Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1549755 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8565 on: June 17, 2016, 08:23:07 am »
He's got us there. As a white person, I can indeed confirm that each and every last one of us shot the good Dr King. All I can say is that it seemed a good idea at the time.

And now that I've told, I can probably expect to be yelled at at the next meeting.

Even Then

« Reply #8566 on: June 17, 2016, 10:42:02 am »
Okay, fine, fair enough. I got pissed off at that whole "you're not allowed to be angry with your shit treatment because MLK" implication the original post had going, but sure, not every single white person shot the guy simultaneously. But I don't think anyone was claiming that literally every single white person did, either.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8567 on: June 17, 2016, 11:24:51 pm »
Okay, fine, fair enough. I got pissed off at that whole "you're not allowed to be angry with your shit treatment because MLK" implication the original post had going, but sure, not every single white person shot the guy simultaneously. But I don't think anyone was claiming that literally every single white person did, either.

Well, no, probably not. I don't think "you whites shot him" means "I literally think every single white person was holding that gun". But assuming it means anything, it lays the blame of MLK's murder at the feet of white people as a class.

Which, whether it's true or not, is kind of shitty rhetorical tactic to use.
Σא

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8568 on: June 17, 2016, 11:44:05 pm »

Well, no, probably not. I don't think "you whites shot him" means "I literally think every single white person was holding that gun". But assuming it means anything, it lays the blame of MLK's murder at the feet of white people as a class.

Which, whether it's true or not, is kind of shitty rhetorical tactic to use.

There's also the implication that MLK's tactics didn't work.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8569 on: June 18, 2016, 01:32:12 am »
I wasn't taking a jab at you. Just taking the piss out of the last guy in the original post.

Even Then

« Reply #8570 on: June 18, 2016, 01:46:45 am »
Once again, fair enough.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8571 on: June 18, 2016, 02:09:46 pm »

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #8572 on: June 18, 2016, 02:28:08 pm »

At least maybe the NRA would react differently if its members were systematically targeted by mass shootings.

Which means there would be less mass shootings in the end. Sooo... not sure it'd be a good thing per se, but at least it'd be better.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8573 on: June 19, 2016, 11:05:52 am »

Fuck you!  Seriously, fuck you!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8574 on: June 19, 2016, 12:27:12 pm »
Taking the name of one of the best characters in Game of Thrones to spout bullshit?  You really are looking to get the shit whipped out of ya, aren't you?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #8575 on: June 20, 2016, 05:50:32 pm »
2 year olds are the biggest enforcers of patriarchy.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8576 on: June 20, 2016, 05:59:52 pm »
The natural alignment for all 2 year-olds is Neutral Evil.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8577 on: June 21, 2016, 01:09:01 am »
So basically,

if you do any of these things:

consume meat (yes, that includes fish), dairy, eggs or any other animal derived “food” product
    wear leather/fur/wool/silk or any other animal derived form of “fashion”
    go to zoos/circusses and other places where animals are held in confinement for your viewing pleasure

you hate animals and no amount of bullshit rationalization can justify your participation in this fucking holocaust.

just a friendly reminder.

Found this on the carnist tumblr tag. Generally a gold mine.

Heil ze meat.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8578 on: June 21, 2016, 01:18:57 am »
The other day I fried up some bacon, then grilled burgers in the bacon juices, then put the bacon on top of the burgers.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Even Then

« Reply #8579 on: June 21, 2016, 01:21:34 am »
I wonder how these people would react to being told that animals eat each other all the damn time.