Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2075828 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6465 on: December 29, 2013, 10:41:06 pm »
Computer wont boot up.

I now have nothing to keep my entertained during the holidays
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #6466 on: December 29, 2013, 11:46:21 pm »
The good news is that there are no fans of Attack on Titan on these forums that I know of, so I'm safe to say it:

I get, like, really annoyed by anyone who uses the words 'Jaegar' anymore now because of this fandom. And the fact that an unsuccessful manga was finally picked up fans by bandwagon when its anime adaptation was featured as one of those "Summer Anime Seasons" shows. That along with Dangan Ronpa and Free!, the former the only show I've expressed interest in by only an iota. Another part of this is lurking Tumblr, because you know, it's the place that also brought Superwholock to the world.

Hell, the show itself, I have not seen a single episode of it mainly because of my disinterest, driven by its lousy art direction and animation (I've seen gifs from this show, it's choppy), and the gratuitous violence. And also, Eren, whom I especially want to punch in the jaw.

There. Finally let it all out. Any AOT fans around here, sorry. I really don't like this show and I'm just relieved to vent it all out.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6467 on: December 29, 2013, 11:55:12 pm »
My compy isnt working
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6468 on: December 30, 2013, 12:03:38 am »
Nope. My dad even spelled out how many times I'd be able to show up uninvited (once) before he'd shoot me for trespassing. (Guess whose side they took?) I don't want to go to my brother because he's got his own shit, and I don't really have any friends close enough (geographically and emotionally) to stay with them. If I believed in the type of deity(s) who gave signs and signals in the form of life events, I'd take this as a sign to get the hell out of Dodge and stay away for a good long while. Right now, any money that's not going into my gas tank is going towards a plane ticket to anywhere else.

I may be in for a precarious financial situation myself next year and my overall living situation after August is unknown, but I can provide you with a couch to sleep on in my apartment if you need it next spring and can make it to western South Dakota by then.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6469 on: December 30, 2013, 12:06:45 am »
The good news is that there are no fans of Attack on Titan on these forums that I know of, so I'm safe to say it:

And here I was, about to change my Shizuku avatar for Mikasa.

(No, not really. I don't even watch the anime, though I like the manga well enough)
Σא

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6470 on: December 30, 2013, 03:58:18 am »
Update/clarification: I was charged with misdemeanor theft by the manager's Friend on the Force (who seemed to be a Brennan-level shitlord from the ten minutes or so I talked to him), the manager has great fuck all for evidence (that I saw, anyway), the legal battle happens in February, and I'm out on my ass if I can't find a new job in three months/whenever it gets warm depending on which happens first. Considering most places are dumping their seasonal workers I'm looking at the very real possibility of spending some chilly spring nights on a park bench/fire escape/dark corner/wherever I feel safest. Yes, yes, there are shelters, but the ones I've heard about are NOT good places for a trans* person to turn his/her/xir back.

Yo, I'm only saying this because I'm drunk, but listen,

First, from your story, I feel there is more than what you're saying. Obviously, I can't prove anything one way or the other, but from my experience with police and prosecutors, prosecutors won't bring a charge unless they have something. Police will bully you around so they can get a boner, but prosecutors are more tactical in the charges they bring. Prosecutors are more likely to get promoted and paid based off of conviction performance, so it's unlikely they'd waste their time on such an a clear cut case on the facts you presented ("clear and cut" in your favor). Maybe you live in the one area where prosecutors will, but IDK where you live.

What I'm really trying to say is two things. First, no matter what happened at your job, get a lawyer and tell him or her everything. If you did steal, which again IDK, tell him or her so. Your lawyer can't defend you if they don't know the actual facts. If you lie about ANYTHING, camera will quickly tell your lawyer otherwise and hurt his or her case. Second, don't talk to the police. You could be innocent as a sheep, but the minute you tell the cops "I don't like my boss, fuck him, he's a dick" they've established motive and your fucked. The only person you should talk to is your lawyer, and that fairy with white wings on your right shoulder.

The thing about American law is it's confrontational. You present the events as you see them, and the state (in this instance) will present the facts as it see them. The court will accept parts of both stories it finds most believable. So, of course, I'm viewing your statements with skepticism to prepare you for the treatment a prosecutor (and a court) will give you.

In closing, the best things you can do are: (1) GET A LAWYER* and (2) DON'T talk to the police, AT ALL!!!!

*This should go without saying, but if you don't get a lawyer, the minute you get to court, you'll find yourself bringing a knife to a gunfight. As much as lawyers are shit on by society (in re "first thing we do is kill all the lawyers"), lawyers provide a vital service for society, like protecting you in this instance. If you go to court without a lawyer, the prosecutor will surely know what buzzwords to drop to portray you as a thief while you are arguing the wrong points. Trust me, GET A LAWYER!!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 04:00:13 am by QueenofHearts »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6471 on: December 30, 2013, 04:34:02 am »
The person who chooses to represent himself in court has a fool for a client.
It's an old, cliched saying, but true.

Lawyer up, buckaroo.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6472 on: December 30, 2013, 12:50:45 pm »
Call your local bar association for referrals to pro bono advisors or legal help per se. Court appointed public defenders usually don't get your case file until the last minute, and already have heavy case loads.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6473 on: December 30, 2013, 01:18:39 pm »

I get, like, really annoyed by anyone who uses the words 'Jaegar' anymore now because of this fandom.

It amuses me in the fact that Jaeger isn't even specific to the show because for me Jaeger is what punches giant aliens in the face.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #6474 on: December 30, 2013, 01:32:16 pm »

I get, like, really annoyed by anyone who uses the words 'Jaegar' anymore now because of this fandom.

It amuses me in the fact that Jaeger isn't even specific to the show because for me Jaeger is what punches giant aliens in the face.

Guess what I just watched last night?
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6475 on: December 30, 2013, 02:05:41 pm »
'Nother update: I talked to my brother. He said I need to get a job before February because if I'm convicted and therefore forced to report "stole from previous employer" on my application, I won't be able to get a job at a whorehouse (his words, not mine). He also said he knows a guy who knows a guy that might be able to take my case pro bono, so that's good news.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6476 on: December 30, 2013, 04:05:25 pm »
You did see that massive wall of great legal advice from our local Queenofheartsandgreatasswhohasmyheadallupinit right?

Ironbite-take that, not your stupid brother's.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6477 on: December 30, 2013, 04:13:16 pm »

To me Jaeger sounds like something I would drink. 

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6478 on: December 30, 2013, 06:12:57 pm »
You can...
Well, jaegermeister anyways.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6479 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:41 pm »
I know, I was kinda making a little joke with the play on the word Jaeger, which Jaegermeister is shortened to a lot... and failing.

Some days I've got the gift of glib... others... *sighs*