ants, but I think I used too much poison and so it wasn't eaten by the queen.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7281 on: May 04, 2014, 08:32:13 pm »
Y'know, when I go to the gym, what I really don't like seeing are those big guys with veins all over the fucking place, wearing skimpy shirts, looking like a walking ad for the benefits of HGH.

Because I know I'll never look anywhere that "impressive", even when that so called impressive appearance is in all honesty kinda freaky and probably gotten from super-drugs.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #7282 on: May 04, 2014, 08:38:53 pm »
Finally figured out how to get the title bar back with the latest version of Firefox.  I'm sorry, but since when is one of the most critical features of a program fucking optional?  I know the whole "borderless" thing is all the rage nowadays, but I personally find it fucking irritating.  I want each window to be an easily distinguishable area that I can see.  I do not want this bullshit infecting my programs like a damned virus...Avast already has it, but thankfully, its the only program outside the GW2 launcher that I have that does that shit.

For those interested in fixing this bullshit, read the spoiler below.

(click to show/hide)

This worked for me:

(click to show/hide)
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #7283 on: May 04, 2014, 10:36:30 pm »
Y'know, when I go to the gym, what I really don't like seeing are those big guys with veins all over the fucking place, wearing skimpy shirts, looking like a walking ad for the benefits of HGH.

Because I know I'll never look anywhere that "impressive", even when that so called impressive appearance is in all honesty kinda freaky and probably gotten from super-drugs.

Yeah, it's an ugly look IMO. They look like giant erect penises that were morphed into a man shape - just too veiny.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7284 on: May 04, 2014, 10:47:57 pm »

Yeah, it's an ugly look IMO. They look like giant erect penises that were morphed into a man shape - just too veiny.

Fitting, given how some of them act. You know Roid Rage, its like that, but extra pompous. They're like really ugly peacocks, strutting around. There is also how they also tend to stick to their own, and, even if you're giving every indication that the last reps of bench press is really, really freaking hard and crushing you, they'll either hoist it up and not let you finish with a spotter, or tell you its too heavy for you.

Tacitly basically saying you really should consider steroids to lift weights at that level.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7285 on: May 05, 2014, 01:14:08 am »
Bleh. I'm coming down with a cold. Possibly the flu, depending on whether I can blame these muscles aches on my workout yesterday (fitness brofist to Niam). The optimist in me wants to say it was the workout, but the location of the aches and the deep-in-the-bones-24-hours-away-from-a-fever feel of it says otherwise.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7286 on: May 05, 2014, 07:09:46 am »

Fitting, given how some of them act. You know Roid Rage, its like that, but extra pompous. They're like really ugly peacocks, strutting around. There is also how they also tend to stick to their own, and, even if you're giving every indication that the last reps of bench press is really, really freaking hard and crushing you, they'll either hoist it up and not let you finish with a spotter, or tell you its too heavy for you.

Tacitly basically saying you really should consider steroids to lift weights at that level.

I say that you tactfully suggest they smoke a lot of weed so they can eat Cheetos at an abnormally high level.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #7287 on: May 05, 2014, 01:08:39 pm »
Get well, soon, Mlle!

Back on about body builder douchebags, IMO rock climbers and also stone mason tradesmen have the nicest looking range of muscle tone and bulk, which varies according to their type (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph). Their bodies are naturally handsome looking, and since the sport is very demanding, they have ten times the pain tolerance and stamina of all those big dick lilies prancing around down at Gold's*.

Here's a fun pic of some Aussie rock climbers, ranging in age from their mid-twenties to their early fifties, L to R, all having a laugh over a friend's close-call adventure.

(*popular gym chain company in NA)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7288 on: May 05, 2014, 01:16:04 pm »
Get well, soon, Mlle!

Back on about body builder douchebags, IMO rock climbers and also stone mason tradesmen have the nicest looking range of muscle tone and bulk, which varies according to their type (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph). Their bodies are naturally handsome looking, and since the sport is very demanding, they have ten times the pain tolerance and stamina of all those big dick lilies prancing around down at Gold's*.

Here's a fun pic of some Aussie rock climbers, ranging in age from their mid-twenties to their early fifties, L to R, all having a laugh over a friend's close-call adventure.

(*popular gym chain company in NA)
Seconded.  I'm a rock climber and it's done great things for my body.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7289 on: May 05, 2014, 05:49:33 pm »
I have contracted an ear infection...fuck my life!