Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075389 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5850 on: November 01, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »
Hey, if SpaceProg doesn't want us to argue here, then let's not.

It's not really even worth the energy to start an F&B thread over it, either, over an annoyance that got blown out of proportion.

Speaking of annoyances, let me get back on topic.

I must admit I get a little annoyed when, any time two people are having an argument someone tells them to go have sex or something.

Oh, I know why they do it, and I do it too, so this is definitely a case of the pot calling the kettle black.  But it does get a little old now and then.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5851 on: November 01, 2013, 06:21:54 pm »
I'm annoyed that I have to wait four more days to get Eminem's newest album. Oh, sure, I'm listening to it right now but I mean actually doling out cash (digital anyways) and downloading it (because I'm streaming it via songdrop).

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5852 on: November 01, 2013, 06:32:38 pm »
The government denied my client's application for a new powerchair. Their reasoning? Her bedroom is on the upper level of her house, making it "not properly wheelchair accessible". Thing is, she literally only uses her room when she's sleeping -- the rest of the time she's in the house she's on the main level, which is 100% accessible. There are ramps for both doors, everything is nice and open, and she has access to the kitchen, living room and bathroom with no obstacles. The fact that she's not going to use the chair for one task (traveling to her room at night) doesn't really mean dick when she'll be using it the rest of the day. They haven't even bothered to come out and see her house, either; they just read that her room is on the upper level of her home in her application, and decided that this meant her home isn't good enough for a powerchair.

Here's the thing: Finding a place that's 100% accessible, in a location that works for her family and affordable is extremely difficult in this city. They were extremely lucky to find the house they're living in right now. If the government is so stuck on her being able to use the chair when going to bed at night, they can damn well subsidize her family in adding an elevator to the upper levels (since her stairway can't handle a lift). This family can't afford to rush off and buy a new place.

They also had the nerve to say that they only handle "highest need" cases. She falls well within this category. She hasn't been able to operate the joystick on her current chair for over two years because of muscle deterioration, meaning that she's been unable to move anywhere independently. As a result, she can't leave her home unless someone pushes her in a chair, something that makes going out in public humiliating for her and forced her to remain housebound the majority of the time. Having a chair she can actually operate would allow her to go places and live life with some semblance of normality. Kind of important for a 20-year-old, no?

She's appealing the decision, but the fact that they denied her in the first place really pisses me off. If anyone needs a new chair, it's her.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:35:46 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5853 on: November 01, 2013, 06:39:15 pm »
One day removed from Halloween and our store already has Christmas crap up.  What's worse is we already have people in the Christmas spirit, getting more pissed off than normal over stupid shit.  I'm dreading the day after November, when they start playing Christmas music NON FUCKING STOP!

I was also tempted to start a, "Rant about the holidays," thread but I figured it was too early.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5854 on: November 01, 2013, 06:45:00 pm »
One day removed from Halloween and our store already has Christmas crap up.  What's worse is we already have people in the Christmas spirit, getting more pissed off than normal over stupid shit.  I'm dreading the day after November, when they start playing Christmas music NON FUCKING STOP!

I was also tempted to start a, "Rant about the holidays," thread but I figured it was too early.

Our Walmart took the Halloween stuff off the shelves and started putting up Christmas stuff.

The day before Halloween.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5855 on: November 01, 2013, 06:47:23 pm »
Hallmark channel has been showing commercials for their Christmas movies for like two weeks now...

*cries*

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #5856 on: November 01, 2013, 06:48:11 pm »

Total bastards.

The Asda where I live has Christmas signs up now, and they've been selling Christmas food since September.

Personally, I think it should be illegal for shops to advertise any holiday themed stuff until the month that it's in.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5857 on: November 01, 2013, 06:52:32 pm »
Personally, I think it should be illegal for shops to advertise any holiday themed stuff until the month that it's in.

B-But then those poor stores won't be able to make as much money by exploiting the most commercialized holiday of the year.  Think of the stores!

• The Beast
« Reply #5858 on: November 01, 2013, 07:30:05 pm »

B-But then those poor stores won't be able to make as much money by exploiting the most commercialized holiday of the year.  Think of the stores!

They could always exploit other cultures holidays instead. There's only 12 months in a year, so it's can't be that hard to find a holiday for each one.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5859 on: November 01, 2013, 07:34:11 pm »
Pretty soon we'll start seeing Lexus commercials. Don't you want to give your partner a car payment for Christmas?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

• The Beast
« Reply #5860 on: November 01, 2013, 07:38:53 pm »
Pretty soon we'll start seeing Lexus commercials. Don't you want to give your partner a car payment for Christmas?

Do they really advertise that?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5861 on: November 01, 2013, 07:45:34 pm »

Do they really advertise that?

Yes. Usually a woman buying a car for her man.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5862 on: November 01, 2013, 07:47:33 pm »
Can you actually give someone a car and the accompanying debt without their consent?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5863 on: November 01, 2013, 07:51:05 pm »
I was at Walmart yesterday and not only are they playing Xmas music, but one of the employees told me that their Xmas display (which was twice as big as the Halloween display) had been up for a month. If the back-to-school stuff is rubbing elbows with the Xmas stuff, SOMETHING HAS GONE TERRIBLY TERRIBLY WRONG.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5864 on: November 01, 2013, 07:52:55 pm »

They could always exploit other cultures holidays instead. There's only 12 months in a year, so it's can't be that hard to find a holiday for each one.

There's no holiday that makes as much money as Christmas.

I think Valentine's Day is the closest there is, and even then that's mostly chocolate and flowers.  Christmas... is the big bucks.  Stuff like big screen TVs, expensive video game consoles, loads of video games for said consoles, New lights because you can't be bothered to untangle your old ones, and so forth.