Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550629 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2625 on: February 12, 2014, 01:46:58 pm »
Latine loqui tibi?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2626 on: February 12, 2014, 01:52:22 pm »
So, Wil Wheaton made the awful mistake of declaring someone his spirit animal.  SJWs take it upon themselves to call him out, and he explains himself.  Another SJW, pissy that Wil didn't just say 'sorry, won't do it again' responds to his reply, invoking "whitesplaining" and "tone policing".  Wil responds in a less than pleasant manner, and starts a SJW shitstorm.  All over the words 'spirit animal'.

Also, reading through notes of multiple posts about this incident, it strikes me as funny that SJWs bitch about "cis white allies who act like they have an equal voice to minorities", yet have no problems white-knighting for a cause or group that's not their own.  Bonus points if they ignore or argue with members of said cause/group.
I like how they suggest daemon as an alternative, not realizing that word is appropriated from the ancient Babalonians (I think).

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2627 on: February 12, 2014, 02:05:59 pm »
Silly John, they're Europeans, and you can't appropriate from "white" cultures.  At least, that's what their non-argument would be.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2628 on: February 12, 2014, 02:14:53 pm »
Funny that the alternatives they offer all stuff like patronus and other fictional concepts. I also loved that one reply Wheaton got where the person explains just how stupid this backlash against Wheatons use of "spirit animal" is and how the complainers had completely disregarded all european shamanistic tradition (so they basically were quilty of the crime they accused Wheaton of.)

Also I am reminded of one thing: Patron saints. You find all kinds of crazy-awesome people amongst them. Even though I'm not catholic I'm tempted to go pick a patron saint for myself. BUT I GUESS ONLY WHITE PEPPLE CAN USE THAT TERM!!!!2 I mean it's not like there would be any non-white catholics or orthodox people. Check your privileges PoC.

I recommend St Moses the Black.  I mean just look at this badass motherfucker:

Spoilered for size
(click to show/hide)

Cool. If I were to pick a Saint it would probably be someone like Ferdinand since he is the protector of engineers. Or if were looking for saints with cool names you can't go wrong with Saint Homobonus, the patron Saint of businessmen and clothworkers.

(HIS NAME IS LATING FOR GOOD MAN. HOMO = MAN, BONUS = GOOD. SO STOP GIGGLING.)

And now that I actually checked a list of saints I am saddened to see that some are clearly overworked. I mean some saints have just one profession that they watch over (skaters for example) but poor Saint George protects: agricultural workers, archers, armourers, boy scouts, butchers, cavalry, Crusaders, equestrians, farmhands, farmers, field hands, field workers, horsemen, husbandry, husbandmen, knights, riders, Rover Scouts, saddle makers, saddlers, scouts, shepherds, soldiers, Teutonic Knights (policemen and firefighters in Brazil). That is a lot of work for one saint.

Oh, wait... SOME OF THOSE ARE REDUNDANT-Mr Torgue
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2629 on: February 12, 2014, 04:15:30 pm »

"Fatphobia hurts just as much as racism, if not more."

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #2630 on: February 12, 2014, 04:20:48 pm »

"Fatphobia hurts just as much as racism, if not more."

"We at least have moved on somewhat with racism."

I think that speaks for itself rather well, really.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2631 on: February 12, 2014, 07:01:50 pm »
After reading that, I'm left with the impression that she doesn't know what "the scientific method" even means.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2632 on: February 12, 2014, 07:05:38 pm »
Apparently the scientific method is evil because it's "capitalist" and favors white men.

Sorry, brain broke. Come back for a witty reply later. In the meantime, please imagine a continuous stream of profanity, because that's about the perfect description of my current mental state.
Σא

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2634 on: February 12, 2014, 08:16:35 pm »
Although feminism has moved far beyond the Marxist Feminist Critiques of society, I am not able to neither reconcile nor compartmentalize these ideas as independent of each other.

There. I let her picture eyeroll at her own "sentence". Double negatives galore. WTFDYM?
Also, you are a triggering counterculture thief! Stop appropriating hippie flower head bands! You're not a real hippie, you never lived back in hippie days. You have no respect for your ancestors! /SJW
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2636 on: February 12, 2014, 11:25:19 pm »
Perfect gif is perfect. 9001+ internets to you good sir. *fedora tip*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

wrightway

« Reply #2637 on: February 13, 2014, 12:43:18 am »
Apparently bisexuals aren't even human now. We're its.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2638 on: February 13, 2014, 12:54:07 am »
Apparently the scientific method is evil because it's "capitalist" and favors white men.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.  Hey, you guys remember that Simpsons episode where the school is divided between boys and girls?  Y'know, the one where the girls' math class becomes so absurdly touchy-feely that Lisa fakes being a boy because she actually wants to learn useful stuff?  This woman's ideas are pretty much that plotline, except for the "separate boys and girls" part - which incidentally would prevent Lisa from escaping the hippie crap to learn unless she joined some kind of underground "We want to fucking learn!" group.

How the fuck does someone take an idea so absurd that it's played as a joke and talk about it seriously?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:58:04 am by Captain Jack Harkness »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2639 on: February 13, 2014, 12:54:55 am »
Apparently bisexuals aren't even human now. We're its.

Are the posts from radscums?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.