Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1550660 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8220 on: January 29, 2016, 09:38:55 am »
Yeah, that has been my experience of a lot of dread wearers. Also, there are fewer than 35 million Rastafari in the world. And in Jamaica, where the sect began, slightly over 5% of the population are Rastafari. Seems not too many people believe Haile Selassi I of Ethiopia was the actual second incarnation of Jebus Spliff on Eart'. Including Haile Selassi, himself :/ .
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8221 on: January 29, 2016, 11:42:06 am »
Besides, I think the Spartans were known for wearing dreadlocks.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8222 on: January 29, 2016, 02:45:11 pm »
Yeah, that has been my experience of a lot of dread wearers. Also, there are fewer than 35 million Rastafari in the world. And in Jamaica, where the sect began, slightly over 5% of the population are Rastafari. Seems not too many people believe Haile Selassi I of Ethiopia was the actual second incarnation of Jebus Spliff on Eart'. Including Haile Selassi, himself :/ .

"Slightly over 5%" is still significant. For comparison, Jews are only about 0.25% of the U.S. population.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8223 on: January 29, 2016, 06:25:55 pm »
White people cany actually do dreadlocks without completely destroying it. White hair required it to matt together and clump, raising the hydrophobicity to water cant sluice through it. Black hair doesnt matt when dreads are forming, so they can still be cleaned
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8224 on: January 29, 2016, 07:37:05 pm »

"Slightly over 5%" is still significant. For comparison, Jews are only about 0.25% of the U.S. population.

It's surprisingly insignificant because Jamaica is where the religion was founded.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8225 on: January 29, 2016, 08:10:47 pm »
...I didn't even know it was a religion. I thought it was just yet another trendy subculture.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading the wikipeds.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8226 on: January 29, 2016, 08:32:51 pm »

It's surprisingly insignificant because Jamaica is where the religion was founded.

Compared to ~2% Mormons in the United States despite the LDS church being founded in the U.S., that's not so bad.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8227 on: January 29, 2016, 08:48:43 pm »

Compared to ~2% Mormons in the United States despite the LDS church being founded in the U.S., that's not so bad.

Mormonism is specifically a Utah thing, wherein it's 62% of the population. Make of that what you will.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8228 on: January 29, 2016, 09:16:11 pm »
It started in upstate New York, though, didn't it?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8229 on: January 29, 2016, 09:24:09 pm »
So did most of the western and interior states that aren't on the coast.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8230 on: January 30, 2016, 01:31:50 am »
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8231 on: January 30, 2016, 01:44:41 am »

That's stupid. You're stupid! Stop being stupid! But seriously, this is fucking dumb. What makes using this different than using condoms? How does this encourage any of that? What the fuuuuuuuck?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Even Then

« Reply #8232 on: January 30, 2016, 01:55:51 am »
I mean, yeah, people could potentially abuse the technology and/or use it as an excuse in a manner vaguely similar to what sophisticatedstephanie is fearing. People abuse technology, the winter is cold and snow is white.

Still, that's a particularly slippery slippery slope argument.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8233 on: January 30, 2016, 02:12:50 am »
I mean, yeah, people could potentially abuse the technology and/or use it as an excuse in a manner vaguely similar to what sophisticatedstephanie is fearing. People abuse technology, the winter is cold and snow is white.

Still, that's a particularly slippery slippery slope argument.
The "abuses" of which she speaks are just plain pants on head retarded. Last I checked, infertility is not a license to rape.

Even Then

« Reply #8234 on: January 30, 2016, 02:26:53 am »
Well, yeah, like I said she's sliding down a slope so slippery that it's practically a vertical wall.