Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071339 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4770 on: August 16, 2013, 01:20:17 am »
I dont use the subscribe button. Nothing is interesting enough to warrant it
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4771 on: August 16, 2013, 01:29:28 am »
I can usually manage to find what I'm looking for, but their system is incredibly convoluted.

Also, along the same vein: Infinite scroll. Especially on blogs, but it's annoying on any site.

Agreed so much on the infinite scroll. If a blog on tumblr has it on I usually don't get very far cause my computer hates loading it all. Give me pages, please. Any day.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4772 on: August 16, 2013, 01:38:02 am »
Particularly when most Tumblrs are full of animated gifs and reaction images.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4773 on: August 16, 2013, 02:43:42 am »
I got into an email-based shouting match with a relative today. I found out (from shoulder-surfing my mom while she was on FB) that she wants to use the Pearls' methods of child abuse discipline, as detailed in To Train Up A Child, on her firstborn daughter. You know, the book-turned-free-PDF that has a parent talking about how a child should have his or her will broken by the age of one year? The one that says children should be conditioned to immediately obey any command to avoid getting beaten? The one has has parents deliberately putting their kids into dangerous situations (near a pond, by an open stove, holding a gun...) and saying "No" to teach them obedience?
I read bits of TTUAC in order to better argue with my relative and found myself so severely disgusted I had to close the tab and look at kittens and corgis for a while. It's a manual for child abuse, wrapped in smug "righteousness". She insists it's not abuse, it's simply g-d's model for families and even goes so far as to claim anyone who doesn't beat their children hates them. Let me say it in internet shouty text: THIS BOOK ADVOCATES BEATING CHILDREN FOR ANY OFFENSE, NO MATTER HOW MINOR, UNTIL THEY SUBMIT COMPLETELY TO THEIR PARENTS.
If that's not child abuse, I'll eat my fedora with a fuckton of hot sauce and wash it down with razor blades.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #4774 on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:49 am »
People who say that they are "transabled"  piss me off.  Anybody who envies me for being disabled is stupid to want to be legally blind,  deaf in one ear, and unable to walk properly.

Everything about my ex, Devin, enrages me. EVERYTHING.

People who end their sentences with "lol", "lmao" or similar acronyms annoy me,  and it pisses me off when it's used after something offensive.

The "Faustimentalists vs Hasdrones" war in the Brony fandom makes me want to smack a bitch.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 03:08:29 am by Solar Pendra »

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4775 on: August 16, 2013, 03:28:17 am »
I got into an email-based shouting match with a relative today. I found out (from shoulder-surfing my mom while she was on FB) that she wants to use the Pearls' methods of child abuse discipline, as detailed in To Train Up A Child, on her firstborn daughter. You know, the book-turned-free-PDF that has a parent talking about how a child should have his or her will broken by the age of one year? The one that says children should be conditioned to immediately obey any command to avoid getting beaten? The one has has parents deliberately putting their kids into dangerous situations (near a pond, by an open stove, holding a gun...) and saying "No" to teach them obedience?
I read bits of TTUAC in order to better argue with my relative and found myself so severely disgusted I had to close the tab and look at kittens and corgis for a while. It's a manual for child abuse, wrapped in smug "righteousness". She insists it's not abuse, it's simply g-d's model for families and even goes so far as to claim anyone who doesn't beat their children hates them. Let me say it in internet shouty text: THIS BOOK ADVOCATES BEATING CHILDREN FOR ANY OFFENSE, NO MATTER HOW MINOR, UNTIL THEY SUBMIT COMPLETELY TO THEIR PARENTS.
If that's not child abuse, I'll eat my fedora with a fuckton of hot sauce and wash it down with razor blades.

“…then use whatever force is necessary to bring him to bay. If you have to sit on him to spank him then do not hesitate. And hold him there until he is surrendered. Prove that you are bigger, tougher, more patiently enduring and are unmoved by his wailing. Defeat him totally. Accept no conditions for surrender. No compromise. You are to rule over him as a benevolent sovereign. Your word is final.”

From To Train Up a Child, by Michael and Debi Pearl
Chapter 6: Applying the Rod

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4776 on: August 16, 2013, 04:16:51 am »
I don't even know how to react at this point. My brain has just gone "Nope, fuck off, I'm done". I'm going to move on to bitching about stuff that will just make me look bad.

I hate people having more control over something I'm supposed to control than me. It's bad, and kinda pathetic, but I just hate feeling powerless. Been there far too often, and so fucking sick of it.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4777 on: August 16, 2013, 04:49:44 am »

“…then use whatever force is necessary to bring him to bay. If you have to sit on him to spank him then do not hesitate. And hold him there until he is surrendered. Prove that you are bigger, tougher, more patiently enduring and are unmoved by his wailing. Defeat him totally. Accept no conditions for surrender. No compromise. You are to rule over him as a benevolent sovereign. Your word is final.”

From To Train Up a Child, by Michael and Debi Pearl
Chapter 6: Applying the Rod

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

I remember talking about that book before. I am still astonished and disgusted that anyone could even consider tormenting their children like that.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4778 on: August 16, 2013, 06:35:49 am »
Odd, I can use it just fine :S

But I will agree it's getting worse as a site.
You mean the page where all of your subscribees' uploads are arranged in rows of four rather than a single column?

Eh?  I just use the front page.

And if I need more, I generally go to the specific Youtuber's page to look for videos that don't show up in my subscriber feed.

Like I've pretty much always done.  I've basically never used the "subscriptions page" to look at my subscriptions.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4779 on: August 16, 2013, 06:43:51 am »
Eh?  I just use the front page.

And if I need more, I generally go to the specific Youtuber's page to look for videos that don't show up in my subscriber feed.

Like I've pretty much always done.  I've basically never used the "subscriptions page" to look at my subscriptions.
Well that explains that. For the past few months, the subscriptions page was been inaccessible unless you knew the URL (any links to it were disabled). Now Youtube has nuked it entirely, and we're all stuck using the incredibly shitty home page.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4780 on: August 16, 2013, 06:45:18 am »
...it's right under "what to watch" on the left side of the main page, isn't it? It is for me...

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4781 on: August 16, 2013, 07:00:59 am »
Not that one. It was the one where your subscriptions' uploads were arranged in rows of four rather than a single collumn, so you didn't have to scroll down just to see more than the last three uploads. This ironically named video ought to clear up what I mean.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTJr-tAK1Zw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTJr-tAK1Zw</a>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:02:46 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4782 on: August 16, 2013, 09:27:22 am »

Years ago, there was an episode of Tales from the Darkside or something similar, where the father, a retired soldier, used bootcamp methods to discipline his son.  At one point, he told his son so stand in place and not move.  Then he accidentally fell into the swimming pool.  While he yelled for help, his son just stood there, exactly as he was ordered to do.

I think any parent who thinks of training their kid by that book should watch that episode.  Now if I can just remember the exact show it was on . . .
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

wrightway

« Reply #4783 on: August 16, 2013, 12:04:21 pm »
I got a cheap laptop for school work. It suits its purpose, but I'm still whinging that it won't let me play wow.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4784 on: August 16, 2013, 02:26:17 pm »

You have seriously fucked up relatives. Seriously, I don't even know what else to say about this. I think I might have to go look at some kittens too after  just imagining what your relative wants to do to her children.