Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2077113 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5865 on: November 01, 2013, 08:42:52 pm »
Pretty soon we'll start seeing Lexus commercials. Don't you want to give your partner a car payment for Christmas?
Can you actually give someone a car and the accompanying debt without their consent?

Well, I guess it depends on the situation. If you take out a giant loan to cover the cost, then that's in your name so it's technically you who should be making the payments. But since so many married couples have joint bank accounts, the money's being taken from both the giver and receiver. So it basically fucks over everyone.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #5866 on: November 01, 2013, 08:47:47 pm »
Pretty soon we'll start seeing Lexus commercials. Don't you want to give your partner a car payment for Christmas?

Do they really advertise that?

Yes. Usually a woman buying a car for her man.

Sometimes I wonder who Lexus and other luxury car brands are trying to advertise to with some of these commercial. People in the upper classes are going to get more expensive brands and lower class people can't be changing cars every Christmas. The middle class is probably not going to buy new cars every Holiday season either. So like who exactly are they selling it to?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5867 on: November 01, 2013, 08:54:54 pm »
Can you actually give someone a car and the accompanying debt without their consent?

Well, I guess it depends on the situation. If you take out a giant loan to cover the cost, then that's in your name so it's technically you who should be making the payments. But since so many married couples have joint bank accounts, the money's being taken from both the giver and receiver. So it basically fucks over everyone.

True, I didn't consider joint accounts.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:34:23 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5868 on: November 01, 2013, 11:44:33 pm »
Mum wants me to start getting up before she does to put her plate away from her late night snacking
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5869 on: November 02, 2013, 12:36:25 am »
I have a pretty major cyst right at the top of my ass crack. The bloody thing makes sitting down way more painful than it has any right to be, and no matter how hard I jab it with scissors, it just wont pop.

Then again I have a dissecting kit sitting around from my old biology labs. Perhaps a scalpel razor will do the trick?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5870 on: November 02, 2013, 12:50:00 am »
I just got done with yet another pointless argument about how I am/am not a "man in a woman's body". Hey, mom: I'm not a man in a woman's body. I'm a man in a man's body. The presence or absence of a particular set of body parts does not and will never determine whether someone is a man or a woman. Also, if this is something I chose to do, then prove it by switching your gender right now. Go on, it can't be that hard if your "incompetent, lazy, self-centered brat" of a "daughter" can do it just to piss you off.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5871 on: November 02, 2013, 12:56:55 am »
I have a pretty major cyst right at the top of my ass crack. The bloody thing makes sitting down way more painful than it has any right to be, and no matter how hard I jab it with scissors, it just wont pop.

Then again I have a dissecting kit sitting around from my old biology labs. Perhaps a scalpel razor will do the trick?

I've got a better idea. *revs up chainsaw* Bend over.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5872 on: November 02, 2013, 01:17:44 am »
Mum wants me to start getting up before she does to put her plate away from her late night snacking

Didn't she get pissed at you putting her plate away in the first place because it implied she doesn't put her plate away somehow?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5873 on: November 02, 2013, 01:27:08 am »
Actually that was with a cup. She uses way more cups than plates
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5874 on: November 02, 2013, 01:31:02 am »

I've got a better idea. *revs up chainsaw* Bend over.

It's actually kind of tempting.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5875 on: November 02, 2013, 01:33:40 am »
Chances are youre gonna have to get that thing surgically removed

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5876 on: November 02, 2013, 02:22:29 am »
One day removed from Halloween and our store already has Christmas crap up.  What's worse is we already have people in the Christmas spirit, getting more pissed off than normal over stupid shit.  I'm dreading the day after November, when they start playing Christmas music NON FUCKING STOP!

I was also tempted to start a, "Rant about the holidays," thread but I figured it was too early.

They're already putting up Grinchmas decorations at Islands of Adventure. Starting yesterday, they had many of the HHN store displays removed and only the bare minimum to keep selling merchandise for the last weekend.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #5877 on: November 02, 2013, 08:05:29 am »
My TARDIS blew over in the wind yesterday, now its in pieces... There's no fixing it now.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #5878 on: November 02, 2013, 08:11:13 am »
My TARDIS blew over in the wind yesterday, now its in pieces... There's no fixing it now.

Not even with a sonic screwdriver?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #5879 on: November 02, 2013, 08:12:45 am »
Sonic screwdrivers don't work on wood

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!