Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2070625 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5805 on: October 30, 2013, 10:35:38 am »
Y'all keep your nasty virusy ones and zeros to yourselves, then...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:37:11 am by SpaceProg »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5806 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05:39 pm »
Y'all keep your nasty virusy ones and zeros to yourselves, then...

(terrified whisper) I think I saw a two!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5807 on: October 30, 2013, 12:52:17 pm »
I understood that reference.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5808 on: October 30, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »
I didn't and I still chuckled. :)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5809 on: October 30, 2013, 08:50:58 pm »
My Dad smokes upstairs.  Ever since we shut the windows, I've been able to smell his smoke in my room even when all doors are shut.  I'm thinking the smoke is leaking through the ceiling somehow (it's a shitty house).

I'm starting to think this because not only can I smell it, but my room is starting to smell like if I were a smoker.

FAAAAAAAACK.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5810 on: October 30, 2013, 10:23:41 pm »
I've lived with two smokers for 35 years.  I'm so saturated with it, I'll probably go to my grave/cremain urn smelling like cheap ciggies.  Oh well.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5811 on: October 30, 2013, 10:25:14 pm »
Most of my friends smoke, so I don't mind cigarette smoke. In fact, I kind of enjoy it.

The lingering odor though is just awful... especially when it's on someone's breath.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #5812 on: October 30, 2013, 11:23:34 pm »
Most of my friends smoke, so I don't mind cigarette smoke. In fact, I kind of enjoy it.

The lingering odor though is just awful... especially when it's on someone's breath.

I understand what you mean. I grew up around a lot of smokers, so the smell of cigarette smoke is kind of comforting to me. I don't like smelling like old smoke, though.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5813 on: October 30, 2013, 11:25:21 pm »

Cigarette smoke triggers an asthmatic-like reaction in me.  Always has, since I was a kid... and Dad thought I was just making shit up because "he had a window cracked open, the smoke couldn't POSSIBLY be getting to me."  Even after the doctor told him to stop doing this because of the aforementioned reason.  (He also doesn't believe we can smell the cigarette smoke wafting down the stairs when he leaves the door open.  Of course, since he's so used to it, he can't smell it as well as we can.)

So waking up coughing is not fun.

Oh yeah, not to mention the fact that I'm getting nicotine in my veins, getting that dark shit covering the inside of my lungs... yeah, I really fucking hate second hand smoke, and I fucking hate that Dad doesn't take it seriously.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5814 on: October 30, 2013, 11:31:53 pm »
Apparently there's a virus/hacker/thing going around on Tumblr.

Was it that Cryptolocker thing?

Now for my complaint:

My ceiling is leaking and I have to put a pot on the floor.  It started out as a dark spot about a month ago, and now it's actually dripping.  My dad looked at it once before, but couldn't find the leak since it wasn't raining and everything was dried, so he'd have to look at it while it was raining and while the it was leaking.  Oh yeah, it only leaks under unknown circumstances, since it's not always wet when it rains.  It also likes to rain at night when I can't call my dad to come out and take another look at it.  So, I have to wait until around 3 pm tomorrow, and I have to hope he's not held up or doing anything else, and it needs to be raining, and it needs to be leaking, or else he still might not be able to find the problem, leaving the leak to get worse and worse whenever it rains.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #5815 on: October 31, 2013, 02:13:37 am »

Cigarette smoke triggers an asthmatic-like reaction in me.  Always has, since I was a kid... and Dad thought I was just making shit up because "he had a window cracked open, the smoke couldn't POSSIBLY be getting to me."  Even after the doctor told him to stop doing this because of the aforementioned reason.  (He also doesn't believe we can smell the cigarette smoke wafting down the stairs when he leaves the door open.  Of course, since he's so used to it, he can't smell it as well as we can.)

Oh yeah, not to mention the fact that I'm getting nicotine in my veins, getting that dark shit covering the inside of my lungs... yeah, I really fucking hate second hand smoke, and I fucking hate that Dad doesn't take it seriously.

Would I be right in guessing he thinks it goes out the window when he's in the car, too?
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #5816 on: October 31, 2013, 03:03:46 am »
I think my dad smokes by the side of the house or in the basement. Either way, the smell leaches up through the vents into my room somehow.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5817 on: October 31, 2013, 05:29:24 am »

Would I be right in guessing he thinks it goes out the window when he's in the car, too?

Actually, that's what I meant by a cracked window.  I didn't clarify so yeah.

Though he applied it to... pretty much any place, really.  If he couldn't see the smoke, he didn't believe you were breathing it in, basically.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5818 on: October 31, 2013, 06:53:47 am »
Ok, now I'm officially annoyed at the internet being filled with halloween rubbish. I was already annoyed at the custom spreading to Finland.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5819 on: October 31, 2013, 07:25:20 am »
^Thank you!

Glad I'm not the only one. This is exactly why I always think "you lot thoroughly deserve it" whenever I hear an American complaining about their media being flooded with drivel about the English royal family.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:32:08 am by Art Vandelay »