Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075685 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10215 on: September 23, 2016, 09:17:37 am »
ALF in an international group with very loose structure and no central leadership. Anyone who follows their ideology can start a cell and use their symbols and name. Eläinten VapautusRintama is just a direct translation of Animal Liberation Front so yes, they are part of the same international crowd.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #10216 on: September 23, 2016, 12:28:59 pm »
That made me think of the cartoon where the soldiers are pointing guns saying they're going to "free the shit out of" the people in the people just off the panel.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10217 on: September 23, 2016, 09:10:12 pm »
One of my desktop's hard drives have decided to fail on me, I guess the good thing is it's the hard drive I used to store games on and not where my music or work is on so replacing it will be easy as pie.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10218 on: September 28, 2016, 09:15:36 am »
Wanna know something that really buggers me?  Going to watch some Yahtzee videos on YouTube on my XBone...only to be met with an ad literally every time.  It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for two things: one, its unskippable and, two, it is always for the same motherfucking game.  Look, I god damned get it, Mafia III is coming out.  It looks like a shit GTA ripoff that's trying too hard to be serious and for reasons why that will inevitably lead to failure, look no further than GTA IV and True Crime: Streets of LA.  Fuck your piece of shit game, go the hell away, and let me watch my shit and eat dinner in god damned peace.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10219 on: September 28, 2016, 04:23:46 pm »
HEY!

Sleeping Dogs is a damn good GTA clone.

Ironbite-so knock that off.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #10220 on: September 28, 2016, 04:40:51 pm »
I've just started recently playing Sleeping Dogs. My first impression after maybe an hour of playtime is that it is a perfect example of what Ravy complains about.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10221 on: September 28, 2016, 11:46:01 pm »
I have dental insurance (thank goodness), but the insurer decided that it'll only cover mercury fillings, and since my dentist uses a different kind of filling, it means I'm out $52 per filling.

Granted, on the whole I'd rather pony up the $52 than have poison in my mouth, but it's aggravating that the insurance company would rather I have poison in my mouth than shell out the extra fifty bucks.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10222 on: September 29, 2016, 01:42:42 pm »
Do you ever come across someone on the net and automatically dislike them? There's this one guy who's on both the Shadowrun subreddit and the FB group that I'm in and I have to constantly remind myself to read his post again and this time not assuming that he's being an asshole.

Because he writes a lot and I am starting to suspect that he is not trying to sound like an arrogant prick who knows everything better than anyone else and I'm just prejudiced against him and it's just me.

I mean, occasionally he even writes stuff that I can agree with.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #10223 on: October 06, 2016, 06:27:25 pm »
Blind Norwegian football (soccer) referees. Fuck them.

#Iceland-Finland
#OvertimeGoal
#GoalieHadTheBall
#GetFuckingGoalCameras

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #10224 on: October 08, 2016, 12:17:32 am »
I think I fractured my hand yesterday. Swollen to hell and back and, well, actually went numb and doesn't hurt anymore unless I whack it. But it sucks having to do things with my left hand.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10225 on: October 13, 2016, 05:30:03 am »
I'm just going to put this here since I don't want to clog the election thread. Remember that Finnish politician talking about exploding bats? He was invited to a talk show to discuss the subject and basically his comment was (and I am paraphrasing a bit here) "we were just throwing some baits at the reporters and the stupid fucks took it hook, line and sinker."

There was already a comment that this reveals two things:

a) The Finns are once again going to the elections with empty promises and populism. In fact they are merely amused when someone thinks that they actually mean what they said.

b) It still works. Just like Trump has been doing for a year or so the Finns get all the media attention they want and can distract from their many failures by simply making some outrageous PR stunt. And the media will still fail for it every time and won't even bother to call them the cheats that they are.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10226 on: October 16, 2016, 06:47:30 am »
The racist "close the borders" mob has once again been protesting against refugees (and anyone who isn't white actually) and once again they have signs where they ask Putin to take over Finland and "purge" the country.

...I mean I know that many of their most vocal leaders are getting payments from Moscow but this is just lazy.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10227 on: October 21, 2016, 05:21:56 am »
Three separate people walked up to a buddy of mine and said that he is racist because of his hair.

...Apparently white men are not allowed to have a long hair because it's cultural appropriation and oppressing the native Americans.

If I had read that on the internet rather than heard from a person whom I judge to be reasonably honest I would have considered thought it was yet another anti-SJW made up story.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10228 on: October 21, 2016, 05:55:23 am »
Hey, it's true. Everyone knows that, following decades of painstaking research and testing, Native Americans both invented and subsequently called dibs on not cutting your hair in 1742. While I for one spend every night crying myself to sleep because myself and the rest of my people don't get to enjoy the fruits of such a groundbreaking innovation, it would be terribly racist and bigoted of me to not support policing people's hairstyles based on their race, now wouldn't it?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10229 on: October 21, 2016, 06:15:09 am »
I got called a "cuck fuck" the other day. Why? Because I stopped some woman who was probably high on pot from jumping through a fare gate right after me. Then she tried to chat me up on the platform (no idea how she got through the fare gate), but thankfully she was catching a different train than I was.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.