Author Topic: Softball Coach Sends Team to Get Him Dates  (Read 18519 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Softball Coach Sends Team to Get Him Dates
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 12:56:51 pm »
Seriously, what Auggziliary and Nightangel said. I can't tell if you're merely pissed off about the single "smug" comment, or if you feel bad for the guy for being shy, or what. Even if smug wasn't the best choice of words, the OP and everyone else has the right to criticize the guy for doing something unbelievably inappropriate. Shyness doesn't make his actions any more acceptable.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 01:00:13 pm »
Shy or not, he did something inappropriate and downright creepy. I see no point to defending what this idiot did. Though on the plus side, at least he didn't ask for upskirt shots.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 01:04:32 pm »
There's no borderline about it.  I AM being apologetic.  I'm not saying he didn't FUCK UP.  I'm just saying that I fucking read the article, and I think you guys need to stop hating so hard.  I went against the sentiment that this forum decided to go with, nothing more.

Also, the racism comment is a load of shit and you know it.  Stop trying to distract from the real issues here.

By the way, I could cite more issues I have with the posts people have made concerning the language used against this guy.  It would take a decent amount of time to compile a post, but I could.  I chose the OP because that's what started it.  It was both convenient and relevant to the  conversation.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 01:07:21 pm »
Then please show us every single thing you have a problem with, and explain how or why you think we are "hating so hard."

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2013, 01:08:20 pm »
By the way, I could cite more issues I have with the posts people have made concerning the language used against this guy.
This may be one of the shortest trips to F&B since the Reddit controversy.

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2013, 01:10:19 pm »
Then please show us every single thing you have a problem with, and explain how or why you think we are "hating so hard."

You're asking a hell of a lot.  I've been addressing most of the posts, with or without quoting them throughout this thread, and now you want me to make a fresh post recapping my issues?  No.  If you can't reread the thread, that's too bad.  I'm not your servant.

I said I "could" address each issue in a new post.  I never said I would, especially considering that doing so would be redundant.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2013, 01:12:11 pm »
I just reread the entire thread and seriously can't figure out what this language is that you're freaking out about. You even admitted that no one was calling him a demon or telling him to burn in hell. All we've been saying this entire time is that his actions were wrong. Can you not accept that?

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2013, 01:14:01 pm »
Besides, if he's a demon he'll be burning in Hell anyway, right?

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2013, 01:14:20 pm »
The problem is that you ARE saying that he didn't fuck up. You keep pulling excuses out of your ass like "He was shy", "he was only 25", or "She was 21". You keep making these wild theories to defend him, like trying to excuse him from asking a girl to go to his bedroom because "She had problems". (That's actually how a lot of sexual harassment works, they try to lure victims in by pretending to be a nice guy who wants to help their problems.) If he was actually trying to help her he could have just gone somewhere not as dangerous as his fucking hotel room.

It doesn't matter how many times you say that you "know he fucked up" if you are going to go this far to defend him and attack anyone rightfully calling him out.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2013, 01:19:23 pm »
I just reread the entire thread and seriously can't figure out what this language is that you're freaking out about. You even admitted that no one was calling him a demon or telling him to burn in hell. All we've been saying this entire time is that his actions were wrong. Can you not accept that?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/subtext

That's where I got the "demon" thing.  It was another way of saying you're demonizing him in my opinion.  Maybe you're merely saying his actions were wrong, but that's your interpretation, and yours alone.

The problem is that you ARE saying that he didn't fuck up. You keep pulling excuses out of your ass like "He was shy", "he was only 25", or "She was 21". You keep making these wild theories to defend him, like trying to excuse him from asking a girl to go to his bedroom because "She had problems". (That's actually how a lot of sexual harassment works, they try to lure victims in by pretending to be a nice guy who wants to help their problems.) If he was actually trying to help her he could have just gone somewhere not as dangerous as his fucking hotel room.

It doesn't matter how many times you say that you "know he fucked up" if you are going to go this far to defend him and attack anyone rightfully calling him out.

You do realize that there's a distinction between calling someone wrong and flat out attacking them, right??  Defending someone does NOT mean you think their actions are okay.  The two concepts aren't mutually exclusive.  Shocking, I know.

Most of my defense was an interpretation/understanding of the story in another light/perspective.  Maybe in another life I could be a defense attorney.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 01:22:02 pm »
So, then we shouldn't be criticizing the guy for what he did? And I don't really see another interpretation of the story. The guy sent teenagers to get pictures and phone numbers of other women. The end.

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2013, 01:24:02 pm »
So, then we shouldn't be criticizing the guy for what he did? And I don't really see another interpretation of the story. The guy sent teenagers to get pictures and phone numbers of other women. The end.

Don't mince my words.  There's a huge difference between criticizing a person and using nasty language and tone to do such a thing.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 01:25:07 pm »
And we've come full circle. Again, I've read the whole thing multiple times and the only language you seem to have a problem with is the OP's "smug" thing.

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2013, 01:26:44 pm »

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/subtext

That's where I got the "demon" thing.  It was another way of saying you're demonizing him in my opinion.  Maybe you're merely saying his actions were wrong, but that's your interpretation, and yours alone.
In other words, you read it into peoples' responses.

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2013, 01:29:06 pm »
And we've come full circle. Again, I've read the whole thing multiple times and the only language you seem to have a problem with is the OP's "smug" thing.

Admittedly I'm probably more annoyed by the language directed at me.  It's nothing too bad, but some of it is treating me like I'm some dipshit.  I'm of course not exempt from using some choice language right back.