Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550613 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3405 on: April 19, 2014, 02:07:43 pm »
W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-WHAT!?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #3406 on: April 19, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »

I miss Kefka and his I-hate-cishets thread.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3407 on: April 19, 2014, 02:20:31 pm »
W-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-w-WHAT!?

*/Shiela Broflofski*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3408 on: April 19, 2014, 02:28:38 pm »
Maybe booni-for-equality thinks that cis is an acronym for "Christian Inspired Straight" or some such numbskullery? Or, is just another troll....
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3409 on: April 19, 2014, 03:13:09 pm »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3410 on: April 19, 2014, 03:23:02 pm »
My best friend is a trans woman and I'm an atheist. Booni's argument is invalid. That or they're a fail troll.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3411 on: April 19, 2014, 03:29:47 pm »
My best friend is a trans woman and I'm an atheist. Booni's argument is invalid. That or they're a fail troll.

No, you're either not cis or lying.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3412 on: April 19, 2014, 03:50:55 pm »

No, you're either not cis or lying.
aeiou

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3413 on: April 19, 2014, 04:33:27 pm »
Either booni-for-equality is a troll or they've forgotten their are other countries outside of America.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:05:52 pm by thejebusfire »

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #3414 on: April 19, 2014, 05:53:47 pm »
Umm, the fuck did I just read?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3415 on: April 19, 2014, 08:04:09 pm »
Either booni-for-equality is a troll or they've forgotten their are other countries outside of America.

It seems to be a widespread thing among sjws that rudeness and verbal abuse are things you're obligated to take without comment if it's coming from the 'less privileged'.

Also, this comment from Reddit (pretty much the only one in the thread I liked):

Become completely divorced from the concept of systematic oppression.

Uhhh... isn't that the idea? No-one should WANT to be treated like shit by other people! It's an unfortunate failing of humanity, not a god damn identity you should be proud of :(

US society seems to have this weird obsession with suffering; the more you suffer or the harder you have it, the better you are as a person, the more righteous you are as a person, and the more morally superior you are as a person.  Suffering and hardship are things to be admired, rather than things you're supposed to overcome and move on from.  If you haven't suffered, you're character is questioned, and if you don't think you should suffer, it's some kind of moral failing on your part.

I'm reminded of an article I read several years ago about an English teacher who became concerned when her students started talking about how guilty and inadequate they felt for not having experienced hardship like the authors of the nonfiction books they were reading.  It's like it's getting to the point where you should want true hardship to occur in your life, rather than thanking your lucky stars that you've had it pretty good.  It's romanticized into something that happens to great, inspirational people, and that you can't be great or inspirational unless you've experienced it too.  It's the same thing that causes people to think that living in a country where you have to work three jobs just to get by is something to be admired, and that trying to change it so you don't have to have it so hard means you're just a lazy, entitled leech.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3416 on: April 19, 2014, 11:53:37 pm »

One snowflake to rule them all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3417 on: April 20, 2014, 01:17:04 am »
"I'm furry trash and I need you to draw my fursona as much as possible."

Seems like obvious satire to me.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #3418 on: April 20, 2014, 07:39:26 am »
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3419 on: April 20, 2014, 08:41:17 am »
US society seems to have this weird obsession with suffering; the more you suffer or the harder you have it, the better you are as a person, the more righteous you are as a person, and the more morally superior you are as a person.

We've got Christianity to thank for that.  Seriously, that shit glorifies suffering to an almost sexual degree.  Just look at that arsehole, Mother Theresa and her Home for the Dying in Calcutta.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.