Author Topic: Blade Runner 2 confirmed  (Read 1877 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Blade Runner 2 confirmed
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:18:50 pm »
Harrison Ford has described the prospect of starring in a Blade Runner sequel as "curious and exciting." The veteran actor - who is apparently starring in JJ Abrams' Star Wars Episode VII - spoke of Ridley Scott's planned movie during a Reddit Ask My Anything session on Sunday (April 13, 2014).

"I'm quite curious and excited about seeing a new script for Blade Runner if in fact the opportunity would exist to do another, if it's a good script I would be very anxious to work with Ridley Scott again, he's a very talented and passionate filmmaker," wrote Ford. "And I think it would be very interesting to revisit the character."

Plot info available so far:
Beginning several months after the events in Blade Runner, Deckard has retired to an isolated shack outside the city, taking the replicant Rachael with him in a Tyrell transport container, which slows down the replicant aging process. He is approached by a woman who explains she is Sarah Tyrell, niece of Eldon Tyrell, heiress to the entire Tyrell Corporation and the human template (templant) for the Rachael replicant. She asks Deckard to hunt down the "missing" sixth replicant. At the same time, the human template for Roy Batty hires Dave Holden, the blade runner attacked by Leon, to help him hunt down the man he believes is the sixth replicant - Deckard.

Deckard and Holden's investigations lead them to re-visit Sebastian, Bryant, and John Isidore (from the book Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?), learning more about the nature of the blade runners and the replicants.

When Deckard, Batty, and Holden finally clash, Batty's inhuman fighting prowess leads Holden to believe he has been duped all along and that Batty is the sixth replicant; he shoots him. Deckard returns to Sarah with his suspicion: there is no sixth replicant. Sarah, speaking via a remote camera, confesses that she created and maintained the rumor herself, to deliberately discredit and eventually destroy the Tyrell Corporation, after her uncle Eldon created Rachael based on her and then abandoned the real Sarah. Sarah brings Rachael back to the Corporation building to meet with Deckard, and he escapes with her.

However, Holden - recovering from his injuries during the fight - later finds the truth: Rachael has been killed by Tyrell agents, and the "Rachael" who escaped with Deckard was actually Sarah. She has completed her revenge by both destroying Tyrell, and taking back Rachael's place.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Blade Runner 2 confirmed
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:22:33 pm »
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:28:05 pm »
This could be great, but considering the sequel's storyline is just months after Blade Runner, and 32 years have already passed IRL...that's gonna be a lot of digital overlay "makeup" to make Harrison Ford look like Deckard again. And any other actors joining the reprise. Might as well just do the whole thing in state of the art ultra HD CGI, frankly, which would make it even cooler, IMO.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 01:06:48 pm »
Yeah, this doesn't actually "confirm" anything, the link said he would be interested in seeing a SCRIPT for a sequel.

And besides, after seeing Prometheus, perhaps they should lay off the sequel idea...

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 05:33:09 am »
NOPE.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 08:51:29 am »
Yeah, this doesn't actually "confirm" anything, the link said he would be interested in seeing a SCRIPT for a sequel.

And besides, after seeing Prometheus, perhaps they should lay off the sequel idea...

After Prometheus, I can't help but feel that Riddly Scott should just go away and leave us alone.