Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550297 times)

shykid

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2715 on: February 20, 2014, 01:27:28 am »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #2716 on: February 20, 2014, 01:31:03 am »
Umm, men of color are more likely to be sent to prison because of unequal treatment in the criminal justice system. Where'd that person get "heterosexual white men" from? And that's not including trans women who get sent to male prison. Epic intersectionality fail.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2717 on: February 20, 2014, 07:59:41 am »
Well, when your particular clique (speaking solely of SJWs, not reasonable SJAs...yes, there is a distinction) takes the Eric Cartman route to dealing with oppression, then these things are, unfortunately, to be expected.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2718 on: February 21, 2014, 02:20:11 pm »
Umm, men of color are more likely to be sent to prison because of unequal treatment in the criminal justice system. Where'd that person get "heterosexual white men" from? And that's not including trans women who get sent to male prison. Epic intersectionality fail.

Because in the event white guys ARE sent to jail, they will find themselves vastly outnumbered by minorities. Which obviously will make white guys feel the same as minorities do outside prison. Or some shit. It isn't like there's a reason to be nervous in general in prison, since no one there is at all likely to be dangerous in any way.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2719 on: February 21, 2014, 09:36:15 pm »
Today my academic advisor told me I “can’t expect anyone to listen to me if I didn’t do the reading”

THE READING.

OH NO I NEED TO READ THE WHITE MAN’S WORDS OR ELSE NOTHING I SAY MEANS ANYTHING! I SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO THINK MY THOUGHTS ARE VALID BECAUSE A WOCS THOUGHTS DONT MEAN SHIT WHEN A WHITE MAN “WROTE A BOOK”

Fucking college.

I don’t know why academic has this reputation of being so concerned with justice. Academia is NOT concerned with justice or activism. They silence WOC like myself pretty much every day just because we have opinions that don’t “relate” to the text.

Fuck the text. I don’t need to read the text to get an A. And fuck it, I don’t even care about grades. I don’t even want a degree anymore. I just want to be heard.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2720 on: February 21, 2014, 10:28:58 pm »

Because in the event white guys ARE sent to jail, they will find themselves vastly outnumbered by minorities. Which obviously will make white guys feel the same as minorities do outside prison. Or some shit. It isn't like there's a reason to be nervous in general in prison, since no one there is at all likely to be dangerous in any way.

Eh, depends on where you're sent.  If you go to a prison that forms gangs/has gang members in it, you're probably going to have a pretty shitty time, regardless of race.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2721 on: February 22, 2014, 12:29:56 am »
Today my academic advisor told me I “can’t expect anyone to listen to me if I didn’t do the reading”

THE READING.

OH NO I NEED TO READ THE WHITE MAN’S WORDS OR ELSE NOTHING I SAY MEANS ANYTHING! I SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO THINK MY THOUGHTS ARE VALID BECAUSE A WOCS THOUGHTS DONT MEAN SHIT WHEN A WHITE MAN “WROTE A BOOK”

Fucking college.

I don’t know why academic has this reputation of being so concerned with justice. Academia is NOT concerned with justice or activism. They silence WOC like myself pretty much every day just because we have opinions that don’t “relate” to the text.

Fuck the text. I don’t need to read the text to get an A. And fuck it, I don’t even care about grades. I don’t even want a degree anymore. I just want to be heard.

It gets even better.  NOTE:  The tumblr linked is not the OP, but someone responding to her.

• The Beast
« Reply #2722 on: February 22, 2014, 12:43:11 am »

THE READING.

Fucking college.

It gets even better.  NOTE:  The tumblr linked is not the OP, but someone responding to her.

*claps for the response given by endgaem*

Also, inb4 "internalized racism" or some other bullshit justification for why this gal thinks she doesn't have to listen to the response.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2723 on: February 22, 2014, 12:56:19 am »
Oh my ungod...

Same tumblr, on how everything is problematic

Game of Thrones

- encourages us all to hate strong women like Cersei
- mostly centers around white people
- glorifies rape and pedophilia
- misgenders Brienne of Tarth, who is genderfluid
- fetishizes gay men
- dehumanizes sex workers
- unrealistic depiction of dothraki
- fails to address atrocities of colonization (Daenerys)
- glorifies cultural appropriation (Daenerys)

I'm not sure what it even means to say that the depiction of a made-up people is unrealistic. I'm not sure I want to find out.

I'm giving even odds to Poe.
Σא

• The Beast
« Reply #2724 on: February 22, 2014, 12:59:00 am »
Uh...what the fuck are dothraki/Daenerys?  Is that something that I would only understand if I actually watched/gave two shits about the show?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2725 on: February 22, 2014, 01:01:13 am »
Uh...what the fuck are dothraki/Daenerys?  Is that something that I would only understand if I actually watched/gave two shits about the show?
Yup.  Either that, or read the books.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #2726 on: February 22, 2014, 01:05:46 am »
Spoilers, I guess:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:07:51 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2727 on: February 22, 2014, 01:29:59 am »
As far as "cultural appropriation" weirdos are concerned, it's wrong to EVER accept or use ANYTHING from another culture. They tend to treat individual cultures (predominately non-white ones, funny enough) as sacred cows, never to be touched by anyone but their rightful owners.

Considering that most of them are American, I wonder if they ever considered how different their lives would be if all aspects of foreign culture were erased from the United States.

.....nah, they didn't.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2728 on: February 22, 2014, 01:41:57 am »

THE READING.

Christ forbid you understand the subject of the tutorial. Presumably anything written by someone studied in university is so self-evidently false you don't even need to understand it to know it's wrong.

Game of Thrones

- encourages us all to hate strong women like Cersei

Or like Danaeris, or like Catelyn, or like Margaery, or like Arya, or above all Brienne!

- mostly centers around white people

That's fantasy for you.

- glorifies rape and pedophilia

Totally, utterly untrue. Did you bother to read the books?

- misgenders Brienne of Tarth, who is genderfluid

Says you!

- fetishizes gay men

Bullshit.

- dehumanizes sex workers

The opposite is true, so you were close.

- unrealistic depiction of dothraki

"Unrealistic" in what sense?

- fails to address atrocities of colonization (Daenerys)

Totally wrong. Read Dance of Dragons, please.

- glorifies cultural appropriation (Daenerys)

Bullshit!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2729 on: February 22, 2014, 01:48:30 am »
By the way, I went to the Tumblr of that chick whining about white guys writing books (angryroguescholar). Here's how she describes herself:

WOC. 20. Sociology major. Anti-racist. Feminist. Mentally ill. DFAB Genderqueer. Pansexual. Sommalier of white tears.

She sure as hell ain't anti-racist, is probably a radical feminist, and I have no clue how you can call yourself "designated-female-at-birth genderqueer" and a "woman of color" simultaneously.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.