Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551305 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #5910 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:27 pm »
Wow really Niam?  Really?  REALLY!?

Ironbite-ON THIS BOARD....REALLY!?

The fact is, these people insist others need to change their personal beauty standard to accommodate them, when they're either making a token effort at getting better, or actively trying to get fatter.

That, and the "subjects" line is reminiscent of divine-kin and their belief that they deserve worship. They want people to look at them as just as attractive and beautiful as someone else. What people find attractive and beautiful is their own business. Its not a Social Justice cause, but a lot of Radicals are taking it up because "people's feels are being hurt."

That and - well, its probably my lack of empathy showing - I cannot see why people would be happy being in such a state, why people would be satisfied with such.

And if calling people out on their absurd activity makes me a bully, then so be it.

You clearly seem to enjoy making fun of fat people. When accused of bullying, you start grasping for justifications.

It's not a good idea to double down here. Take it to F&B and make fun of me all you want if you must, but don't pretend you're taking the reasonable position when everyone can see through your excuses.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5911 on: March 30, 2015, 10:25:37 pm »

The fact is, these people insist others need to change their personal beauty standard to accommodate them, when they're either making a token effort at getting better, or actively trying to get fatter.

That, and the "subjects" line is reminiscent of divine-kin and their belief that they deserve worship. They want people to look at them as just as attractive and beautiful as someone else. What people find attractive and beautiful is their own business. Its not a Social Justice cause, but a lot of Radicals are taking it up because "people's feels are being hurt."

That and - well, its probably my lack of empathy showing - I cannot see why people would be happy being in such a state, why people would be satisfied with such.

And if calling people out on their absurd activity makes me a bully, then so be it.

No I'm going to continue to do my best Miz impression because that's fucking low dude.

Ironbite-really low.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5912 on: March 30, 2015, 10:54:14 pm »

You clearly seem to enjoy making fun of fat people. When accused of bullying, you start grasping for justifications.

It's not a good idea to double down here. Take it to F&B and make fun of me all you want if you must, but don't pretend you're taking the reasonable position when everyone can see through your excuses.

Nah, this tangent got boring.

@ Ironbite: Hm, well, given your intellect and record on these boards, I'll accept this. Acknowledging it was a low blow, making a note of negative reactions.

All that I'll say further is that my perspective is solely shaped by my personal experience with fatness, and how I got out of it. Admittedly, with my disorder in mind, I cannot think of the situations of others with equal importance.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:12:37 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #5913 on: March 31, 2015, 01:03:06 am »

For those who may not remember, this is the woman who claims that Twitter gave her PTSD.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5914 on: March 31, 2015, 02:29:06 am »

For those who may not remember, this is the woman who claims that Twitter gave her PTSD.
http://www.skepticink.com/gps/2014/04/18/can-one-get-ptsd-via-twitter/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:31:10 am by I am lizard »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5915 on: March 31, 2015, 02:38:25 am »
if you use the term “special snowflake” i hate you, no exceptions, you’re garbage

This was put into the Actually Divine tag.

...wow. Very nice Dandy Mott impression. I'm almost impressed. Almost.

Sure, mumble hooha at me.

god i have no idea wtf is going on rn like

am i other kin

am i a deity

am i just over complicating simple feelings to the point of no return

fuk i would love to have someone who actually knows more about this to talk to like damn

That grammar hurts. Also, go see a therapist about all of that.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 02:40:50 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5916 on: March 31, 2015, 08:44:18 am »
(click to show/hide)

to the fat girl who sparked a needless controversy. just because you weigh twice my weight does not mean you count twice as much as me [/ego check]
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #5917 on: March 31, 2015, 09:26:54 am »

http://www.skepticink.com/gps/2014/04/18/can-one-get-ptsd-via-twitter/

The article is interesting, and he is correct. it is possible to suffer from PTSD symptoms from the trauma of cyber bullying. After all, people have committed suicide from cyber bullying, so it seems reasonable to agree that one can undergo significant trauma.
That said though, I am inclined to question the validity of her specific claim.
Given that places like twitter and tumbler use a social currency of privilege of which mental disorders are a common part thereof, is the first thing to make me question it. However, given that one of the symptoms of PTSD is avoidance, I find that her eagerness to return to the places where she received such bullying to defend her claims runs counter to the actual symptom. Short version I dont believe her. twitter and tumbler celebrities will say anything to keep getting the views.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5918 on: March 31, 2015, 10:03:47 am »

Gee, why don't you ask the Scottsboro Boys?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5919 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:12 am »
The article is interesting, and he is correct. it is possible to suffer from PTSD symptoms from the trauma of cyber bullying. After all, people have committed suicide from cyber bullying, so it seems reasonable to agree that one can undergo significant trauma.
That said though, I am inclined to question the validity of her specific claim.
Given that places like twitter and tumbler use a social currency of privilege of which mental disorders are a common part thereof, is the first thing to make me question it. However, given that one of the symptoms of PTSD is avoidance, I find that her eagerness to return to the places where she received such bullying to defend her claims runs counter to the actual symptom. Short version I dont believe her. twitter and tumbler celebrities will say anything to keep getting the views.

Not every instance of every disorder presents every symptom. Maybe she is making it up, maybe she isn't, but I'm super uncomfortable with the idea of diagnosing someone over their twitter posting.
Σא

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5920 on: April 01, 2015, 08:08:38 am »
I, for one, am super-comfortable with invalidating the claims of those who get veterans fired for calling them out on their bullshit claims.

Seriously, fuck her.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5921 on: April 01, 2015, 11:45:16 am »
Warning: big image

(click to show/hide)

"...you have just as little right to police the bodies of children as you do adults."

Then why the fuck are you doing exactly that?!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5922 on: April 01, 2015, 01:53:23 pm »
How telling that this commenter presumes that diet and exercise is a "prison". So if somebody isn't stuffing their face with Doritos there is some problem with them? I would consider being obese more of a prison. Not being able to climb a set of stairs without being out of breath. a higher chance of type 2 diabetes. Having this explained to people isn't "fat shaming", it's the reality of being fat.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5923 on: April 01, 2015, 02:30:31 pm »
How telling that this commenter presumes that diet and exercise is a "prison". So if somebody isn't stuffing their face with Doritos there is some problem with them? I would consider being obese more of a prison. Not being able to climb a set of stairs without being out of breath. a higher chance of type 2 diabetes. Having this explained to people isn't "fat shaming", it's the reality of being fat.

Actually, that may not necessarily be true.  There is evidence to suggest that "fat" and "healthy" aren't mutually exclusive.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5924 on: April 01, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »

anyone not giving a fuck say "aye".
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯