Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 638995 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1530 on: December 29, 2012, 11:12:26 pm »
Sigh actually not looking forward to the Discord ep.  I dunno just he was such a perfect villian having him reform loses the appeal

Dude, if you're gonna say shit like that, put it under some damned spoiler tags.  Jeez.  Thanks.  Thanks a bunch.

B, I'm going to say this as both a member of Equestria Daily (as in, somepony that "works" for Seth) and as a FSTDT forumite.

QUIT BITCHING

For the love of Luna's Divine Royal Ass, ENOUGH!

The Discord episode has been known about for over a month, and was speculated on for the last three.  If you don't like the fact that info is given to us by Hasbro themselves, by Jayson Thiessen, by Sibsy, by Daniel Ingram, fucking deal with it.  The rest of us are tired of it.  Don't make me get the Moon Cannon.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1531 on: December 29, 2012, 11:20:11 pm »
Peace.  I dunno just I hope it goes this moral of sometimes people are just mean no matter how they seem.  Except they dd that with Gilda fuck

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1532 on: December 29, 2012, 11:38:28 pm »
Sigh actually not looking forward to the Discord ep.  I dunno just he was such a perfect villian having him reform loses the appeal

Dude, if you're gonna say shit like that, put it under some damned spoiler tags.  Jeez.  Thanks.  Thanks a bunch.

B, I'm going to say this as both a member of Equestria Daily (as in, somepony that "works" for Seth) and as a FSTDT forumite.

QUIT BITCHING

The Discord episode has been known about for over a month, and was speculated on for the last three.  If you don't like the fact that info is given to us by Hasbro themselves, by Jayson Thiessen, by Sibsy, by Daniel Ingram, fucking deal with it.  The rest of us are tired of it.  Don't make me get the Moon Cannon.

I know Discord's returning.  I wasn't able to avoid that spoiler.  However,  I've been able to avoid knowing much about the details, but then Kefka dropped something that sounds like a pretty big spoiler to those of us who'd like to stay as much in-the-dark as possible.  Yet you're telling me my annoyance isn't justified?  Really, Priestling?  Really?

Why don't I just find another show you like and start spouting off spoilers about upcoming stories?  Not all of us care to speculate about this shit, whether you like to admit it or not.

Edit:  By the way, I don't care who released the information.  That doesn't make me suddenly eager to stumble upon major spoilers unaware.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:57:05 pm by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1533 on: December 29, 2012, 11:56:56 pm »

QUIT BITCHING

I know Discord's returning.  I wasn't able to avoid that spoiler.  However,  I've been able to avoid knowing much about the details, but then Kefka dropped something that sounds like a pretty big spoiler to those of us who'd like to stay as much in-the-dark as possible.  Yet you're telling me my annoyance isn't justified?  Really, Priestling?  Really?

Why don't I just find another show you like and start spouting off spoilers about upcoming stories?  Not all of us care to speculate about this shit, whether you like to admit it or not.

Because in a fandom like this, spoilers are inevitable.  You WHINE about the smallest things, for the love of the Sisters! It's near-impossible to not see the episode in advance on Itunes for the last three weeks running, for example.  It's bad enough we have to deal with shit stain commenters whining after an episode, saying it's a pile of shit, that we're all faggots if we liked it, that other commenters need to kill themselves... and you're complaining about spoilers just about everypony else knows about at least two weeks in ADVANCE.

The only real time we get kept 'in the dark' is for the finales.  Deliberately.  The best we get is episode titles, and maybe, MAYBE a synopsis.  Everything else before then is fair fuckin' game.  You whine here, you whine on the IRC, and the rest of us, even those of us NOT involved in pony, are getting tired of it.  Nopony cares if you don't like it anymore.  Keep your complaints to yourself.  The rest of us are trying to enjoy our happy, smiling, silly pastel equines.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1534 on: December 30, 2012, 12:15:24 am »
Alright, I've been made aware of this thread. Just going to throw in my two cents.

Now, considering Hasbro has released this information regarding the discord episode, it can be assumed that all bronies in the community have seen it (well not all, but for the sake of assumption this is public info which is intended to be seen by the community)

B - Siraj/Priestling is right in that you have repeatedly complained about spoilers, and I admit I have seen this in the irc and I am tired of it.
And Siraj/Priestling. Please dont react so harshly. I really dont want to be the tone police, and I understand the frustration on both your sides.

I don't want to be that guy to limit discussion, but could spoilers please be kept to an absolute minimum, if only to keep the complaints to a minimum and to keep those that like to be kept in the dark happy.

EDITED: because people may get confused between priestlings irc and forum name.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:18:17 am by Deimos »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1535 on: December 30, 2012, 12:21:22 am »

QUIT BITCHING

THANK YOU

I'm really getting sick B's complaining about spoilers
SPOILERS IS A PART EVERY FANDOM, DEAL WITH IT.
If you were part of the Star Wars fandom, you would've had a royal uber fit over the Season 5 trailer of Clone Wars. And guess what, everyone welcomed the spoilers with open arms.

• The Beast
« Reply #1536 on: December 30, 2012, 12:34:14 am »
I would have a shitfit over the Season 5 Clone Wars trailer, you say?  No.  I would TRY to avoid discussions about it while continuing to enjoy the fandom/fanwork as best I could, as well as avoiding the clip itself.

Of course, if the Star Wars fandom is anything like the brony fandom, that would mean avoiding a lot of Star Wars sites until the episodes air, I guess.  That is, unless they actually give two shits about keeping new season discussion in a spoiler thread made specifically for that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:40:13 am by B-Man »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1537 on: December 30, 2012, 12:52:38 am »
Umm, the season 5 trailer was unavoidable for the most part unless you live under a rock. It was debuted at Celebration VI, and spread like wildfire to every entertainment site from there.

• The Beast
« Reply #1538 on: December 30, 2012, 03:44:10 am »
As much as spoilers piss me off, I suppose I can see people being annoyed about me complaining about it.

Now I just have to try to forget what kefka said.  Dwelling on it won't help.  At least he didn't provide images that'll stick in my brain or whatever.

Now, onto what I thought about the episode.  There were funny moments, but it felt a bit painfully predictable.  Then again, I guess I've just seen this kind' of plot in a lot of works, so it stuck out in my mind more.

It was still a good episode.  I guess the general plot along with the need to push it up to eleven was...well.  It was funny and a little off-putting at the same time.

Final (More Specific) Thoughs:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:47:26 am by B-Man »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1539 on: December 30, 2012, 05:49:17 am »
Sigh actually not looking forward to the Discord ep. 
(click to show/hide)

I never really thought him as evil.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #1540 on: December 30, 2012, 09:13:20 am »
Sigh actually not looking forward to the Discord ep. 
(click to show/hide)

You know what I think would be an awesome, but unlikely plot for that episode?

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1541 on: December 30, 2012, 09:20:17 am »
Also, this future episode synopsis blew my fuckin' mind:

So full of awesome.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I'll be in my bunk. <3
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1542 on: December 31, 2012, 01:51:26 pm »
Also, this future episode synopsis blew my fuckin' mind:

So full of awesome.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I'll be in my bunk. <3

Room for one more? >:3

Formerly Priestling

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #1543 on: January 10, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »
Just finished season 2 this morning. My thoughts:

• The season finale was badass! One of my favorite episodes so far.

(click to show/hide)

• Fluttershy is definitely my favorite, but I love all the Mane Six. Even Rarity.

• I've been eating more apples and apple-based desserts lately.

Season 3 isn't on Netflix, but it's online somewhere, right?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1544 on: January 10, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »
Just finished season 2 this morning. My thoughts:

• The season finale was badass! One of my favorite episodes so far.

(click to show/hide)

• Fluttershy is definitely my favorite, but I love all the Mane Six. Even Rarity.

• I've been eating more apples and apple-based desserts lately.

Season 3 isn't on Netflix, but it's online somewhere, right?

Chrysalis (the Changeling Queen) is officially our Cute Monster Girl of the fandom.

Ah, the Apple Affliction.  At least it's good for you!

And S3 is on Youtube.  Just go there and put in the episode titles (which you can find here:  http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Episodes ) and you'll get loads of hits.  Enjoy!

Formerly Priestling