Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549860 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5565 on: February 14, 2015, 07:00:55 pm »
That's the most amazing amount of stupid I've ever seen.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5566 on: February 15, 2015, 04:03:43 pm »
Shakesville, the bottom of the barrel. You may remember them from the (rather horrid on their part, IMHO) Dickwolves debacle, but they've...gone downhill.

I remember them from a post PZ made decrying all criticism of that site and its founder. Some people from SVKA showed up in the comments and Pharyngula's tribal instincts kicked in; they were vehemently dismissed.

The more I hear about Shakesville the more it makes sense that another site thrives on criticizing their cultish "safe space".
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5567 on: February 15, 2015, 05:58:33 pm »
Shakesville, the bottom of the barrel. You may remember them from the (rather horrid on their part, IMHO) Dickwolves debacle, but they've...gone downhill.

I remember them from a post PZ made decrying all criticism of that site and its founder. Some people from SVKA showed up in the comments and Pharyngula's tribal instincts kicked in; they were vehemently dismissed.

The more I hear about Shakesville the more it makes sense that another site thrives on criticizing their cultish "safe space".
You can be a serial child rapist and PZ Myers will cover your ass if you're somewhat in agreement.

Disgusting how he's defended on Rationalwiki.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5568 on: February 15, 2015, 08:16:51 pm »
You can be a serial child rapist and PZ Myers will cover your ass if you're somewhat in agreement.

Disgusting how he's defended on Rationalwiki.

Well, no, that's just the thing that puzzles me. Some of PZ's most vitriolic hate, deserved or not, is aimed at people that mostly agree with him but have crossed a line somewhere, somehow. I admire that because PZ has the courage and conviction to go after movement leaders that others involved in the movement won't criticize. The problem is when he does the exact opposite of that.

(click to show/hide)

The rampant tribalism is bad enough that I sometimes wonder if PZ's heroes and foes are entirely delineated by ingroup/outgroup.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5569 on: February 15, 2015, 10:37:10 pm »

Ugh.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5570 on: February 16, 2015, 11:03:07 am »
Ummm, that's German Shepherd-kin or half breed wolf-kin....that's just not a fox silhouette.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5571 on: February 16, 2015, 01:59:47 pm »
Ummm, that's German Shepherd-kin or half breed wolf-kin....that's just not a fox silhouette.

You're oppressing him with your social construct that all foxes have a certain silhouette.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5572 on: February 16, 2015, 02:05:35 pm »
And wouldn't the reverse (human silhouette, canine skeleton) be a more accurate representation of whatever it is that these people think is going on?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5573 on: February 16, 2015, 03:59:42 pm »

Fucking seriously?  That's not blackface.  That's war paint.  Pretty much every civilization in human history has put paint on their faces for intimidation or camouflage.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5574 on: February 16, 2015, 04:55:23 pm »
Ok so I got clued into this by...someone else and holy fuckballs really?  That's what they're going for?  Without knowing nothing of Finn Balor?  Scratch my surface and you find a mark.  SO ANYWAYS!

Finn Balor, aka Prince Devitt, is an Irish born wrestler who currently is the number one contender for the NXT Championship.  He chose the name Finn Balor so the WWE could copyright something as well as announcing to the world what he was.  Finn Balor, in Gaelic, means "Demon King".  That isn't war paint you're seeing.  HE'S TRANSFORMED HIMSELF INTO A LITERAL DEMON KING!

Ironbite-also the entrance he uses for big matches is just....off the fucking hook.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5575 on: February 16, 2015, 05:26:14 pm »
Ok so I got clued into this by...someone else and holy fuckballs really?  That's what they're going for?  Without knowing nothing of Finn Balor?  Scratch my surface and you find a mark.  SO ANYWAYS!

Finn Balor, aka Prince Devitt, is an Irish born wrestler who currently is the number one contender for the NXT Championship.  He chose the name Finn Balor so the WWE could copyright something as well as announcing to the world what he was.  Finn Balor, in Gaelic, means "Demon King".  That isn't war paint you're seeing.  HE'S TRANSFORMED HIMSELF INTO A LITERAL DEMON KING!

Ironbite-also the entrance he uses for big matches is just....off the fucking hook.

I'm not a wrestling fan, so I didn't know.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5576 on: February 16, 2015, 05:55:00 pm »

Having seen his entrance... yeah, I gotta admit, I'm impressed.  Gives me deja vu for some of the classic ring entrances of the 80's and 90's.  Good times.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5577 on: February 16, 2015, 06:03:54 pm »
Gotta admit, that war paint looks pretty damn cool. Dare I say that it reminds me somewhat of Kane's Half Mask era, friends?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5578 on: February 16, 2015, 06:12:33 pm »
When Balor goes big, he goes big.  First time I saw this, him and Hideo Itamai, AKA KENTA, took on the Ascension in one of those classic tag team matches you don't see other then in NXT.  He came out to this and I was just...floored.  Completely floored.  He brought it out again against Adrien Nevill at NXT Takeover: Rival.  Honestly I love NXT for what Triple H's vision of the WWE should be.  Classic matches, every time they have a special it feels special and their weekly shows are awesome.

Ironbite-I think I'm shilling the Network but seriously watch those two matches I just said.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #5579 on: February 18, 2015, 10:59:50 pm »

Ah, tumblr. Where "No" means "No" and "Yes" means "No."
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen