Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2072257 times)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8550 on: February 03, 2015, 01:07:52 am »
Its a vampire-themed expansion, what did you expect?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8551 on: February 03, 2015, 01:12:27 am »
I liked the idea of fighting vampires, like, venturing out of town and fighting a cabal of bloodsuckers.

But to have them running rampant like a plague is just too overwhelming. I am compelled by my own mindset to try to save as many of them as possible, to fit a narrative. But I can't.

Not in a world this big.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8552 on: February 03, 2015, 07:56:44 am »
Why do that, when you can be a crazed Knight Templar with thousands of bloodied notches on your sword? Them being vampires just means you can kill with impunity.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8553 on: February 03, 2015, 08:26:42 am »
Seattle Seahawks fans.
Why's that?

Spamming the Super Bowl thread on another forum I read with constant score updates (at least so long as Seattle were winning), repeatedly claiming they would repeat, and then saying that the Patriots win was meaningless because of Deflategate and that the Seahawks would make the Super Bowl next year.
To be fair basically all football fans are obnoxiouse like that.
"Obnoxiouse"?

Also, DLC that are basically just cheats. I buy the complete edition/game of the year edition/whatever the fuck it's called when all the content is in one place edition of a game, install it, start a new game, then immediately have to exit back out and uninstall a bunch of the stuff because the game dumped a pile of free stuff in my inventory that completely breaks the early game and ruins a big part of my sense of progression for the first several hours.

Fallout New Vegas Game of the Year Edition?

The very same. Fuck the Courier's Stash.

Originally when it was a bunch of different pre-release packages with a single gun and some armour it was ok. Now that all of the packages have been combined it is too much. ...Unless of course you throw most of the stuff away on purpose.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8554 on: February 03, 2015, 10:22:36 am »
When I played I think I either threw most of it away or sold it. Granted it doesn't feel like it's too OP when your doing a run set on very hard hardcore mode. Even with extra stuff you'll get killed by weak stuff starting off.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8555 on: February 03, 2015, 04:13:53 pm »
Originally when it was a bunch of different pre-release packages with a single gun and some armour it was ok. Now that all of the packages have been combined it is too much. ...Unless of course you throw most of the stuff away on purpose.
Even that kind of reeks of bullshit to me. I guess it's also the idea of paying for "DLC" that you could just as easily acquire by Googling the console commands that rubs me the wrong way.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8556 on: February 03, 2015, 04:42:27 pm »
When you almost get an awesome photo but you're not quite quick enough and you fuck it up.  This is worse than missing the shot altogether 'coz you came so close.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8557 on: February 03, 2015, 04:58:50 pm »
Not trying to be a dick or anything, but I think that's an awesome shot. Granted, it's not what you wanted, but it's a nifty representation of the world and its increasingly common fast-paced lifestyle.

Or maybe I'm just reading into shit too deeply.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8558 on: February 03, 2015, 05:07:59 pm »
Well, if I do say so myself, as shots of jumping squirrels' arses go it's quite a good one lol

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8559 on: February 03, 2015, 06:49:50 pm »
People crying over optional modes in games.

I.e. easy mode for dark souls, turn off gore for others.

If you cry over an optional in a game, you're a faggot, no exceptions.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8560 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:24 am »
Even that kind of reeks of bullshit to me. I guess it's also the idea of paying for "DLC" that you could just as easily acquire by Googling the console commands that rubs me the wrong way.

a) The caches gave you gear that you could not find elsewhere in the game.
b) If your answer is "I can hack the game or use cheat codes to achieve the same results and therefore the DLC is bad" then I am done discussing this topic.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8561 on: February 04, 2015, 02:40:05 am »

a) The caches gave you gear that you could not find elsewhere in the game.
b) If your answer is "I can hack the game or use cheat codes to achieve the same results and therefore the DLC is bad" then I am done discussing this topic.
I guess if there are unique items, fine. I still say paying money just for a few early game items is a massive rip off, but that's entirely subjective. However, how is "you can get exactly the same result by using cheats" not a valid criticism, much less one that apparently annoys you so much?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8562 on: February 04, 2015, 07:24:46 am »

But...but...CASUALS!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8563 on: February 04, 2015, 07:31:52 am »

But...but...CASUALS!

Oh, I missed that one. I said this before and will say it again: Pointless elitism is stupid!

...Actually, if I wanted to make a silly metaphor for why complaining about gay marriage is stupid since it does not affect other people (particularly when it is only a civil union rather than FORCING your church to give weddings to icky homosexuals...) complaining that some video game has an option that you can turn off would be such a metaphor.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8564 on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:38 pm »
Having increasing trouble finding a dog-sitter, professional or otherwise. Still have some options, but if none works out I'll have to cancel my vacation (or convince my parents to take the dog with them, but I really don't think that will work).
Σא