Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549125 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #1950 on: November 21, 2013, 02:09:09 am »
I have to be very careful about music with my system because specific songs tend to trigger specific alters. So we don’t listen to as much music as we’d like to.

If these people are serious, then they must lead very sad lives.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1951 on: November 21, 2013, 06:11:33 am »
I love Poe's law. So, so much.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1952 on: November 21, 2013, 10:23:43 pm »
Kinda bugs me, to be honest.  If only it were as simple as it is in code, just look for a specific flag, and if its set, then its a poe, otherwise its serious.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #1953 on: November 22, 2013, 04:06:45 pm »

I'm guessing this person literally lives on Tumblr.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1954 on: November 22, 2013, 05:51:48 pm »
Tumblr is worse then livejournal when it comes to these idiots.

Ironbite-can't believe I've lived through two of these social media movements.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1955 on: November 23, 2013, 09:37:06 am »
Race is a social construction with blurry boundaries. Who is to say where white ends and black begins?. Even though I was forcibly assigned “white” as a child, I knew from BET and The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and my love of fried chicken that my true self was black. Is it ok for me to put on blackface and go to NAACP meetings and steer the discourse to issues concerning ME? They are only cis-black while my trans-black identity adds a whole new degree of oppression.

another transethnic quack. I am just keeping myself from laughing out loud at the fried chicken part. Mostly sure its a POE.

Internalized racist POC don't know what's best for them! I have a sociology degree, so fucking listen to me!

So I’ve been seeing replies written by POC to posts about cultural appropriation saying they “aren’t offended” or “don’t care.” These people are probably just crackers in clever grease paint blackface disguises, but on the off chance they are actual persyns of color, then obviously they’re just full of internalized racism. THESE FUCKING CRACKERS ARE STEALING YOUR CULTURE! IT’S EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE GENOCIDE THEY PERPETUATED ON YOUR ANCESTORS AND CONTINUE TO PERPETUATE TODAY! As a transethnic North Korean who has checked my white privilege, I understand the cracker mind and its need to steal from persyn’s of color. Yet you fucking race traitors just sit back and watch it happen! I can’t comprehend this shit! Don’t worry my beautiful ebony children, my sociology degree allows me to perfectly identify and eliminate white privilege, so just make sure you get offended if I tell you to be offended by something. Kay thanks <3

Well, at least she has the "deranged dictator demanding people feel how she feels" down.

Anita Shitcuntsian made a new video

Let me save everyone a lot of time by summarizing this shit.

>Pac-Man’s creator is a sexist because of making a joke about women and eating

>Japan is sexist for associating women with eating

>Ms. Pac-Man had a child out of wedlock

>Bows are the worst thing ever created

Also, the following character designs are AUTOMATICALLY SEXIST.

>she seriously argued that Paula from Earthbound is a fucking Smurfette

>did she even play Earthbound?

>Mass Effect 3 was bad simply because FemShep wasn’t in more promotional material

>all video games with a female version of a male character are better

You heard it hear, folks, an entire country is sexist, and you automatically become scum for a joke. If she saw Colbert's show and how widely he's liked, she'd probably suffer spontaneous rage explosion.

http://death-2-whitecismanapes.tumblr.com/post/47597568725/my-hero-3-smash-the-patriarchal-beauty

There is such a thing as fat but healthy, and body positivity. Its when you look like THIS that you should re-examine your priorities.

Can you poop out your headmates? Please, this is URGENT. I recently took a really big poo and afterwards I can’t detect my headmate anymore. More information BELOW:

OK, I had major poopfeels and rushed into the bathroom and plopped my slightly chubby rump upon the toilet seat. I strained for a minute, producing some pain, until it all rushed out. I took a massive, colon-cleansing shit. My body shuddered, as first some hardened, gnarled blocks pooped out, then some softened stool spilled forth, and then I produced a flood of blockaded liquid shit. I rocked from side to side upon the seat, moaning, feeling like my WHOLE BODY passed through my bum.

When I was done, I stood up weakly, and before beginning the process of wiping myself (it was very long btw) I noticed that my favorite headmate was missing, and I had panicked feels. I ordered my other headmates, a tri-horned Derpy and a timey-wimey Fox McCloud, to search my skull, but they couldn’t find him. Could he have taken physical form and passed out of my body with my bowel movement?

He always liked to play with poo. If you can get in contact with my mustard-blood Karkat, please, tell him to come back to me. I live in Oakland, California if you or your headmates can communicate with him in the sewer system.

I think this one was posted before, but it was too hilarious to leave out.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1956 on: November 23, 2013, 12:16:54 pm »
Yeah, that last one's a Poe. And a rather brilliant one.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1957 on: November 23, 2013, 12:54:31 pm »
Other than the Pacman one, I can guarantee that all of those are Poes.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1958 on: November 23, 2013, 01:51:46 pm »
Anita Shitcuntsian made a new video

Let me save everyone a lot of time by summarizing this shit.

>Pac-Man’s creator is a sexist because of making a joke about women and eating

>Japan is sexist for associating women with eating

>Ms. Pac-Man had a child out of wedlock

>Bows are the worst thing ever created

Also, the following character designs are AUTOMATICALLY SEXIST.

>she seriously argued that Paula from Earthbound is a fucking Smurfette

>did she even play Earthbound?

>Mass Effect 3 was bad simply because FemShep wasn’t in more promotional material

>all video games with a female version of a male character are better

You heard it hear, folks, an entire country is sexist, and you automatically become scum for a joke. If she saw Colbert's show and how widely he's liked, she'd probably suffer spontaneous rage explosion.

Um, no. The creator of Pacman made a comment with some weird stereotypes about women so she pointed that out. Never said fuck all about Japan being sexist as a whole or whatever.

As for the bow thing, she made a point of explicitly saying there's nothing wrong with bows per se (around the 9 minute mark), and what she was criticizing was the trope where they are used as a way to signify a character is female while male characters require no special identifiers, because they are assumed to be the default.

Sometimes I wonder if we could harness the blind rage directed at Sarkeesian as a power source and solve the energy crisis.
Σא

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1959 on: November 23, 2013, 02:28:01 pm »
Sometimes I wonder if we could harness the blind rage directed at Sarkeesian as a power source and solve the energy crisis.

What makes you think you'd find energy in such a dim-bulb?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1960 on: November 24, 2013, 05:22:10 am »
I can think of a way. Attach a giant hamster wheel to a generator. Now, simply place a Sarkeesian dummy in front of it, put one of these idiots on said wheel and tell them that if he can reach her, he gets to punch her in the face. Repeat the same set up for however many subjects are available, and there you go. Limitless power, for as long as you can keep them alive.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #1961 on: November 24, 2013, 09:43:48 pm »
Anonymous asked: Jenn, I'm clueless about natural multiplicity and when I google it, only your blog comes up. Is it sort of like possession? Do you ever feel like your body has been invaded by these others? Did these other people/entities have bodies of their own before? Are they dead people?! Are you sure?! I would be scared to have other people in my body with me.

Jenn here. I will make a post with some links to resources regarding natural multiplicity. It occasionally feels like “my” body is invaded by others but usually feels as though  am sharing a body unless the others are sleeping or dormant. They aren’t dead. They are very much alive. I believe in reincarnation so I believe they have all had previous bodies. Your last sentence sounds like multiphobia.

Just another day on Tumblr.com.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1962 on: November 25, 2013, 12:05:15 am »
Has any actual expert conducted any kind of research on the supposed phenomenon of "multiplicity"? Has any real scientist ever even said anything about or acknowledged the supposed phenomenon? I'm surprised no one's done any research or even comments but Morgellans gets a whole research organization at my college's main campus.

Of course there aren't multiple souls in these people, especially not the souls of fictional characters created less than three years ago. What I want to know is if there's any legitimate mental illness or if these twits are just trying to get attention. I'm gonna say there's a good chance it's the latter, but I would want to see the research in to what causes such a relatively large "group hysteria" effect. What causes so many to, at least seemingly, seriously believe they have fictional characters in their heads.

Also, "headmate" seems to be a brand of toilet.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1963 on: November 25, 2013, 01:03:36 am »
Has any actual expert conducted any kind of research on the supposed phenomenon of "multiplicity"? Has any real scientist ever even said anything about or acknowledged the supposed phenomenon? I'm surprised no one's done any research or even comments but Morgellans gets a whole research organization at my college's main campus.

Of course there aren't multiple souls in these people, especially not the souls of fictional characters created less than three years ago. What I want to know is if there's any legitimate mental illness or if these twits are just trying to get attention. I'm gonna say there's a good chance it's the latter, but I would want to see the research in to what causes such a relatively large "group hysteria" effect. What causes so many to, at least seemingly, seriously believe they have fictional characters in their heads.

Also, "headmate" seems to be a brand of toilet.

I don't think any scientific studies have been done on "headmates" or "multiple systems" as Tumblr calls it, but there IS a lot of study on actual Dissociative Identity Disorder, or "split personalities". It's extremely rare (usually diagnosed as 1% to 5% of the population), and many psychologists argue about whether or not it even exists as a specific mental illness, to say nothing of disagreements on the specifics of the disorder.

Considering the rarity of the disorder in comparison to the sheer amount of Tumblr folks who appear to have some form of it, I'm willing to bet that a lot of the Tumblr weirdos are simply fooling themselves through a sort of placebo effect: they believe that they have these "headmates", so they create personalities and thoughts and attribute them to the alternate personalities/spirits in their head/fictional characters/bullshit rather than their own brain stupidly running headfirst into a wall over and over.

Same with otherkin: they believe that they have the soul of a swan or wolf or tiger or something (conveniently almost always a "cool" or "beautiful" animal) and their brains fool themselves into having "phantom tails" that people can somehow step on or cause them to "shift" into animal behavior when it's really just their brain tricking itself and the person going along with it because they want to believe that it's true. Ever notice how they only notice someone "stepping on their phantom tail" when they can witness the person standing or sitting where they think that their tail should be?

Another good sign that it's all just a placebo effect (rather than legitimate mental illness) is that it's very easy to become a "former otherkin" or drop the idea of being a multiple system. Legitimate mental illness can't simply be "cured" and often requires continuous medication to mitigate the problem and allow the person to sustain themselves in daily life. But former otherkin/multiples tend to simply realize that the idea is dumb and forget about it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #1964 on: November 25, 2013, 02:17:41 pm »
When I was a young teen 20-some-odd years ago, I admit to entertaining the idea that I was really a dragon stuck in a human body or something.  But back then, there was no online community for that sort of thing, so I had no name for it.  But I do know that it was pretty much just me trying to convince myself I was inherently more special or more important than my peers.  I don't remember ever honestly believing it, and it was something I eventually grew out of.

With the advent of online communities for this sort of thing, though, these sorts of beliefs are getting reinforced and enabled, which is making people much more protective of them.  The community acceptance probably also makes it more difficult for people to grow out of it like I did, out of fear of being rejected.

One person who says they hear voices is a nutcase.  A group of people telling each other they hear voices is a religion.