Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549695 times)

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #3990 on: June 25, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »
That whole veganism thing about how we should be better than killing animals for consumption is really stupid in my opinion.  I mean, look at all the conflicts in the world going on right now.  Mind you those are human to human conflicts, and here are these militant vegans asking us to not kill and consume lower life forms.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for humane treatment and slaughter of animals, but what groups like PETA are asking for is unreasonable.  In fact some people actually have medical conditions where they need to eat adequate protein in their diet to live.

I also think that the argument of "you're eating a corpse when you eat meat" is actually a weak argument.  Unless you're eating the plant from right off the ground, what you are eating is a dead plant.

I'm cool with Vegans and their personal dietary choices.  When you start trying to force your viewpoints on others is when I start having a problem. 

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3991 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:30 pm »

Well aren't you just special.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3992 on: June 25, 2014, 04:54:39 pm »
...I cannot resist. I must go after this person.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3993 on: June 25, 2014, 07:02:32 pm »
... The fuck's an enby?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3994 on: June 25, 2014, 07:06:29 pm »
...I think it's a pokemon.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #3995 on: June 25, 2014, 08:08:05 pm »
...I think it's a pokemon.

I second that.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3996 on: June 25, 2014, 08:17:31 pm »
According to Urban Dictionary, enby is:

Based off of the shortening of "non-binary", N.B.

A term used by the non-binary/genderqueer community as an alternative to girl/boy.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #3997 on: June 25, 2014, 09:04:05 pm »

A term used by the non-binary/genderqueer community as an alternative to girl/boy.

I still don't get what is the problem of using "he" and "she" interchangeably like what RuPaul and other drag queens and gender benders do.  Insisting that people call you by personal pronouns isn't increasing awareness of different gender identities, it's only increasing awareness of how self-centered you are.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3998 on: June 25, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »
Well at least they provided a nice list with usage examples and how to pronounce the damn words. That's miles ahead of most of the others.

On the vegans, thee are a surprising amount tat argue that non human animals shouldn't eat meat either. Before you think this is a joke, I've read at least one lengthy argument from a vegan saying that humans should use their intelligence and science to make all animals on the planet vegans. They, along with creationists(in trying to prove the "green herb, coconut t-rex" thing), often cite a book about a vegan lion cub called Little Tyke. Yes, like that joke from Futurama. As far as I can tell it was based on a flawed and biased study, and is only used as an argument from the two groups listed, the book being published by a creationist publishing company. As one person arguing against the book when it was brought up once said, "Well yeah you can make a lion hate meat, all you have to do is beat it whenever it goes near a steak".

The book I thing played no small part in the recent movement by some vegans to make their pets dogs and cats vegans as well. This honestly infuriates me, especially with cats. Dogs are somewhat omnivorous, but felines are obligate carnivores, meaning they need meat. There is a reason cats and other animals will eat all parts of their prey. They need all the nutrients, not just the meat. Felines specifically need taurine, and organic acid. Humans most often encounter it in modern times in energy drinks. Cats need taurine and their diet, and if they don't have it they will go blind. Cats either get taurine from the meat of prey or from manufactured cat food containing meat. The problem is that these "vegan" cat foods don't have taurine in them and are thus harmful to the cats. These people in particular piss me off so much it's a good thing I've only ever encountered them on the internet.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #3999 on: June 25, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »
Well at least they provided a nice list with usage examples and how to pronounce the damn words. That's miles ahead of most of the others.

On the vegans, thee are a surprising amount tat argue that non human animals shouldn't eat meat either. Before you think this is a joke, I've read at least one lengthy argument from a vegan saying that humans should use their intelligence and science to make all animals on the planet vegans. They, along with creationists(in trying to prove the "green herb, coconut t-rex" thing), often cite a book about a vegan lion cub called Little Tyke. Yes, like that joke from Futurama. As far as I can tell it was based on a flawed and biased study, and is only used as an argument from the two groups listed, the book being published by a creationist publishing company. As one person arguing against the book when it was brought up once said, "Well yeah you can make a lion hate meat, all you have to do is beat it whenever it goes near a steak".

The book I thing played no small part in the recent movement by some vegans to make their pets dogs and cats vegans as well. This honestly infuriates me, especially with cats. Dogs are somewhat omnivorous, but felines are obligate carnivores, meaning they need meat. There is a reason cats and other animals will eat all parts of their prey. They need all the nutrients, not just the meat. Felines specifically need taurine, and organic acid. Humans most often encounter it in modern times in energy drinks. Cats need taurine and their diet, and if they don't have it they will go blind. Cats either get taurine from the meat of prey or from manufactured cat food containing meat. The problem is that these "vegan" cat foods don't have taurine in them and are thus harmful to the cats. These people in particular piss me off so much it's a good thing I've only ever encountered them on the internet.

This kind of reminds me of a joke/challenge to a Vegan who argues that we should get other animals to become vegan.  Tell the Vegan to go to the Serengeti and convince a lion to become vegan.  If the Vegan can come back with proof of success, then I'll become a Vegan.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4000 on: June 25, 2014, 10:41:43 pm »

I still don't get what is the problem of using "he" and "she" interchangeably like what RuPaul and other drag queens and gender benders do.  Insisting that people call you by personal pronouns isn't increasing awareness of different gender identities, it's only increasing awareness of how self-centered you are.

Grouping non-binaries with drag-queens is a category error. Drag-queens are men (identifying as such) with a particular choice of gender expression, it's not a gender. Some non-binaries do in fact alternate "he" and "she", others don't for whatever reason (I'd guess it's because they think it gives mistaken impressions about them being in some way "in-between" male and female).

Regardless, I totally agree that "personalised pronouns" are pointless and the whole thing boils down to a more grammatically complicated version of a first name. Plus at this rate we're never gonna get a consensus on a single set of gender-neutral pronouns.
Σא

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
« Reply #4001 on: June 25, 2014, 11:52:46 pm »

Grouping non-binaries with drag-queens is a category error. Drag-queens are men (identifying as such) with a particular choice of gender expression, it's not a gender. Some non-binaries do in fact alternate "he" and "she", others don't for whatever reason (I'd guess it's because they think it gives mistaken impressions about them being in some way "in-between" male and female).

Regardless, I totally agree that "personalised pronouns" are pointless and the whole thing boils down to a more grammatically complicated version of a first name. Plus at this rate we're never gonna get a consensus on a single set of gender-neutral pronouns.

Right.  I'm not trying to lump groups together.  I understand the difference between someone who is a drag queen and somebody who is transgendered.  I also agree completely with you on the second paragraph.

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #4002 on: June 26, 2014, 01:43:18 pm »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4003 on: June 26, 2014, 03:15:12 pm »

I looked at her Tumblr. She's demanding that people stop messaging her about it, saying that her autism caused her to misspeak.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #4004 on: June 26, 2014, 03:21:46 pm »
Ha, bullshit. I hate it when people use "It was autism's fault" to excuse their bad behavior.