Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159507 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #825 on: July 24, 2018, 03:51:48 pm »
I will fight you both and stab you with the bones of your forefathers.

WWE (and to a lesser extent all professional wrestling) is not anime.  Except New Japan.  WWE et al is male Soap Opera mixed with a stuntshow.

Ironbite-*sharpens the bones of your forefathers for stabbings*

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #826 on: July 24, 2018, 08:05:21 pm »
New Japan is anime but with real life people. Evidence: The Golden Lovers break-up and reunion.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #827 on: July 25, 2018, 01:12:39 am »
Hey Ravy / whoever's in charge of the FSTDT reddit, can you ban StellarisJunkie / Pepe? I've been griefing him pretty hard, and it seems he is just getting angrier and angrier.

There's a point where it gets amusing, and there's a point where I get tired my only reddit notifications are from an increasingly insane Turkish Nazi.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #828 on: July 25, 2018, 08:22:38 am »
WWE (and to a lesser extent all professional wrestling) is not anime.  Except New Japan.  WWE et al is male Soap Opera mixed with a stuntshow.
What about when the female wrestlers are involved?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #829 on: July 25, 2018, 09:27:25 am »
Hey Ravy / whoever's in charge of the FSTDT reddit, can you ban StellarisJunkie / Pepe? I've been griefing him pretty hard, and it seems he is just getting angrier and angrier.

There's a point where it gets amusing, and there's a point where I get tired my only reddit notifications are from an increasingly insane Turkish Nazi.

That would be Distind.  I don't think he turned control to me, unless I missed something.  StellarisJunkie recently replied to my months old thread there.  All I could really do was think "Well...he's certainly dedicated."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #830 on: July 25, 2018, 04:03:06 pm »
What about when the female wrestlers are involved?

Still a male soap opera only now there's tits involved.

Ironbite-as there's always been in professional wrestling.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #831 on: July 25, 2018, 04:50:04 pm »

That would be Distind.  I don't think he turned control to me, unless I missed something.  StellarisJunkie recently replied to my months old thread there.  All I could really do was think "Well...he's certainly dedicated."

It seems I've really personally offended him. I like that.

But the fact he keeps on going is...well, doesn't he have anything else he could be doing?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #832 on: August 07, 2018, 08:47:40 am »
Since I got accepted to the university I just paid for the first year. It was under 200€ and more than half of that was from paying for the gym membership for the year.

...And the rest was for the membership fee of the student organization which is bullshit because all university students are forced to pay for the membership which is a violation of my rights of assembly which means that I cannot be FORCED to join a group that I do not wish to be member of.

...I also wonder how much the cost of studying in an university for a year would have been in USA?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #833 on: August 07, 2018, 09:33:23 am »
It depends on how many classes you take per semester.  The typical range for a full-time student is between 8-12 credit hours split roughly evenly between Fall and Spring semesters.  I know my typical semester of university has ran me around $9,000 US or above (I admit, I need to check my statement to be totally sure, but I'm in the ballpark).  Of course, I'm a bit luckier than most because I get several grants due to various circumstances (no expected familial contribution, living on my own, studying full time, etc) that pay for around half to two-thirds of my tuition.  Still, though, the rest needs to be covered by subsidized student loans, which will likely be well in excess of $10,000 by the time I'm done at the end of the year.

And I did the smart thing and went to community college, first, to get my general education credits out of the way.

[ETA]

So, I got my personal, actual numbers.  I'm taking 5 classes, this semester.  It is also my last semester of university.  All told, after fees and other nickle-and-dime bullshit, I'm in for about $8,600 US in tuition fees.  That's not counting books or any other additional expenses.  This semester will also see about $1,400 US tacked on to my student loans.  So, multiply that out by two, and you're looking at about $17,000 for a year's worth of university-level US tuition, assuming 5 courses in both Spring and Fall, and with no Summer classes.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:50:37 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #834 on: August 19, 2018, 06:44:20 am »
I was reading a certain erotic story and at some point it turns out that the French guy in the story has been circumcised. And here I am thinking that there's no implication of them being Jewish so is this yet another Yankee writer who doesn't know how rare circumcision is in other countries.

Also found out elsewhere that paper planes as a toy predate the invention of the plane.

Obviously they weren't known as "planes" in the early days.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #835 on: August 19, 2018, 07:00:01 am »
That's probably what inspired the Wright brothers. "What if we did this, but with wood instead of paper, and make it like... *Inspects folded piece of A4 paper* ...three times bigger?"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #836 on: September 11, 2018, 08:45:34 am »
The head of a nunnery is basically the opposite of a pimp.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #837 on: September 11, 2018, 11:29:54 am »
Nowadays that may be true. There was a time when they were the same.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #838 on: September 11, 2018, 11:31:38 am »
There was? Fuck my nipples, I really was born in the wrong generation.

Oh wait, does that mean nuns are the loot boxes of prostitutes? You know, because you can't tell if they're actually hot until you get them out of their habit. Which would mean they actually figured out how to combine gambling and prostitution into one activity. Holy shit, that's absolutely ingenious. It's no fucking wonder the Catholic Church is as rich and perverted as it is.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:37:55 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #839 on: September 11, 2018, 01:53:22 pm »
First of all, don't forget the Orthodox nuns.

Second, it's more that during the Victorian era when doublespeak and false modesty were the thing "nun" and "nunnery" were slang for prostitute and whorehouse respectively. And during medieval era many old prostitutes ended up as nuns (Though they were treated really badly and kept from interacting with anyone outside the monastery.) as a type of retirement.