Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 430738 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1065 on: May 09, 2017, 07:42:38 pm »
No instead it was because of how he treated Clinton during the run up to the election.

Ironbite-I'm flabbergasted by the balls on this man.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1066 on: May 09, 2017, 07:47:20 pm »
No instead it was because of how he treated Clinton during the run up to the election.

Ironbite-I'm flabbergasted by the balls on this man.

Well, he did assure us that there was nothing wrong down there.

But anyway, this whole thing screams, "There's no smoke! And it's not from a fire! That I didn't set!"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 08:41:50 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1067 on: May 10, 2017, 12:31:38 am »
...this man just cannot do dictatorship, nor can he conspire very effectively.

Its like someone took the Nazis, excised the few competent people, and replaced them with utter idiocy and immediately obvious evil. They are trying to make rape a pre-existing condition to deny someone health care! They fired someone as soon as they got the inkling that this person had something on Trump!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1068 on: May 10, 2017, 12:41:55 am »
...this man just cannot do dictatorship, nor can he conspire very effectively.

Its like someone took the Nazis, excised the few competent people, and replaced them with utter idiocy and immediately obvious evil. They are trying to make rape a pre-existing condition to deny someone health care! They fired someone as soon as they got the inkling that this person had something on Trump!

Not to deny, teeechnically. Just to price you out so you cannot afford it. The people who support this shit will jump all over you for saying that they can deny you. You need to be more precise, or they'll prove you "wrong" and you'll lose support from the undecideds. We need to be as accurate as possible here, cause this shit is fucking important.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1069 on: May 10, 2017, 12:53:14 am »
...True. Nowadays accuracy is important, all the more because one party has decided they don't care about facts.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1070 on: May 10, 2017, 01:04:51 am »
https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/status/862138080815394820

Get your popcorn (and pitchforks and torches) ready, seems like somethings about to happen.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1071 on: May 10, 2017, 01:20:38 am »
One more comment on that. Reminder that 45 is modifying Schumer's name w/ "cryin'" b/c he became emotional when discussing family who perished....in the holocaust.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1072 on: May 10, 2017, 02:51:39 am »
Well, of course - Donald was rooting for the guys with skulls on their hats!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1073 on: May 11, 2017, 11:02:44 am »
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/they-tricked-us-white-house-furious-russia-posted-trump-photos-on-official-government-accounts/

Russians lied to Trump? Say it ain't so!

Also, considering all the shady stuff related to this guy and the meeting... This is still among the least embarrassing things that could have happened.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1074 on: May 11, 2017, 08:40:06 pm »
https://youtu.be/XhebmG148Zo?t=10s

Jimmy Carter on the rise of Trump and authoritarianism in the US. (Carter's answer goes until 3:38.)

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssVlqpX9x8

100 days of Trump, 100 failures of Trump.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:54:40 am by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1075 on: May 14, 2017, 07:36:35 am »
Read a vox article on Trump that might just be the scariest thinkpiece on Trump, I've seen. It has a really simple premise.

Trump is exactly as he appears: a hopeless narcissist with the attention span of a fruit fly, unable to maintain consistent beliefs or commitments from moment to moment, acting on base instinct, entirely situationally, to bolster his terrifyingly fragile ego...

That’s who he is: a disregulated bundle of impulses, being manipulated by a cast of crooks and incompetents.

Trump isn't Hitler, or a Stalin, or a Tricky Dick or a Mad King George for that matter because those guys had beliefs and plans. He certainly isn't a Machiavellian Littlefinger type character.

Trump is an id, a screaming reptile brain with the nuclear codes. He's a big kid who's never been told "no" with the most powerful nation state on the planet at his beck and call.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1076 on: May 14, 2017, 09:31:32 am »
Read a vox article on Trump that might just be the scariest thinkpiece on Trump, I've seen. It has a really simple premise.

Trump is exactly as he appears: a hopeless narcissist with the attention span of a fruit fly, unable to maintain consistent beliefs or commitments from moment to moment, acting on base instinct, entirely situationally, to bolster his terrifyingly fragile ego...

That’s who he is: a disregulated bundle of impulses, being manipulated by a cast of crooks and incompetents.

Trump isn't Hitler, or a Stalin, or a Tricky Dick or a Mad King George for that matter because those guys had beliefs and plans. He certainly isn't a Machiavellian Littlefinger type character.

Trump is an id, a screaming reptile brain with the nuclear codes. He's a big kid who's never been told "no" with the most powerful nation state on the planet at his beck and call.

This describes pretty well why I haven't been as convinced as most seem to be that Comey's firing was a clumsy and panicked attempt to covering Trump's ties to Russia. Don't get me wrong, it still is a good possibility, but Trump with his insecurities and stupidity is so much of a wild card that it is very much conceivable that it was just a short sighted temper tantrum even if there was a reason for him to be worried about the investigation.

(IMO it seems obvious that he has conflicts of interest but how direct the influence of these conflicts is and if the Russians have any serious leverage on him is still unknown. In a sane world this would be enough to force him to be more open about his business ties.)

*Grabs some more popcorn and leans back*

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1079 on: May 15, 2017, 10:40:23 pm »
NATO is trying to Trump proof their meetings so Donald won't get bored by treating him like a small child.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/05/15/theyre-preparing-to-deal-with-a-child-nato-frantically-tries-to-trump-proof-summit.html