Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076031 times)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8970 on: August 29, 2015, 12:45:02 am »
When headphones get fritzed and only work when held in a specific position (which always keeps CHANGING)

I have the same complaint, but with the power cord for my laptop.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8971 on: August 29, 2015, 05:29:44 am »
I'm just about done with this forum entirely. You can blame UP and Fred for that. I'm still considering it.

*Grabs onto Cerim's leg*

Nononono don't go! I'd hate to lose more of the forum members I like having around. At least friend me on Steam, pwease. (Name's the same as it is here, "MadCatTLX")

Well, there's one of my annoyances to contribute to the thread, the shrinking of the forum's population, with many I would consider friends being the one's to leave. Not as annoying as it is saddening I guess.

On a lighter note, I come back after not checking the forum for a couple weeks and my avatar is gone. I'm like, "Not a big deal, I'll reupload it from my picture folder and... Fuck, I don't see a copy around." I had managed to get a low res copy from the forum avatar gallery, and did a image search using that to pull up the nice big copy.

When headphones get fritzed and only work when held in a specific position (which always keeps CHANGING)

Sonofabitch! Nice to know I'm not alone in getting that problem. Not sure if it's better or worse than having one side go out and the other side be fine.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #8972 on: August 29, 2015, 03:17:02 pm »
And sometimes, one ear works just fine, whereas the other depends on the cord being positioned just so.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8973 on: August 29, 2015, 07:08:10 pm »
Why does Figging exist?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8974 on: August 29, 2015, 07:16:21 pm »
I don't know if I want to know....
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8975 on: August 29, 2015, 07:42:19 pm »
I went thru all the introduction threads for my online German class.  I can relate to literally none of my classmates.  They're all either high schoolers, retirees, or liberal arts majors (read, imminent failures).

Now that I think about it, I've been able to relate to almost NO ONE during my entire community college experience.  They've all been either dumbass kids, "married with children" types, or liberal arts majors (read, idiots).  I have yet to find a single fellow STEM major, much less a comp-sci major.  Hopefully, university will change this.  I need actual fucking peers to whom I can communicate on a functional level.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:45:42 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8976 on: August 31, 2015, 01:48:49 am »
liberal arts majors (read, imminent failures).

Bite me, I have liberal arts degrees.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get to sleep so I can be ready to go to my part-time, minimum-wage job in the morning...

Fuck.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Even Then

« Reply #8977 on: August 31, 2015, 01:54:04 am »
The fact that Heterosexual Awareness Month is a thing that exists in the same dimension as me.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8978 on: August 31, 2015, 08:06:10 am »
The fact that Heterosexual Awareness Month is a thing that exists in the same dimension as me.

Agreed.  Heterophobia is a thing, but there's no institutional discrimination against men.  Not even the common claims about Affirmative Action apply here.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8979 on: September 03, 2015, 07:12:26 pm »
You know, adding a spoiler warning after you spoil something defeats the purpose of a spoiler warning.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8980 on: September 04, 2015, 08:04:04 pm »
I saw a production of Exiles, and one of the actors had an absolutely terrible Irish accent.  Really, it sounded more Afrikaans than anything.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #8981 on: September 04, 2015, 08:42:23 pm »
I saw a production of Exiles, and one of the actors had an absolutely terrible Irish accent.  Really, it sounded more Afrikaans than anything.
....how do you make Irish sound like Afrikaans? I.. really want to know now.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #8982 on: September 06, 2015, 03:59:37 pm »
I have a procrastination problem, and I'm getting sick of being bounced around doing filing work, rather than computer work at my volunteer position at a local hospital, because I'm trying to use it as a stepping stone to getting out of retail.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #8983 on: September 07, 2015, 07:00:42 pm »
....how do you make Irish sound like Afrikaans? I.. really want to know now.

That reminds me of an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? where the girl is supposed to be a new student from France who is assigned a haunted locker, but the actress portraying her can't keep a consistent and solid French accent.

Link to episode: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGAXZDpGYs

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #8984 on: September 07, 2015, 08:04:16 pm »
My one cousin has been posting right wing bs on FB, I would LOVE to call him out on it. Especially since he doesn't have a leg to stand on, given that he is given a lot by his parents, but I have to let it go, because I don't want to cause a riff within the family again. Long story short I called out some family members a few years ago, and there was a big blow up online, and my mom blamed me for them not calling her to wish her Happy Birthday. Things have since been patched up, but my mom made me feel like shit over it. I really hate my family...