Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075314 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9765 on: March 09, 2016, 06:11:31 pm »
I just realized that I'm absolutely fucking useless.

What makes you think that?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9766 on: March 09, 2016, 06:26:32 pm »
Literally everybody I know who shares an interest with me is better at that thing than me. I work as a dishwasher, and am the guy who management always asks to stay late cause they know I'll accept, cause I need every cent I can get. I'm slowly losing my will to even do my coursework because fucked if I know why, even though being in college is the only reason I'm not fucking homeless. I have no friends locally, despite having been here for aboutb9 months... There's more, but you get the gist.

One more. My only close friend in the world an I hardly ever talk anymore, and soon we won't talk at all, 'cause the guy she's marrying doesn't want her to talk to me cause we used to be in a relationship.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 06:31:11 pm by Svata »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9767 on: March 09, 2016, 06:36:17 pm »
Literally everybody I know who shares an interest with me is better at that thing than me. I work as a dishwasher, and am the guy who management always asks to stay late cause they know I'll accept, cause I need every cent I can get. I'm slowly losing my will to even do my coursework because fucked if I know why, even though being in college is the only reason I'm not fucking homeless. I have no friends locally, despite having been here for aboutb9 months... There's more, but you get the gist.

One more. My only close friend in the world an I hardly ever talk anymore, and soon we won't talk at all, 'cause the guy she's marrying doesn't want her to talk to me cause we used to be in a relationship.

Jesus, I'm sorry.  If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

On another note, your friend's fiancé sounds like a controlling, jealous asshole.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #9768 on: March 09, 2016, 06:56:30 pm »
Best part? She got mad at me for suggesting they might be moving too fast, when theybonly started dating at the beginning of November. They're getting married this Friday, and got engaged on Christmas.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 06:59:10 pm by Svata »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9769 on: March 09, 2016, 07:12:15 pm »
My stepinshitdad's daughter is unendingly making raspy breathing noises.

Either she's sick or Monsanto infected her with the T-Virus.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9770 on: March 09, 2016, 08:00:53 pm »

I promise you, you're not useless. There will always be people who are better than you at something. Being good at it is what matters - not being the best in the world.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #9771 on: March 09, 2016, 08:04:02 pm »
Not being the best, I can handle. Its genuinely being the worst at everything that bothers me.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9772 on: March 10, 2016, 04:35:38 am »
There was a picture of a Daesh fighter being given first aid by a Kurdish soldier. Most of the comments talk about how these "sub-humans" should be killed even when they surrender or tortured for information before a painful death.

Why the hell is it so hard to understand that if you torture and murder prisoners you are no different than these "sub-humans" who torture and murder prisoners? The only thing missing is demands for raping them as well...

Oh and people are still defending Guantanamo Bay and using it as proof that imprisoning (and torturing) people won't work so you should instead kill everyone of you enemies (and anyone who happens to be near them as well apparently.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9773 on: March 10, 2016, 12:06:10 pm »
Why the hell is it so hard to understand that if you torture and murder prisoners you are no different than these "sub-humans" who torture and murder prisoners?

There's a large bloodthirsty segment here in the U.S. who will only see "us versus them"; we must terrorize and slaughter the opposing team before they do the same to us.

You're asking for ethical standards from that impulsive tribalistic mentality. You won't find it.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #9774 on: March 11, 2016, 03:47:52 am »
I hate how the only reason, apparently, for not being in love with the idea of yet another cynical remake of a movie that did not need to be remade is because you're a sexist. I also hate how if you find said film's trailer too underwhelming to change your mind, it's because you're a sexist.  It can't possibly be because remakes/reboots over the last few years have a track record of being shit and that the trailer just wasn't good enough to make you think maybe this one will be different.  Nope, you must hate women.  You HAVE to love everything that involves female leads regardless of their quality or probable quality.  Just...fuck off.  Fuck the internet and everyone one it, basically.

Also, how come nobody is saying shit about the black racial stereotype character from the Ghostbusters trailer?  Especially in a supposedly progressive movie.  Is everyone just ok with this sort of thing now?  Or has the bullshit surrounding this film just made everyone afraid that if they say they have a problem with lazy racial stereotypes in movies they'll now be accused of being racist and told they only dislike that character because they're black?  I swear as I get older I understand the world and the people in it less and less.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:50:13 am by Katsuro »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9775 on: March 11, 2016, 11:38:43 am »
I have tons of document prep work to complete this weekend getting ready for a condo board meeting Monday, where we have to plan the big annual member meeting in April.

So, naturally, first thing this morning I get a call to go put out a fire lit by a bitchy old lady who stirs shit up at every chance. She harassed a home inspector working on a unit sale two doors down from her. She screamed at him because he knocked on her door to let her know what he was doing so she wouldn't be startled by the sound of his extension ladder and his foot steps as he crossed her section of roofing to gain access to a second story roof he was inspecting. And then she called and bitched out the inspector's office receptionist, and then bitched at his office manager.

And then she called and left a bitchy message to the selling Realtor, who is also a nice guy, a neighbor, and a Board member of the adjoining townhouse HOA. Fuck me. I want to drown this bitch next time I see her in the condo pool.

I just love making phone calls first thing in the morning where I'm eating four heaping plate's full of crow before breakfast. I'm looking through our condo governing documents now to see if there is any community rule about harassing workmen doing their jobs. If there is no such rule, the Board can actually draw one up to nip this bullshit in the bud. And make violations of the new rule fine-able. A hundred and fifty bucks a pop. I want to be the one to hand deliver her fine notice if she ever does this shit again.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9776 on: March 11, 2016, 03:41:31 pm »
Why is this thread suddenly stickied?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9777 on: March 12, 2016, 12:47:40 am »
Why is this thread suddenly stickied?
Because we knew that it would annoy you.

...Well, actually I don't know.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9778 on: March 12, 2016, 01:44:35 am »
You sir, are worse than Hitler.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9779 on: March 12, 2016, 01:49:46 am »
You sir, are worse than Hitler.

Literally or figuratively?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.