Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549520 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8445 on: March 26, 2016, 02:45:57 pm »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/la-sha/on-the-revocation-of-whit_b_9531122.html

Fuck you!  That's all I have to say, fuck you!

I dunno, the moral outrage angle is dulled after you've said that to virtually every woman with an opinion.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8446 on: March 26, 2016, 03:34:18 pm »

Huh, didn't know huffpo was written by Maoists.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8447 on: March 26, 2016, 03:42:46 pm »
Yeah, see, that's how you kick a guy when he's down...and out...and hopelessly ensnared in a living nightmare. Angry, obsessive slacktivist blogger couldn't help but tie her intolerance to an international news story to help strip this man of his personhood. Why would anyone even believe the charge? It's North Korea, FFS. Even if he did try to take a propaganda poster, so what? You're going to defend North Korea?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8448 on: March 26, 2016, 04:53:05 pm »
The comments section is nothing but bile.

And the original writer would deserve being shown exactly how it is in one of those camps for trying to justify such barbarism.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8449 on: March 26, 2016, 05:20:45 pm »
I think I understand what the point was supposed to be, but the execution is just terrible.  In the article, she uses the same arguments used here to justify the treatment of black people in society, which would be a good point, but using North Korea as the backdrop is horrible.  People who agree with this article (and the author, by the end) appropriate the suffering of North Koreans by going "hey man, we get it, we've been there" -- even if it's directed to Warmbier, North Koreans live with this reality every day; they then turn around and defend the dictatorship that causes their suffering with comments like "he deserved it for breaking their laws", for no other reason than a person from an American privileged class is finally getting knocked down a peg by them.  You can't defend a broken system (and that's a generous term here) just because it happened to punish someone you don't like.

Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, Mike Brown, and others like them, died because of American racial issues plaguing America, not because they lived in one of the worst dictatorial regimes in modern history where literally anyone and their family could be executed or be sent to a work camp.  Comparing anything in the US to North Korea just seems to really trivialize just how bad things are over there.

Also, why the hell is anyone believing North Korea's version of events on anything?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:43:06 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8450 on: March 26, 2016, 05:41:12 pm »
I think the real tragedy here is that the guy's last name is literally "warm beer" in German. That's just a horrible thing to call yourself.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8451 on: March 26, 2016, 10:06:15 pm »
I think the real tragedy here is that the guy's last name is literally "warm beer" in German. That's just a horrible thing to call yourself.
Second worst German name.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8452 on: March 27, 2016, 04:18:41 am »

Eh, can't say that it's connected to "white privilege" per se.

That said, entering North Korea to steal a propaganda banner for shits and giggles is as rock-hard stupid as it gets.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8453 on: March 28, 2016, 02:11:37 am »
They're talking about an annual two week long event on Flight Rising (a dragon pet site).

So they willingly play a game that they knew would exacerbate preexisting conditions, then accuse the site of ableism when it bites them in the ass.  Participating in the coliseum isn't even required for the event (it just gives you an advantage when it comes to gathering event exclusive items).  They chose to put themselves in that position for no other reason than they wanted more holiday items, and felt that that was more important than their health.

FR might have a shitty battle system, but even if it could be considered ableist, this person's injury isn't the site's fault.  That shit's all on them.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #8454 on: March 28, 2016, 09:47:44 pm »
Second worst German name.

The name of the Schwartzkopf beauty supply brand makes me giggle.  Most people are trying to remove blackheads, not buy their hair gel.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8455 on: March 29, 2016, 02:06:33 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8</a>

My favorite part is when she grabs him and then claims he's touching her.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8456 on: March 29, 2016, 02:55:16 pm »
Does she harass homeless white people who have involuntary natural dreads, too?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #8457 on: March 29, 2016, 08:54:32 pm »
That guys dread game is weak sauce.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8458 on: April 02, 2016, 06:48:45 pm »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8459 on: April 02, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »
SJW vs Weeaboo, WHO WILL WIN?

I'll bet $20 on the weeb, at least they might have a decorative weapon that could still do damage.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.