Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551252 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #6330 on: June 04, 2015, 07:44:46 pm »

This is like watching an abusive relationship.

I'm reminded of this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDMdaGhTDS4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDMdaGhTDS4</a>
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6331 on: June 05, 2015, 10:00:03 pm »

It must be such a burden, having to treat people who want to help with something other than blind, vitriolic hatred.  I feel your pain.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6332 on: June 05, 2015, 10:06:52 pm »

It must be such a burden, having to treat people who want to help with something other than blind, vitriolic hatred.  I feel your pain.

we're not always on the same page, but this time you stole the words from my mouth, UP.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #6333 on: June 06, 2015, 12:07:32 am »

we're not always on the same page, but this time you stole the words from my mouth, UP.

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6334 on: June 06, 2015, 04:31:09 pm »
From a blog that replied to the above:

really allies should be treated as shitty as the opressors because its not like we can tell the difference

Her profile says this:

Hi everyone i'm Kaylee (but prefer to be called kaeli).  I'm 15 and really socially awkward. [. . .]  i'm (unfortunatly) white and cis and straight (ugh :( ikr) but trying to change.

Really hope she's a troll.  Notice how she says "not like we can tell the difference" like she's part of these groups when her profile clearly states she's not.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6335 on: June 06, 2015, 06:24:29 pm »
Good luck changing that whiteness. Maybe if you dig around in your ancestry enough you can find someone who's Cherokee or Mexican.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6336 on: June 06, 2015, 06:29:16 pm »
Good luck changing that whiteness. Maybe if you dig around in your ancestry enough you can find someone who's Cherokee or Mexican.

Reminds me of that one episode of South Park where Kyle tried to make himself into a tall black guy.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6337 on: June 06, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »
Well, if you dig back far enough, we all have African ancestors.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6338 on: June 07, 2015, 12:31:50 am »
Well, if you dig back far enough, we all have African ancestors.

Yeah, but if the fraction is so large you can't quantify it, does it really count? Much better to be 1/128th Cherokee.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6339 on: June 07, 2015, 01:03:48 am »
Or you can just listen to rap music and say you're a transnigger.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #6340 on: June 07, 2015, 09:14:14 am »
I've heard that sometimes people low on the internet. Maybe that could work here?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6341 on: June 07, 2015, 09:47:00 am »
So now people are calling The Witcher 3 racist on the grounds that all the human characters are white. 

https://archive.is/xVi1t#selection-1106.0-1563.33

Also, while I did not by any means see every city, burg and outpost in The Witcher 3's world in my 70+ hours spent within it, I don't recall a single non-white humanoid anywhere — not in Skellige, Novograd, Oxenfurt or anywhere else. Once I realized this I couldn't stop looking for any example of a person of color anywhere, and I never found it, unless you count naked monster women sitting at the feet of a boss like a slightly more awkward tribute to a Frank Frazetta painting. But maybe they're in there, somewhere.

The problem?  The game is based on Slavic mythology!  I mean, what the hell?  If somebody makes a game based on Hindu mythology, should they add Native American characters for the sake of diversity?

Jesus Christ, this is even more ridiculous than the "controversy" over Resident Evil 5/i].  Yes, God forbid a game set in Africa have black people as enemies.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6342 on: June 07, 2015, 10:15:04 am »
Or you can just listen to rap music and say you're a transnigger.

[cinema sins] hahaha... that's racist.[/cinema sins] except if you're a tumblrina.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6343 on: June 07, 2015, 10:41:17 am »
They used to just call themselves Wiggas.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6344 on: June 08, 2015, 02:56:13 pm »

because it could lead to thinking that it's just a preference not to be attracted to trans people, or to POC, or to any marginalized group.

Because it is.

Despite the fact that I have never met a (non-asexual) white person who wasn't attracted to at least some non-whites, attractiveness is still an utterly subjective and personal experience.  You don't ever get to tell a person whom they have to find attractive.  It's simply not your business.  And even if it was, it wouldn't matter because we don't really get to consciously decide who is and who isn't attractive for us.

Try to change the overall cultural understanding and representation of beauty, if you want to, that's a noble goal, but don't make this personal.  It just makes you seem like an authoritarian asshole.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 03:16:41 pm by Ultimate Paragon »