Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549628 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #2925 on: March 09, 2014, 01:58:56 am »

Now they're just looking for stuff to be offended at.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2926 on: March 09, 2014, 05:10:40 am »
Dude, I know that area.  Giant Omelette for the win.  Free food!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2927 on: March 09, 2014, 06:37:30 am »
"muslim fans shouldnt send death threats to"CL shouldnt have disrespected the quran "but muslim fans are send--"CL shouldnt have disrespected the quran"BUT MUSLIM FANS ARE DOING SOMETHING BAD TO"and that wouldnt have happened if CL didnt disrespect the quran

Link

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2928 on: March 09, 2014, 09:22:44 am »
I have to wonder how many rants have been posted about how Snorlax blocks various routes, is one of the heaviest Pokémon, and can only be dealt with by playing flute music.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2929 on: March 09, 2014, 09:47:45 am »
"muslim fans shouldnt send death threats to"CL shouldnt have disrespected the quran "but muslim fans are send--"CL shouldnt have disrespected the quran"BUT MUSLIM FANS ARE DOING SOMETHING BAD TO"and that wouldnt have happened if CL didnt disrespect the quran
So fucking what. Oh, you got your fee-fees hurt over somebody "disrespecting" your extremely particular brand of fairy stories? Boo fucking hoo. That doesn't mean you send death threats/suggestions to commit suicide (cause I'm betting there's a fair bit of "go kill yourself" along with the "Imma kill u").
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2930 on: March 09, 2014, 08:37:30 pm »
Who the fuck is CL and why should I care?

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2931 on: March 09, 2014, 08:45:13 pm »
Who the fuck is CL and why should I care?

She's a K-pop singer who used a quran verse about heaven in one of her songs.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2932 on: March 09, 2014, 09:16:07 pm »
........HOW IS THAT MAKING FUN OF THE GOD DAMN RELIGION!?

Ironbite-*shoots Fish in the face and walks off screaming*

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2933 on: March 09, 2014, 11:01:41 pm »
Ironbite-*shoots Fish in the face and walks off screaming*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2934 on: March 10, 2014, 01:18:07 am »
Re-did Garnet without the third eye. Because cultural appropriation of Hinduism/Judaism/Buddhism religion is a shitty thing to do. Further apologies for being an ass.  Will make sure to look up what i’m drawing more thoroughly and how it affects others in the future. Have a nice night.

once again lmao that wasnt cultural appropriation and anyone who told you it is is just fucking stupid or deliberately trying to find something to complain about
including tumblr user davekat

Wow casual ableism and disrespect to people of color AND regarding cultural appropriation and comparing cultural appropriation as complaining!!! You sure are outdoing yourself today in terms of being a disrespectful, I hope you stub your foot into a wall corner.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2935 on: March 10, 2014, 02:17:28 am »
pro-tip for life: don’t try to police the way fat people respond to their being fatshamed

not in real life, not in the media, not a n y w h e r e

i don’t give a fuck if you think it’s insignificnt

it matters to me

now shoo.

Looks harmless enough, until you take into consideration what the Social Justice Warriors consider to be "policing".

Because in the West, Christian religions are often the majority and have an exclusive hegemonic influence.

Are you Muslim? If not, you have no real business critiquing their practices and beliefs. That is not your work to do.

Being harassed by a ‘bible thumper’ doesn’t give you a free pass to engage in actions that either align you or outright are Islamophobic. As a Westerner, and/or a white person, critiquing Christianity is completely different from critiquing Islam.

You are ignoring historical (read: modern) context and the imbalance of power.

What is it with the Shit Rich College Kids Say lady and pandering to the insane social justice crowd? Critiquing Christianity and Islam are the same thing, no matter what SJW Nonsense you babble out.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:24:50 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2936 on: March 10, 2014, 02:53:57 am »
As another tumblr user pointed out, tumblr's crusade against the words 'idiot' and 'stupid' is actually making things worse by forcing the association between stupidity, idiocy, and mental disability.

Also, if this is appropriation, then wouldn't one of those religions be appropriating from the others, or does it not count if it happened before modern times?  Also, has anyone started crying 'appropriation' for Evangelion using Christian symbols?

pro-tip for life: don’t try to police the way fat people respond to their being fatshamed

it matters to me

now shoo.

Looks harmless enough, until you take into consideration what the Social Justice Warriors consider to be "policing".

Because in the West, Christian religions are often the majority and have an exclusive hegemonic influence.

Are you Muslim? If not, you have no real business critiquing their practices and beliefs. That is not your work to do.

Being harassed by a ‘bible thumper’ doesn’t give you a free pass to engage in actions that either align you or outright are Islamophobic. As a Westerner, and/or a white person, critiquing Christianity is completely different from critiquing Islam.

What is it with the Shit Rich College Kids Say lady and pandering to the insane social justice crowd? Critiquing Christianity and Islam are the same thing, no matter what SJW Nonsense you babble out.

Yeah, and don't even think about criticising North Korea and its starving populace and completely over-the-top worship of its heads of state.  You don't understand the deep, sacred intricacies of the culture!  And female genital mutilation?  If you haven't had it done you can't know if it's really as bad as you say, can you?  I mean, look at all those adult women making their screaming daughters go through with it.  If it was as bad as you say, they surely would've stopped the cycle long ago!  I bet you assholes would be criticizing foot-binding if it still existed, too, you white Americentric fucks.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2937 on: March 10, 2014, 03:12:07 am »
As another tumblr user pointed out, tumblr's crusade against the words 'idiot' and 'stupid' is actually making things worse by forcing the association between stupidity, idiocy, and mental disability.

Also, if this is appropriation, then wouldn't one of those religions be appropriating from the others, or does it not count if it happened before modern times?  Also, has anyone started crying 'appropriation' for Evangelion using Christian symbols?

it matters to me

now shoo.

Yeah, and don't even think about criticising North Korea and its starving populace and completely over-the-top worship of its heads of state.  You don't understand the deep, sacred intricacies of the culture!  And female genital mutilation?  If you haven't had it done you can't know if it's really as bad as you say, can you?  I mean, look at all those adult women making their screaming daughters go through with it.  If it was as bad as you say, they surely would've stopped the cycle long ago!  I bet you assholes would be criticizing foot-binding if it still existed, too, you white Americentric fucks.
I suppose if we're talking about simpler stuff (i.e. eating dogs in Asia) then you shouldn't complain about other cultures practices, but I have a feeling that's not what she meant.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2938 on: March 10, 2014, 09:10:35 am »

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #2939 on: March 10, 2014, 09:34:06 am »
I've come to the conclusion that most SJW don't actually want change, but just want to feel speshul and insult others while claiming to have the higher moral ground.