Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549228 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4290 on: August 27, 2014, 07:49:18 pm »
 I notice who started that shit storm.

Ironbite-god damn it Ironchew

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4291 on: August 27, 2014, 08:11:40 pm »
I'm actually on Chew's side here.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #4292 on: August 27, 2014, 08:12:37 pm »
I'm kinda am but...he did start that.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4293 on: August 27, 2014, 08:52:17 pm »
I admit, were I the one who started it, I would've used it fifteen times in my next post, JUST to spite the people who said "please don't use that word".
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4294 on: August 27, 2014, 10:07:09 pm »
I admit, were I the one who started it, I would've used it fifteen times in my next post, JUST to spite the people who said "please don't use that word".

Does this mean that pharyngula sat on a bear trap over the word "butthurt"?

[/CWIDT?]
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4295 on: August 27, 2014, 11:12:34 pm »
I like how one person's argument is just "No, you're wrong because we've decided you're wrong, so acquiesce immediately and get over it.".

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #4296 on: August 28, 2014, 06:48:49 am »
Now I'm reminded of the 'Vivian James' thing, where /v/ decided their charity donation would be to a colon cancer charity to 'chemo butthurt'.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4297 on: August 28, 2014, 06:50:42 am »
Pharyngula commenters predictably getting butthurt about "butthurt".

(click to show/hide)

They hardly even pretend the alleged definition is recognized by anyone else. Pharyngula commenters may be entitled to their own opinions, but they think they can project their own definitions too.

Aah, the best part is I doubt this troll was on purpose.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4298 on: August 28, 2014, 07:31:50 am »
Probably from Grand Theft Auto.  Thinking on it, I don't really recall any prostitute models in any of the games being anything other than white.  You'd think a mothafucka would take that as a damned compliment and not bitch, but people love to complain.
Actually, it was from Far Cry 3.
What I find more hilarious is that Anita sucks as an arguer, and yet her detractors are probably the best argument in favor of feminism because of their sheer massive amounts of abuse proving Anita right better than SHE can.
I really did want to like her for that reason, and her first couple of videos were decent enough for what they were. It's just a massive shame that she's gone on to not only jump the shark over and over again, but also turn out to have been stealing gameplay footage from other Let's Plays. It goes to show that a good or at least halfway competent analysis of sexism in games is not only sorely needed, but also that Anita is most certainly not the person for the job.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:38:57 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4299 on: August 28, 2014, 11:31:32 am »

Butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt butthurt.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4300 on: August 28, 2014, 06:51:04 pm »
Probably from Grand Theft Auto.  Thinking on it, I don't really recall any prostitute models in any of the games being anything other than white.  You'd think a mothafucka would take that as a damned compliment and not bitch, but people love to complain.
Actually, it was from Far Cry 3.
What I find more hilarious is that Anita sucks as an arguer, and yet her detractors are probably the best argument in favor of feminism because of their sheer massive amounts of abuse proving Anita right better than SHE can.
I really did want to like her for that reason, and her first couple of videos were decent enough for what they were. It's just a massive shame that she's gone on to not only jump the shark over and over again, but also turn out to have been stealing gameplay footage from other Let's Plays. It goes to show that a good or at least halfway competent analysis of sexism in games is not only sorely needed, but also that Anita is most certainly not the person for the job.

I don't seem to recall any prostitutes in Farcry 3. How did prostitution come up with regard to the game? Was it because the pirates were doing human trafficking?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4301 on: August 28, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »
I don't seem to recall any prostitutes in Farcry 3. How did prostitution come up with regard to the game? Was it because the pirates were doing human trafficking?
It was a clip of a pimp smacking a prostitute (of colour, naturally) for not making enough money. I haven't played Far Cry 3 myself, so that's about all I can tell you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:58:52 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #4302 on: August 28, 2014, 10:58:13 pm »
....Far Cry 3 doesn't even have hookers.

Ironbite-I mean....OH RIGHT!  THAT ONE SCENE!

Offline WatermelonRat

• Apprentice
« Reply #4303 on: August 29, 2014, 08:36:27 pm »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4304 on: August 29, 2014, 08:53:11 pm »
^^And this is why we can't have nice things. This is mysogynist bait. When neither party wants to open up frank discussion it obviously escalates into full-blown conflict over nothing... I'm not saying the guy is right and that the girl is wrong, but the mocking tone is insulting, meaning that mysogynists will use that as an argument, and that the girls will say that men are oppressing them, and then the guys will say that women cry out for no goddamn reason, and ... You get the idea. I feel like this entire war of the sexes came about due to flame wars over nothing. Except now, we've got 12 year old boys who read stuff on the internet and think it's totally ok to treat women in the worst ways possible. And this is where I've got a problem. It's NOT ok to treat anyone like dirt due to their gender, girls, boys, or anyone between. Methinks there's some serious reeducation to do, and quickly.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯