Author Topic: Rand Paul Tries To Sneak "Personhood" Amendment...  (Read 4167 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Rand Paul Tries To Sneak "Personhood" Amendment...
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 04:01:29 am »
Republicans are pushing the abortion thing because they want to get the Christian fundamentalist vote on board. The fundies are very quick to judge candidates based on their adherence to conservative social doctrine. Heck, on the mainpage there are even fundies condemning Mitt Romney because he's a Mormon and not a mainstream Protestant.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Rand Paul Tries To Sneak "Personhood" Amendment...
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 06:33:58 am »
To be honest though, I am surprised there have been so many anti-abortion bills lately. I always thought the republicans and democrats never touched abortion because it always makes a convenient platform every election cycle. If these governors actually stop abortion in their states, what will the run on next time?

It is a convenient platform. And part of using such a platform is reminding your base that you are for it and your opponents are against it. The easy way to do that is to sponsor some outrageous new bill that will never pass through congress, let alone survive review by the Supreme Court. Just by voting for it, the Republicans fire up their base and inspire a new wave of Democrat hatred.

Of course, I suspect there are also more than a few Republican congresspeople that have of late “drunk the Kool-aid” and would vote for such a bill no matter what.
-A Pen Name