Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072379 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7980 on: September 10, 2014, 02:42:00 pm »
I like the Dragonborns (Hell my most powerful character was a Dragonborn until I got my current Human Necromancer.) They look cool and have pretty good stats that guy can go suck it.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #7981 on: September 10, 2014, 03:38:41 pm »
I like the dragonborn too. They could have just made them boring little dragons, but instead they gave them an interesting culture and important history.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7982 on: September 10, 2014, 03:48:37 pm »
I like the dragonborn too. They could have just made them boring little dragons, but instead they gave them an interesting culture and important history.

Yep, I mentioned that was an attractive feature of the race, their culture and history.  I was just laughed at - by him.  Other people, not so much ;D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7983 on: September 10, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »
VOLVO PLZ NERF DRAGONBORN

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7984 on: September 10, 2014, 11:20:37 pm »
(Why yes, female dragonborn do have boobs.  I give precisely zero fucks about this.)
a) Dragons not lizards.
b) The race was created by magic. Wizards literally have no conception of right and wrong so the male dragonborns should feel lucky that they do not have breasts.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7985 on: September 11, 2014, 09:54:55 am »
[...]Wizards literally have no conception of right and wrong[...]

Wait...what?!  Since when, exactly?  That's entirely dependent on alignment.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7986 on: September 11, 2014, 10:47:02 am »
[...]Wizards literally have no conception of right and wrong[...]

Wait...what?!  Since when, exactly?  That's entirely dependent on alignment.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #7987 on: September 12, 2014, 12:14:50 am »
And I've pulled my guitar string again. >_>
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7988 on: September 12, 2014, 07:04:01 am »
Oh gods, the anti-dragonborn fool also seems to be firmly convinced that only munchkin players would ever want to play an evil character.

I'm starting to think that he doesn't actually know what "munchkin" means in D&D terms.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7989 on: September 12, 2014, 07:12:53 am »
Apparently, he has NEVER played Ultima Online and got to know the glory that is red hunting.  Nothing makes you feel more like a big damn hero than taking down a known, intelligent mass murderer with just you and a few of your buddies.  Shit, you get to play detective, spy, and bounty hunter all at the same time!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7990 on: September 12, 2014, 07:28:00 am »
You know what?  I'm actually gonna copy and paste several of his posts here, just so you can see the inanity of them.

Dragonborn are about as deep as Everest and no it's about 99% of dragonborn that are munchkin and yes my mind is closed regarding them they should never been added to pnp much less should they ever be in ddo. I have seen no sign they plan to add them so you deal with that

After I pointed out that judging from what I saw of his posts, he didn't know a single thing about Dragonborn...

I did read races of the dragon at my local game store and I wouldn't have taken the book if it was free and I did look up the race for 3.5 when a local kid wanted to join my group back where I use to live after reading it I refused to allow it and he took off in a huff, he later wanted back in and then left in a huff again when I wouldn't allow him to be evil. I know enough about it to know its pure hardcore munchkin cheese! I ran my last group for 18 years until I moved and they had no problems with my banning it and thankfully there is no cheese in my new chosen pnp game.

Have I mentioned that reading his posts makes my brain melt?  Because it does.

After questioning the logic of evil characters being "munchkin cheese", he responded with this gem that I recently complained about.

No munchkin players are the ones who usually want to play evil the munchkin cheese is the dragonborn and similar races. and once again there is no real role playing in any mmo. and less in ddo then some others and that is sad. Lucky for me I got my RP fix in our pnp game tonight playing civilians in a aliens universe game.

...I'll be in my trailer.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7991 on: September 12, 2014, 07:36:29 am »
So...he gets off on playing NPC classes.  That's what I got from his last post.  I'm calling bullshit, he doesn't know the first thing about D&D, let alone being a DM.  Hell, I know more about being a DM than he does.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7992 on: September 12, 2014, 07:58:43 am »
So...he gets off on playing NPC classes.  That's what I got from his last post.  I'm calling bullshit, he doesn't know the first thing about D&D, let alone being a DM.  Hell, I know more about being a DM than he does.
Actually playing a civilian in a game with lots of dangerous combat can be fun. It gives a fish out of water feeling and turns it into survival horror (as if Aliens wasn't already survival horror.)

My very first PnP rpg had the players make civilian characters for Twilight 2013 wich is basically a more realistic Fallout. (Set in a world after WW3 and the players are trying to survive amongs the ruins of the old world.)

Likewise Call of Cthulhu games are mostly random civilians going agaisnt unnameable horrors and even though soldier/police characters would be more powerful people usually prefer playing a rag tag bunch of misfits who are way over their heads.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7993 on: September 12, 2014, 08:26:53 am »

Biggest thing I'm calling bullshit on is him DMing for 18 years, because I'm pretty sure he hasn't been alive for 18 years.

He types and acts like a bratty 14 year old, and that's being generous with the age.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7994 on: September 12, 2014, 08:38:03 pm »
Fake scrotums on bumpers.  They're dumb, they're tacky, and they're an admission that your car is a penis substitute.