Author Topic: Not Always Thread  (Read 80251 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Not Always Thread
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2013, 11:35:05 am »
...it's so insane it has to be true.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2013, 06:42:27 pm »
I dunno about your suspension of disbelief, but I think I pulled something laughing...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2013, 06:57:30 pm »
Guys I think my ability to suspend disbelief just got entirely ruptured, because this is so insane that I can't.  I just can't.
I had something similar happen to me last week. Someone said that they were going to try and convert their cats to a vegan diet and I had explain why said cats would die a slow, painful death. I think I managed to talk her out of it, but I'm not totally sure. Poor kitties.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2013, 08:45:35 pm »
Guys I think my ability to suspend disbelief just got entirely ruptured, because this is so insane that I can't.  I just can't.

I'm just going to copy what I said on my blog: Killing the snake because of your own stupidity about diets is not what I consider right, either.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2013, 01:21:02 am »
I had something similar happen to me last week. Someone said that they were going to try and convert their cats to a vegan diet and I had explain why said cats would die a slow, painful death. I think I managed to talk her out of it, but I'm not totally sure. Poor kitties.
I've heard the argument that there are brands of cat food that are either nearly without meat or completely meatless. So either someone has made a marketing scheme out of this or making cat food without using meat (and instead getting all the necessary whatnots from other sources and artificial means) is cheap enough to compete with meat products.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2013, 02:46:12 pm »
Vegan cat food? Somebody's making a bundle off people's crazy.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2013, 04:04:23 pm »
http://notalwaysright.com/dog-gone-cruelty-will-make-your-dogs-gone/34115

I'll freely admit that I'm not a fan of dogs, or pets in general, but this lady... Some people should not have pets.

EDIT: http://notalwaysrelated.com/santa-is-red/27057

That's just hilarious.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:07:02 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2013, 03:17:55 pm »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2013, 08:49:07 am »
Oi vey.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2013, 01:15:29 pm »
That last one I can believe. Over the course of 34 years of dealing with restaurant customers, the number of people who completely tune you out when you explain why a demand cannot be met is astounding. It's like if they do not hear the words they are counting on hearing, everything else is just so much "wah-wah-wah-wah-wah" a la the Peanut's cartoons adult voice sounds.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:06:37 am by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2013, 07:09:20 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2014, 12:38:52 am »
Assuming this is true, awesome families are awesome:

http://notalwaysrelated.com/momentarily-disoriented/28998

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2014, 03:10:44 am »
The cynic in me says thats false. Im not sure parents that are neutral of asexuality would give that much of a damn
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2014, 05:34:50 pm »
In light of the recent discussion in another thread about Benedict Cumberbatch:

http://notalwaysromantic.com/how-to-train-your-boyfriend/28838