Author Topic: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries  (Read 64005 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2016, 03:29:27 pm »
Yeah. When you stoke hate you provoke not only those who agree with you but also those who oppose you. An angry crowd is a scary thing no matter what their political leaning is.

That said, more Drunk Trump:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Ziar9peO0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-Ziar9peO0</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvfYpLroHls" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvfYpLroHls</a>

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2016, 07:19:36 pm »
I'm surprised there has not been protest violence like this all along. What he has said about Latinos and Muslims and women and blacks and etc. has infuriated a great swath of the population. Really, I think this was a case of the PD not preparing enough and following the lead of other events where the PD's kept the opposing supporters very, very far away from each other, like all the way on the opposite-sides-of-the-arena far away.

Yup and conservatives will point at protesters and say look how violent they are. Look how crazy they are, and pay no attention to the fact that Donald Trump's messages are what's pissing them off.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »
I'm surprised there has not been protest violence like this all along. What he has said about Latinos and Muslims and women and blacks and etc. has infuriated a great swath of the population. Really, I think this was a case of the PD not preparing enough and following the lead of other events where the PD's kept the opposing supporters very, very far away from each other, like all the way on the opposite-sides-of-the-arena far away.

Yup and conservatives will point at protesters and say look how violent they are. Look how crazy they are, and pay no attention to the fact that Donald Trump's messages are what's pissing them off.

Hell, we'll be getting enough of that here on FQA.

"Now see here, there are LIEberals who are just as violent..."
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2016, 08:13:45 pm »

I'm sorry, are you saying they were justified?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2016, 08:19:05 pm »

No one said that. However, the fact that the protests was violent does not excuse or justify Trump's xenophobia and racism. Oh, I forgot, you're the one who harks on the evils of LIEberalism.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2016, 08:23:41 pm »

No one said that. However, the fact that the protests was violent does not excuse or justify Trump's xenophobia and racism. Oh, I forgot, you're the one who harks on the evils of LIEberalism.

If they didn't, then they strongly implied it.  As for the violence not justifying Trump's views, that much is obvious.

And are you still on about that?  Seriously, that was aimed at one person who used "liberal" as part of their name.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2016, 08:47:16 pm »

For the sake of a good argument, sure. Why not. For I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, and that moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue. Donald Trump represents a real and concrete threat to the well-being of these people. Who among us would not react if our well-being, our daily life was threatened? Who among us would not stand up, say 'no more', and even resort to violence if that's what it takes to get people to listen?

There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2016, 09:27:50 pm »
I mean, its not like there were a group of men who did that sort of thing round about 250 years ago, one of 'em crossing the Delaware and stuff.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #338 on: June 03, 2016, 09:53:54 pm »

For the sake of a good argument, sure. Why not. For I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, and that moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue. Donald Trump represents a real and concrete threat to the well-being of these people. Who among us would not react if our well-being, our daily life was threatened? Who among us would not stand up, say 'no more', and even resort to violence if that's what it takes to get people to listen?

As of yet, Trump has taken no concrete action against either Mexicans or Muslims, for the simple reason that he is unable to do so with any kind of effectiveness.  Is a preemptive strike against somebody who has done nothing except make abhorrent statements justified or practical?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2016, 10:02:45 pm »

As of yet, Trump has taken no concrete action against either Mexicans or Muslims, for the simple reason that he is unable to do so with any kind of effectiveness.  Is a preemptive strike against somebody who has done nothing except make abhorrent statements justified or practical?

* The_Queen grabs popcorn

Dis gun b gud.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »

You know he's not actually president yet, right?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #341 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:52 pm »

You know he's not actually president yet, right?

Of course.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2016, 11:18:18 pm »

Yes. It is better to defeat your enemy before they can inflict damage, than to wait until the damage has already been done to attack. In addition, it is a far easier objective to try to prevent him from becoming president than to try to stop anything he does once he is already president. The common people cannot influence Capitol Hill, nor can they storm the White House. Now is the time to attack Trump.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #343 on: June 03, 2016, 11:56:36 pm »

Yes. It is better to defeat your enemy before they can inflict damage, than to wait until the damage has already been done to attack. In addition, it is a far easier objective to try to prevent him from becoming president than to try to stop anything he does once he is already president. The common people cannot influence Capitol Hill, nor can they storm the White House. Now is the time to attack Trump.

I'm not a fan of Donald Trump, but if you go to his rallies and assault his supporters, you are part of the problem.  Simple as that.  Not only does this just make him more popular, but more important, it violates his supporters' basic human rights to freedom of speech, assembly, and association.  You want to stop Trump?  That's fine, so do I.  But there are far, far better ways of doing so.  Find a method that doesn't hurt innocent people or make it look like he has a point.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 11:58:12 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #344 on: June 04, 2016, 12:54:15 am »

I'm not a fan of Donald Trump, but if you go to his rallies and assault his supporters, you are part of the problem.  Simple as that.  Not only does this just make him more popular, but more important, it violates his supporters' basic human rights to freedom of speech, assembly, and association.  You want to stop Trump?  That's fine, so do I.  But there are far, far better ways of doing so.  Find a method that doesn't hurt innocent people or make it look like he has a point.

I kinda ran out of talking points. Doesn't help that I don't actually believe any of this anyway. But hey! I tried. Gonna have to concede here.