Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076950 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6375 on: December 20, 2013, 06:50:47 pm »
It's because you're reducing a woman to her genitalia, so it's pretty much.. worse than "fuck", actually.

On the other hand, "Dick", despite being the same thing, is actually more acceptable than "fuck" because male privilege.

Basically, it's better to be called a dick than a cunt.  Yay patriarchy.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #6376 on: December 20, 2013, 07:01:41 pm »
"hmm, yes. The English language was very strange. It seems the words for male genitalia doubled as minor curse words, whereas the female genitalia were major curse words. Running with our theory that the intensity of profanity correlated directly to the cultural importance of the object (see also: sacre), it can be concluded that the ancient English-speakers held the vagina in particularly high regard" - Linguists/anthropologists of a future civilization, completely misunderstanding how things work.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6377 on: December 20, 2013, 08:14:53 pm »
It's because you're reducing a woman to her genitalia, so it's pretty much.. worse than "fuck", actually.

On the other hand, "Dick", despite being the same thing, is actually more acceptable than "fuck" because male privilege.

Patriarchy? You seriously think men get this bent out of shape over making the mention of female genitalia an insult?

It's a phenomenon based on women shaming each other. If anything, the lack of a comparable insult for male genitalia only indicates that this kind of competition does not exist between men.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6378 on: December 20, 2013, 08:16:54 pm »

Patriarchy? You seriously think men get this bent out of shape over making the mention of female genitalia an insult?

The idea that being compared to male genitalia is less offensive than being compared to female genitalia is a symptom of the patriarchy, yes.

If anything, the lack of a comparable insult for male genitalia only indicates that this kind of competition does not exist between men.

...I want you to think long and hard about this statement.

Pun intended.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #6379 on: December 20, 2013, 08:19:41 pm »
Magus, I admire your ability to totally miss the point of what I was saying.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6380 on: December 20, 2013, 08:20:40 pm »
And I admire the fact you can come in here and say 274 things and not one of them have any form of sense.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #6381 on: December 20, 2013, 08:22:42 pm »
And I admire the fact you can come in here and say 274 things and not one of them have any form of sense.

What can I say? I have a gift.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6382 on: December 20, 2013, 08:23:35 pm »
Magus, I admire your ability to totally miss the point of what I was saying.

I admire that about you too, sugarbuns~

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6383 on: December 20, 2013, 08:38:06 pm »
Things that annoy me, I listened to the new Kanye Album, man that thing sucks. It was like a kick to the ears. Why do people even like his dumbass?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6384 on: December 20, 2013, 11:27:01 pm »
Just pick up the phone and start yelling the C-word (not calling her that, but just saying it in general). I've noticed Americans are fearful of that...
Like how they say "the c-word" instead of just saying "cunt" like a normal person? Yeah, I was just beginning to notice that, myself.

Different connotations and all that. Aussies, Brits, etc. use it for anyone and anything, so it's kind of lost its original tone for your guys. Here in North American, however, it's still mostly used as an extremely negative, sexist term for women, although the "softer" Aussie/Brit version is starting to catch on with some younger people where I live.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6385 on: December 20, 2013, 11:53:56 pm »
Same for around here, surprisingly.  It's not been long that I found out that cunt was such a bad word to/for some women.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6386 on: December 21, 2013, 01:23:07 am »
ofstadter   is it possible to ask a question in the gaming community and not be met with A) passive aggressiveness B) outright aggression or C) cant really tell between the two because the grammar is horrific
   Zachski   Yes, but it involves luck
05:17   Hofstadter   christ
05:18   Hofstadter   i asked how people got on in Rust without a mic
   Hofstadter   "if you can afford a pc, if you can afford a mic"
   Hofstadter   "what kind of gamer are you if you dont have a mic"
05:19   Hofstadter   "you dont even own the game, why are you asking this dh"
   Hofstadter   on response to me saying the pc was a gift
   Hofstadter   then it was just a flurry of responses of how i shouldnt game
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6387 on: December 21, 2013, 11:31:30 am »
This may be odd, but I'm really annoyed by parents who think it's funny when their kids cry and throw a tantrum on Santa's lap. Then they post a million pictures of it on facebook. Is it really funny that your kid is screaming and whining while making the poor guy miserable? Yes, I know that folks who sign up for the Santa job generally come to expect such a thing, but parents don't need to be so stupid about it. I've seen parents force their kid to sit with Santa because they wanted a cute picture, despite the kid not wanting to.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #6388 on: December 21, 2013, 01:52:06 pm »
Little kids in supermarkets. I hate the way they run around without looking where they are going, and because they are so small. you don't see them and they sort of bounce off your legs. I just want to kick them all out of the way.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6389 on: December 21, 2013, 02:02:45 pm »
^After reading your post, I couldn't help but picture a kid in a giant pinball machine.   Ba-ding!  Ba-ding!  Ping!  Ping!