Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070061 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8430 on: December 28, 2014, 09:42:22 pm »
Fair enough,  Renegade. Having never studied Latin combined with alternate tumblr definitions can cause confusion. Were I familiar with my Latin prefixes, or more familiar with slactivist vernacular, perhaps it would have been easier for me to figure out.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8431 on: December 28, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »
Rebuttal to point one: the Latin prefix "cis" means "on this side of", and is the antonym of "trans". It's also used in the context of organic chemistry. It's no more "made up" than the rest of the Latin-derived bits of the English language. And even if it was "made up" (which all language is), it's not hard to understand. "Selfie" is younger than my cat, but unless this is the first time you've crawled out from underneath whatever rock you were previously living under, you know what a selfie is. The fact that you (plural) are unfamiliar with a word doesn't make it less real.

Besides, it's a lot less fucking stupid than some of the other words they're coming up with.
The jews?
Edit: joking aside, it would be nice if you specified who "they" is.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:36:02 pm by I am lizard »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8432 on: December 28, 2014, 09:58:32 pm »
No... the Reptilians, Lizard.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8433 on: December 28, 2014, 10:26:54 pm »
There's some guy living in Chile with a similar name to me and for some reason I keep getting his cellphone bill sent to my email. I've contacted the company about it, to no effect, and I'm not sure what else I can do.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8434 on: December 28, 2014, 10:36:33 pm »
No... the Reptilians, Lizard.
Jewlizardnati confirmed.

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #8435 on: December 28, 2014, 11:01:56 pm »
There's some guy living in Chile with a similar name to me and for some reason I keep getting his cellphone bill sent to my email. I've contacted the company about it, to no effect, and I'm not sure what else I can do.

Ignore it?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8436 on: December 29, 2014, 12:13:46 am »

Ignore it?
Track him down and cave in his skull with a pipe?

Just throwing that out there...

Offline rookie

• The Beast
« Reply #8437 on: December 29, 2014, 12:16:16 am »
Since you're getting his bill, can you call dude up and say, you know, fix this?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8438 on: December 29, 2014, 12:24:33 am »

Ignore it?

You scare me sometimes.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8439 on: December 29, 2014, 12:28:00 am »

Ignore it?

You scare me sometimes.
Ok, track him down and politely tell him to stop, afterwards invite him out for lunch.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8440 on: December 29, 2014, 03:10:09 am »
The way that, on the intertubes, anyone who says anything that someone else disagrees with or doesn't like is automatically dismissed as a troll.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8441 on: December 29, 2014, 12:45:54 pm »
FEMEN is a bunch of showboating, rabble-rousing hypocritical fucks.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8442 on: December 29, 2014, 05:00:27 pm »
Okay, Microsoft Security Essentials is shit.  How shit?  Provably, demonstrably shit.  Something highjacked my browser, restarted it, and had set my homepage to some obscure, likely virus-infested "search engine."  So, I installed Malwarebytes, did a scan, and how many infected files and registry entries did it find?  If your answer was OVER ONE HUNDRED AND FUCKING THIRTY, then you are abso-fucking-lutely correct.  Mind you, I ran a scan before that with MSE, and it found exactly fuck all.

MSE is literally worse at preventing and detecting malware than the pull-out method is at preventing pregnancy.  Funny, because Avast is about as good as a condom...and its fucking free.  I might get that for active protection, now that I think about it...  Finally get something better than that festering hunk of steaming, porous feculence.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:02:36 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8443 on: December 29, 2014, 06:25:00 pm »
I've been trying to reset my sleep schedule.  Unsuccessfully.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8444 on: December 30, 2014, 01:25:08 am »

When I got my current phone number, I discovered that the only reason I was able to get it is because the previous owner quietly and hurriedly replaced it to try and avoid debt collectors. I've spent YEARS getting calls for him (mostly from Georgia), since the guy is long past the point of being taken to court.

I looked him up and he's a local wannabe DJ who sells HVAC units as his day job. I occasionally ponder running over to the shop he works at to yell at him.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.