Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551132 times)

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1425 on: September 20, 2013, 04:58:40 pm »
Soft grunge is what you get when a bunch of hipsters pretend to be badass by posting pictures of scraped knees and their expensive "alternative" clothing.
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've heard of.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1426 on: September 20, 2013, 05:00:31 pm »
Soft grunge is what you get when a bunch of hipsters pretend to be badass by posting pictures of scraped knees and their expensive "alternative" clothing.
That has to be one of the stupidest things I've heard of.
Its hipsters; once you think that they can be no more stupid, you are quickly and decisively proven wrong.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

wrightway

« Reply #1427 on: September 20, 2013, 09:25:26 pm »

Putting this here because she has several posts saying that the patriarchy is trying to keep her down.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #1428 on: September 20, 2013, 09:46:30 pm »
Damn it all, they've invaded the Legend of Korra fandom now:

Can we please not describe Bumi with words like ‘crazy’, ‘insane, ‘psycho’, etc. [or for any of the other characters for that matter].

Here are some non-ableist replacement words to use for Bumi: eccentric, erratic, random, odd, goofy, silly, quirky, bizarre, capricious, unreserved, impulsive… Look through a dictionary or thesaurus for more.

please & thank (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1429 on: September 20, 2013, 09:48:54 pm »

Putting this here because she has several posts saying that the patriarchy is trying to keep her down.

Yeah, damn that patriarchy, they just hate strong women who need their husbands to shield them from any and all criticism.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1430 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:26 pm »
That's not hitting body language, or a violent stance Ramsey has.  That's more his "Trying to get something through your thick skull" look.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:58:41 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #1431 on: September 20, 2013, 10:08:13 pm »
Is that guy that looks fast asleep her husband?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1432 on: September 20, 2013, 10:13:00 pm »
Now, a lesson on how to SJW:

Hey, it just occurred to me that I'm more of a POC than Redd. How so? I actually have a family member of African descent... my African Grey Parrot. That counts right? I mean that's more than Redd has last I checked. This means I can tell Redd to fuck off and automatically be right by her logic, right?

You couldn't be more wrong even if you wanted to. The "man" at the end of "woman" stands for human. Woman litteraly translates to "female human.' By taking out the “man” part, you’re taking out the part that makes women human. Way to go dumbass.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=woman

Didn't "man" in reference to male humans originally have a prefix which was dropped because people were lazy?

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

wrightway

« Reply #1433 on: September 20, 2013, 10:15:36 pm »
Is that guy that looks fast asleep her husband?

Yes. They're being investigated because it's now believed their business may be a front for money laundering. Considering he's been convicted of it in other countries, not a real stretch.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1434 on: September 20, 2013, 10:35:09 pm »
Or, if you're me, you just use Tumblr Savior to block fandoms and hipsters:

I literally only downloaded it to block Doctor Who, Sherlock and Supernatural posts, but added a couple more as time went on.

When I got Tumblr Savoir, I was disappointed to discover it only blocks posts on your dashboard instead of blocks post everywhere on Tumblr. That would be really nice if you are a lurker (like me) and if you had an account you could safely travel other people's blogs without having to see shit you don't like or just don't care for, yet the following is atrocious.

Oh, and the only thing I have blacklisted is "FerrisWheelShipping".

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1435 on: September 20, 2013, 11:29:48 pm »

I swear we already had a Amy's Baking Co. thing.

She even has(had?) a tumblr. Tho we're still not sure if it was her or a very good actor.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1436 on: September 20, 2013, 11:43:02 pm »
Now, a lesson on how to SJW:

Hey, it just occurred to me that I'm more of a POC than Redd. How so? I actually have a family member of African descent... my African Grey Parrot. That counts right? I mean that's more than Redd has last I checked. This means I can tell Redd to fuck off and automatically be right by her logic, right?

You couldn't be more wrong even if you wanted to. The "man" at the end of "woman" stands for human. Woman litteraly translates to "female human.' By taking out the “man” part, you’re taking out the part that makes women human. Way to go dumbass.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=woman

Didn't "man" in reference to male humans originally have a prefix which was dropped because people were lazy?

Yes. If I remember correctly it's "werman." It's were the term "werewolf" comes from.

Also, the husband admitted to stealing the wait staff's tips to Ramsey.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1437 on: September 21, 2013, 12:13:03 am »
Werman or Wereman?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1438 on: September 21, 2013, 01:07:20 am »
"Wereman" is the typical English version, but there were other variants ("wer", "wehr", "verr" etc.) in related languages, and since standardized spellings are relatively recent, I'm certain that "wereman" wasn't the only English spelling.

If I recall correctly, "woman" evolved as wifman -> wimman -> woman.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1439 on: September 21, 2013, 01:25:50 am »
It's most likely the latter.