Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1551306 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8265 on: February 01, 2016, 10:08:35 pm »
Well, if you ever want Sigma's approval, just draw all over yourself with a sharpie, including inside your own mouth.

Even Then

« Reply #8266 on: February 01, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »
Honestly, I don't see why 5 belongs here either. If I go to the doctor for an ear infection or depression and the doctor starts talking about something completely unrelated to that issue... yeah, that would be annoying. Let's focus on the actual issue, please. You know. The one I came to you with so you could help me with it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:12:59 pm by Even Then »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8267 on: February 01, 2016, 10:29:26 pm »
Well, if you ever want Sigma's approval, just draw all over yourself with a sharpie, including inside your own mouth.

Please, I don't just give out my approval to anyone who covers themselves in ink.

...it certainly helps though.
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8268 on: February 02, 2016, 02:36:53 am »
Honestly, I don't see why 5 belongs here either. If I go to the doctor for an ear infection or depression and the doctor starts talking about something completely unrelated to that issue... yeah, that would be annoying. Let's focus on the actual issue, please. You know. The one I came to you with so you could help me with it.

Well, lets put it like this. If you go to a doctor because of an ear infection and then the doctor also notices that you have a mole that might be cancerous and wants to check that up then wouldn't you be glad that the potential cancer is discovered sooner than later? Or if a doctor asks if you smoke or drink alcohol and then talks about the dangers of those things?

...Or if you take your car to service and they find more problems than just the ones you knew about, might as well fix all of it right?

People usually only go to the doctor when they are sick with something (or think they are sick) so this is a rare opportunity for the doctor to make a quick checkup and see if there are other problems or health hazards in your lifestyle.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #8269 on: February 02, 2016, 03:00:56 am »
Fair enough, but from the posts themselves one can gather that

1) in the first patient's case, the body fat issue was put before the ear infection by the doctor, and the diabetes discussion occurred before addressing the ear infection
2) in the second, the doctor assumed that the patient's depression stemmed from their weight
3) the doctor did not even measure the patient's blood sugar/pressure before assuming that they needed to be reduced

And this is suspect.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8270 on: February 02, 2016, 03:13:24 am »
Fair enough, but from the posts themselves one can gather that

1) in the first patient's case, the body fat issue was put before the ear infection by the doctor, and the diabetes discussion occurred before addressing the ear infection
2) in the second, the doctor assumed that the patient's depression stemmed from their weight
3) the doctor did not even measure the patient's blood sugar/pressure before assuming that they needed to be reduced

And this is suspect.

In the first case (entirely from what I can gather from your sentence; I haven't read the source), diabetics with ear infections have an increased risk of the infection escaping the outer ear into other parts of the head. Figuring out if the patient is diabetic is important when you're deciding on the treatment.

The first part does not sound suspect.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8271 on: February 02, 2016, 11:39:54 am »
Are we assuming that the#5 author is being completely honest as far as what happened?

ETA: We're assuming that the doctor's diagnosis wasn't an ear infection, pain meds, now if ze were to drop # of pounds that ze wouldn't get as many infections or they wouldn't be as severe? It wasn't, as the op would have us believe, "My ear hurts" "No shit, Shamu.  Try running; from the fridge! Lolololol!"?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:56:28 am by rookie »
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Cletus

• Neonate
« Reply #8272 on: February 02, 2016, 02:55:20 pm »
Are we assuming that the#5 author is being completely honest as far as what happened?

ETA: We're assuming that the doctor's diagnosis wasn't an ear infection, pain meds, now if ze were to drop # of pounds that ze wouldn't get as many infections or they wouldn't be as severe? It wasn't, as the op would have us believe, "My ear hurts" "No shit, Shamu.  Try running; from the fridge! Lolololol!"?
I suspect that a fair amount of this post was the product of someone blowing the whole thing out of proportion. In all serious though, getting pissed off at your doctor for telling you that your weight poses a risk to your health. It's like complaining that your doctor told you to not have unprotected sex, or reduce drinking.

Huh. Well, I don't like her opinions but I like her aesthetics.
That's an older picture, here's a more recent one. 1000% pure feminine sexiness.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8273 on: February 02, 2016, 06:48:24 pm »
That's an older picture, here's a more recent one. 1000% pure feminine sexiness.

Seems kind of a low blow to criticise a trans woman for not being feminine enough.
Σא

Offline Cletus

• Neonate
« Reply #8274 on: February 02, 2016, 08:27:04 pm »

Seems kind of a low blow to criticise a trans woman for not being feminine enough.

Would it be a low blow to criticism Ahuviya for being a hateful, violent, antisemetic sexual harasser who's been kicked out of various left wing establishments on the west coast, wastes their SS checks on tattoos, attempted to shit on a Holocaust memorial, and generally acts like an asshole?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8275 on: February 02, 2016, 08:49:44 pm »
Been there, thought that.

I got over obsessing about lolcows a few years back when I stopped visiting /cwc/. (EDIT: But I'm still jonesing for new Sonichu comics.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 08:51:40 pm by Ironchew »
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Cletus

• Neonate
« Reply #8276 on: February 02, 2016, 09:00:54 pm »
Been there, thought that.

I got over obsessing about lolcows a few years back when I stopped visiting /cwc/. (EDIT: But I'm still jonesing for new Sonichu comics.)
You didn't hear? Chris finished the Christmas special from a few years ago. https://kiwifar.ms/threads/fb-10-25-chris-uploads-new-sonichu-11-pages.13812/#post-1054542
He also maced a GameStop employee.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8277 on: February 02, 2016, 09:03:23 pm »

Would it be a low blow to criticism Ahuviya for being a hateful, violent, antisemetic sexual harasser who's been kicked out of various left wing establishments on the west coast, wastes their SS checks on tattoos, attempted to shit on a Holocaust memorial, and generally acts like an asshole?
(click to show/hide)
No, I don't think so.

I'm not defending Ahuviya, if that's what you got from that. As far as I know she is a thoroughly unpleasant human being.

Just, y'know, there are things that are worth criticising her over and things that are not.

(also, apparently this has to come up every time Ahuviya is discussed, but don't use male pronouns for her)
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8278 on: February 06, 2016, 12:03:39 am »

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to hate Ted Cruz.  But this is absurd.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8279 on: February 06, 2016, 12:11:22 am »
I can't words to that post.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".