Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551624 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #4800 on: November 03, 2014, 10:37:29 am »

But he's a white straight man...

And Stephenie Meyer is a woman.  Your point?
He said he wants to play pinata with white straight men who hung themselves, that means he thinks white straight men are bad.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4801 on: November 03, 2014, 12:08:41 pm »
Well, this is depressing. Have a "literally tumblr right now" joke, courtesy of masseffecttranscribed:

Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4802 on: November 03, 2014, 06:05:33 pm »

He said he wants to play pinata with white straight men who hung themselves, that means he thinks white straight men are bad.

i actually laughed. maybe a bit too "gallows-humor" for most, but i just pictured myself as a pinata... i really gotta buy me that pink tutu i've been hankering to buy...

gallows humor should be applauded and not hung out to dry
      ______
      l         l
      l       _o_  lulz
      l         l
      l        /\
___l___
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:10:15 pm by Guizonde »
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4803 on: November 06, 2014, 07:28:37 pm »

so much happening here:
  • Feels a lot like you’re saying all of those things are supposed to be synonyms for “crazy” and “insane,” which is honestly more hurtful to me as a mentally ill person than being called “crazy” or “insane.”
  • Thanks for starring out the letter A there. If I see those words entirely intact, I’ll probably spin into a manic rage and poop on the floor like a wild animal! Thanks for removing literally one letter so I only have to see 85% of the word, now I don’t have to start foaming at the mouth!
  • The words “crazy” and “insane” are actually really important words for a lot of mentally ill people, who use it as a necessary shorthand to express concern that our illnesses might be skewing our perceptions of reality. For example, “is it crazy that I’m so worried about this?” is a much more effective thing to say than “is this a legitimate concern, or am I just projecting my own anxieties and paranoia onto the world around me?” Treating “crazy” as an inherently hurtful slur in all contexts (even “just saying it with no context so people know which word you’re talking about” as above) takes away a “real or not real” shorthand from us.
  • Seriously this kind of post is so patronizing people stop doing them

this is so rude. someone makes a post to protect disabled individuals who DON’T like hearing dehumanizing fucking slurs all day and you go and crash it just because you’re a-ok with it?? i do not have nearly enough spoons to call out everything you said but if you read a post starting with censored slurs and your first thought is, ‘eh, these don’t affect me’ then the post isn’t about you. scroll past it.

So, speaking for theoretical people who aren't offended is wrong, but speaking for theoretical people who are offended is fine?  It seems tumblr has the attitude that the only marginalized opinions that matter are those of the offended; if a marginalized person speaks out against "helpful" tumblr behavior, it doesn't carry equal weight, "erases those who are offended", and doesn't deserve to be heard.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #4804 on: November 06, 2014, 07:45:48 pm »
Welcome to tumblr dot com, where being offended on someone else's behalf is social currency.

To add my own mentally-ill two cents, saying something or even someone is "cr*zy" doesn't bother me nor anyone I've ever met, not even in a goddamned phych ward. What does bother me is acting like I'm a magical fragile flower whose precious fee-fees must be protected at all costs, or like I'm a ticking bomb that can be set off by using a goddamned adjunctive. One of the most important parts of learning to deal with mental illness is learning coping skills so that it's possible to function in a non-hugbox world. Making mental illness the center of your life, your personality, or your vocabulary is not helpful.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4805 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »

Well, some people can be unbelievably self-loathing.  Case in point: there was an Israeli neo-Nazi group not so long ago.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4806 on: November 08, 2014, 12:53:14 am »

"I'm kinky"

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4807 on: November 08, 2014, 02:38:35 am »

Misogynoirist? And hey, look, now the Social Justice Warriors have come to the same conclusion Stormfront has.

HOW DARE YOU BENDICTO CAMBAMPATCH!

Activism: Angrily blogging about things other people do that annoy you.

That's...that's just sad.

For all the reasons the author did not intend.

A lotta posts on wtfsocialjustice about some Lena Dunham chick. Anyone got a clue about who this lady is?

Stop making up these identities for yourselves! Just because you jerk off to slash fics does not mean Jerks Off To Slash Fics is a sexual identity!

cr*zy...wow. Wow. You tumblrinas are batshit. I'll call my bread crazy bread any time I want.

No, just calling people ableist won't make you suddenly right, and them suddenly shut up. You're all fucking crazy.

Society: then everyone will shun you as a true lunatic and utter outcast.

Buddy, if you're getting so easily worked up over what dipshits think of you, you're probably not a sociopath.

Queerer. Dominant as an identity. You...you people...that's a lot of words for saying "I am going to screw someone just as nucking futs as I am."

So basically,

if you do any of these things:

consume meat (yes, that includes fish), dairy, eggs or any other animal derived “food” product
    wear leather/fur/wool/silk or any other animal derived form of “fashion”
    go to zoos/circusses and other places where animals are held in confinement for your viewing pleasure

you hate animals and no amount of bullshit rationalization can justify your participation in this fucking holocaust.

just a friendly reminder.

Oh, Vegans. Never change. You people make me hungry for a nice McRib.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4808 on: November 08, 2014, 03:18:45 am »
What's the context of the 3rd one?

The fourth one isn't Sj related and is honestly not particularly bad.

To be fair, 5 was saying you only could get of of jerking off to fanfics.

8 was obviously not being serious about the bleeding.

10 isn't really that bad.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4809 on: November 08, 2014, 03:40:22 am »

"I'm kinky"

Actually, from what I've seen, the SJ side of Tumblr hates this.

So I'm not sure if this is so much an example of "Worst of SJ" as it is "Worst of Tumblr".
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #4810 on: November 08, 2014, 03:43:32 am »

3: the tumblr interface changed and everybody's mad.
4: it's a pretty obvious grab for sympathy, and it's annoying as hell.
5: "faps to slash fic" isn't an identity. A hobby, maybe, or a habit, but not an identity.
8: Google "free bleeding". Or don't. Actually, I'll explain it: free bleeding is the practice of purposefully making yourself into a walking whining biohazard by refusing to catch or control your menstrual flow. It's likely facetious, but this is tumblr.
10: "queerer sense of self and practice" is tumblrina for "becoming even weirder/more ~*radical*~ for the sake of being weird/radical. And it's damn weird to have "I should go have dinner with my little cousin" in the same breath as "I wanna bone somebody just as annoying as I am"!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:45:51 am by Ghoti »
Long Live The Queen.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4811 on: November 08, 2014, 03:56:39 am »

3: the tumblr interface changed and everybody's mad.
4: it's a pretty obvious grab for sympathy, and it's annoying as hell.
5: "faps to slash fic" isn't an identity. A hobby, maybe, or a habit, but not an identity.
8: Google "free bleeding". Or don't. Actually, I'll explain it: free bleeding is the practice of purposefully making yourself into a walking whining biohazard by refusing to catch or control your menstrual flow. It's likely facetious, but this is tumblr.
10: "queerer sense of self and practice" is tumblrina for "becoming even weirder/more ~*radical*~ for the sake of being weird/radical. And it's damn weird to have "I should go have dinner with my little cousin" in the same breath as "I wanna bone somebody just as annoying as I am"!
1.aahhh
4.true
5.never said it was.
6.I know what free bleeding is.
7. Yeah, looking back that pret- I get turned on by inflation artwork.

Edit: I should stop posting at 2am.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:20:39 am by I am lizard »

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4812 on: November 08, 2014, 09:27:18 am »
Re: Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan.

I'll admit I made a similar point before, but that was more "at least Ricardo Montelban looked enough like a North Indian guy that it was believable."

In this case, however, there's a serious double standard. Benedict Cumberbatch is a white man playing an Indian man, therefore CULTURAL APPROPRIATION! Ricardo Montelban is a Hispanic man playing an Indian man, therefore...nothing?

Finally, neither case really matters because Khan was supposed to have been a product of genetic engineering regardless of where he was born, so he could theoretically look like anyone. The only problem between his appearances as different races is one of series continuity.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4813 on: November 08, 2014, 01:47:51 pm »

I'm not too familiar with Dr. Strange, but as far as I can tell he's white. What culture is Benadryl Cabbagepatch appropriating there? Wizards?
Σא

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4814 on: November 08, 2014, 01:55:11 pm »
Dr. Strange? they talking about Dr. Hugo Strange, the Batman villain? isn't he white as fuck?