Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549098 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3900 on: June 14, 2014, 11:40:03 pm »
So, someone posed a question to anti-truscum and tucutes (i.e. people who claim to be trans with no dysphoria), and this is a conversation (I've decided to bold the responder to the question for easier reading):

I was wondering, for the people who are anti-truscum or just not truscum, what is your definition of trans? What requirements should you have, what do you need, to be trans?

You are trans if you do not fully identify as the gender you were assigned at birth.

Can you expand further on this?  Some people might say that meaning “you don’t adhere to gender stereotypes” (which does not make you trans in any way) but others might say it meaning “you feel a disconnect with the gender you were assigned at birth” (which sounds like dysphoria and depending on what the disconnect is then yes).

There’s nothing to expand on. You were assigned a gender at birth, and if later you say, “This gender is not an accurate description of my gender, but this other gender or lack of gender is,” then you have the right to call yourself trans. It’s not about being gender nonconforming. It’s about actually identifying as a different gender than the one you were assigned or as no gender.

Yes, the part that needs to be expanded on is the identify part.  What does it mean to identify as another gender?

I say, “I am male.” I identify as male. That’s it. You say, “I identify as this. Please refer to me by this identity.”

Yes, but how did you or anyone for that matter come to the conclusion that they identify with a certain gender?  What was the driving factor that led them to this conclusion?

I don’t fucking know. And honestly it doesn’t matter. You don’t need to understand something to know that it’s true or to respect it and accept it as truth. I don’t fucking understand rocket science, but I sure as fuck believe what rocket scientists say about rockets.

A third person responded to that last bit with:

But apparently you don’t believe what dysphoric trans people (aka trans people) say about what makes someone trans (ie dysphoria). 

Edit:  Also, according to urban dictionary, tucutes also support the "nounself" (bunself, faeself, etc.) movement.

Edit Edit:  Don't visit the truscum or tucute tags.  It has enough vitriol and hatred to break this thread.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:07:27 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3901 on: June 14, 2014, 11:42:09 pm »

Sexism in my French class:

One cannot help but notice the smile on all the fully grown females, but not on the little girl? Alright, let’s start chronologically; you see that the infant is (une fille ) a girl, and her expression is pretty much neutral. Then you see the childhood years where the little boy’s facial expression is neutral to a tad happy, whereas the girl’s facial expression is oppressed and far from happy; one could go on a limb and say she represents rebellion.

However, you see the adult women are smiling their 50’s good housewives 100wat smile. On the contrary, the males’ facial expression basically represent indifference.

You see how the female’s expression changed over the years. At first you can tell she wasn’t complying with the society’s pre conceived notion that women should not object, but as she grew older, the alleged wrinkle was ironed out and you see her smiling. In conclusion, if women don’t smile and express sheer exhilaration as part of their obligatory devotion to their happy marriage, then they would ruin the ‘American Dream’ family standards propaganda, and that is, god forbid, frowned upon.

I cannot help but rationalize this illustration, and come up with the realization that whoever drew this is a creature with testicles.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3902 on: June 15, 2014, 12:16:35 am »
But the little girl is smiling?  Seriously, it looks exactly like the boy's expression.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #3903 on: June 15, 2014, 12:28:03 am »
Why must people put so much deeper meaning in things? First children's cartoons, now French textbooks? WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP?!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3904 on: June 15, 2014, 05:21:53 am »
So, this month I joined Flight Rising, which is a site where you breed dragons to get different color combos.  It chunk of its userbase also seems to be full of "nounself" people (I saw one person say they went by "lambself").  Someone on tumblr posted a rant about it which got this response:

i’m going to say a couple things, and step out from this entirely without ending up on like, bitchrising or whatever. because that happened.
unless the person is being appropriative or racist or whatever, you have no right to police how someone expresses their gender, end of story. You are no in place to be policing someone’s pronouns. Like, ever.

You’re definitely truscum lol

Sometimes I really wish all of tumblr would just crash and burn.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3905 on: June 15, 2014, 05:24:00 am »
Why must people put so much deeper meaning in things? First children's cartoons, now French textbooks? WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP?!
Next thing you know, people will be seeing Jesus is a piece of burnt toast or a dog's arse.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3906 on: June 15, 2014, 05:41:12 am »
Next thing you know, people will be seeing Jesus is a piece of burnt toast or a dog's arse.

If I look hard enough, I can see him in my kitchen cupboard doors.  I'm not even joking.

The kitchen closet doors right next to it are much better.  I can a dragon face.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3907 on: June 15, 2014, 06:40:38 am »
So, this month I joined Flight Rising, which is a site where you breed dragons to get different color combos.  It chunk of its userbase also seems to be full of "nounself" people (I saw one person say they went by "lambself").  Someone on tumblr posted a rant about it which got this response:

i’m going to say a couple things, and step out from this entirely without ending up on like, bitchrising or whatever. because that happened.
unless the person is being appropriative or racist or whatever, you have no right to police how someone expresses their gender, end of story. You are no in place to be policing someone’s pronouns. Like, ever.

I won't "police" someone's gender identity, but I absolutely will question personalized pronouns because they completely undermine the purpose of pronouns in language. We have he/she/they, and those work for everyone. I'd be down for a dedicated singular gender-neutral pronoun catching on, since "they" can be clumsy and confusing at times, but special snowflake crap like "bunself" is utterly useless. If you want something specific to call yourself, be like the rest of us and rely on this amazing thing you have called a first name.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3908 on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »

I won't "police" someone's gender identity, but I absolutely will question personalized pronouns because they completely undermine the purpose of pronouns in language. We have he/she/they, and those work for everyone. I'd be down for a dedicated singular gender-neutral pronoun catching on, since "they" can be clumsy and confusing at times, but special snowflake crap like "bunself" is utterly useless. If you want something specific to call yourself, be like the rest of us and rely on this amazing thing you have called a first name.

Also, as the ranter explains, these nouns aren't even genders.  Of course, browsing the truscum and tucute tags last night, it seems tucutes are now saying that not only is gender a social construct (which it is), but biological sex is a also a social construct.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3909 on: June 15, 2014, 08:35:24 pm »
......biological sex is a social construct........

Ironbite-NOPE NOT GONNA DO IT!  *is forcefully pulled away from a big red button*

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3910 on: June 15, 2014, 10:02:03 pm »
If it isn't a social construct, then why am I pregnant?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3911 on: June 15, 2014, 10:02:50 pm »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3912 on: June 15, 2014, 10:20:24 pm »

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #3913 on: June 15, 2014, 10:21:47 pm »
Quoiromantic Pride

Quoiromantic means to be attracted to another individual but that attraction is indistinguishable between romantic and platonic

Stargender Pride

Stargender is a more abstract gender than I can really conceptualise myself but here are two posts by the coiner nbqt who explains it for all of you

These were the most lolwut I could find on there.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3914 on: June 15, 2014, 10:22:18 pm »
Allow me to post that individual's description of themselves.

Okay hi I’m Lexandre, Lex for short.  I’m a 19 y/o boi living on the East Coast of the US. I am requiessexual and requiesromantic and thus a perioriented individual. Both of those terms are orientations under the asexuality and aromantic labels that mean that I have little to no romantic or sexual attraction after being mentally and emotionally exhausted. I also have that polysexual flag up there because my attraction is p much all genders or lack there of with an exclusion of men and trans masc individuals.

It’s weird I know ahahaha

My Pronouns are se/sym/syr/symself and you can read more on how to pronounce them and decline them right over here . My Auxiliary pronouns are the typical they/them pronouns. DO NOT USE SHE OR HE PRONOUNS FOR ME PLEASE.

My gender is just as complicated as my sexuality if not more so.  I’m an Agender Boi.  Agender should be pretty self-explanatory but the Boi part ain’t.  I’m not male in the slightest, I reject masculinity and cisness in every way I possibly can right now.  Boi has several meanings raging from a transgender individual to a butch lesbian and other stuff in between.  The definition seems pretty fluid and varied from what I’ve seen tho.

I choose to apply the boi label to myself in a way that’s like a mix of both those connotations and other stuff in between.  It’s hard for me to even explain ahaha. I identify someone with femininity and somewhat, moreso actually, with neutrality. My presentation irl is that of a stud or butch individual and I fucking love it. 

As for gender related terms you can use for me: boi and prinxe are my faves.  Also person and stud are good too.  Basically any gender neutral terminology works for me.

I identify as otherkin sorta???  Fawn, tumblr user nicepieceofvulcanass, introduced me recently to the term demikin and I think that works nicely for me. Like I’m semi-kin lol.  I do NOT think I am non-human I simply identify strongly with certain animals, cats and hyaenas especially. 

I’m neurodivergant.  I am Autistic, Depressed, Borderline and have PTSD.  I have several triggers that I’ve talked about right here that I’d appreciate you tagging c:

Oh privileges!! AFAB, dyadic, and able-bodied.  That’s p much it I think

And here’s a FAQ for you c:

It's like a Mad Libs of Tumblr.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.