Author Topic: National Elections Thread  (Read 78540 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: National Elections Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 29, 2016, 09:52:13 am »
S'what happens when your only real measure of fitness to lead a country is simple popularity.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #451 on: October 29, 2016, 11:04:03 am »
...Sanders is a racist?

No wait, you obviously meant that he is also a GOP candidate, how silly of me to think otherwise.
No, what I'm saying is all these people said that due to the fact that they had more people at their rallies, they were winning, which as the 2012 Presidential Election and the 2016 Democratic Primaries show, they lost.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #452 on: October 29, 2016, 01:44:50 pm »

/joke
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2016, 02:49:07 am »
http://iowapublicradio.org/post/des-moines-woman-says-she-voted-twice-trump-because-polls-are-rigged#stream/0

Funnily enough this proves not only how rare voter fraud is but also that getting away with it is not as easy as the GOP claims it to be.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #454 on: October 30, 2016, 03:14:53 am »
http://iowapublicradio.org/post/des-moines-woman-says-she-voted-twice-trump-because-polls-are-rigged#stream/0

Funnily enough this proves not only how rare voter fraud is but also that getting away with it is not as easy as the GOP claims it to be.

But how else will we keep the niggers and spics from voting?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2016, 04:15:38 am »
A black Trump supporter tried to get close enough to him to give him a note with a supporting message. Trump called him a thug and had him thrown out without bothering to hear what he tried to say.

I guess this story should be funny but it's telling that it's not that anymore, at least not for me. It's exactly what I would expect to happen in such a case and has lost most of its humour value.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #456 on: October 30, 2016, 05:22:55 am »
This should be fun. The alleged emails James Comey suggests were under investigation weren't...

...because they haven't actually obtained a warrant so FBI officials had to admit they had no idea what was in them.

Yahoo News reporter Michael Isikoff attempted to question FBI officials about the contents of the emails alluded to by Director James Comey on Friday, but found that the officials themselves have yet to view the emails. So far, they’ve been unable to obtain legal authorization to do so.

An official told Isikoff that Comey “had no idea what was in the content of the emails” when he sent his letter to Congress on Friday advising them that he is reviewing new materials that may prove pertinent to the investigation against Clinton.

Shit eh?

Look I'm an Aussie and US laws and politics baffle me at the best of times but shouldn't you make public announcements that you are investigating the dastardly doings of Democrats after you've actually, you know, started the investigation? Is this standard practice in the US of A?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 05:24:31 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #457 on: October 30, 2016, 05:29:50 am »
This should be fun. The alleged emails James Comey suggests were under investigation weren't...

...because they haven't actually obtained a warrant so FBI officials had to admit they had no idea what was in them.

Yahoo News reporter Michael Isikoff attempted to question FBI officials about the contents of the emails alluded to by Director James Comey on Friday, but found that the officials themselves have yet to view the emails. So far, they’ve been unable to obtain legal authorization to do so.

An official told Isikoff that Comey “had no idea what was in the content of the emails” when he sent his letter to Congress on Friday advising them that he is reviewing new materials that may prove pertinent to the investigation against Clinton.

Shit eh?

Look I'm an Aussie and US laws and politics baffle me at the best of times but shouldn't you make public announcements that you are investigating the dastardly doings of Democrats after you've actually, you know, started the investigation? Is this standard practice in the US of A?

My understanding: Comey was required by law to inform Congress (or at least various Congressional committee chairs, some of whom would promptly have leaked the info to the public anyway, being Republicans) that there was potentially more information in their investigation of Clinton. This is because he had previously told them they'd exhausted all information available to them and, once these e-mails turned up, they knew that was no longer true (since they knew the e-mails likely concerned Clinton even if they didn't know their content). Thus, Congress had to be informed that what Comey had previously told them was no longer true.

Keep in mind that Comey is a very letter-of-the-law guy. He's not FBI Director because he's friendly to the Obama administration. He's FBI Director because Obama decided to reward him for having a conscience and standing up to Bush, Cheney et al and telling them that he'd do what the law required him to do when they told him to do something blatantly illegal when he was filling in for Ashcroft as Attorney General while the latter was in hospital.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #458 on: October 30, 2016, 08:45:36 am »
If you're following the letter does it require you to announce your criminal investigation before the court has given you leave to proceed with a warrant? Seems like jumping the gun a bit to me.

Also I don't know how you can be legally required to give potential information, that's asking you to speculate before the facts are in - at best.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:47:45 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2016, 10:33:06 am »
The media speculates. The right wing machine hears Hillary Clinton and emails and starts to froth at the mouth.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #460 on: October 30, 2016, 04:49:36 pm »
If you're following the letter does it require you to announce your criminal investigation before the court has given you leave to proceed with a warrant? Seems like jumping the gun a bit to me.

Also I don't know how you can be legally required to give potential information, that's asking you to speculate before the facts are in - at best.
Applying for the warrant is continuing the investigation so he probably had to tell congress he was doing that.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #461 on: October 30, 2016, 06:59:03 pm »
Yeah, but he hasn't applied for a warrant.  He's alluded to the contents off the emails before taking that most basic of steps. At best it's niave, at worst it's throwing Trump's flailing campaign a lifeline.

Scratch that, the FBI is in the process of applying for a warrant. Still, he should have told the public that the FBI didn't actually know what was in the emails or, if they did that they obtained that information sans warrant. They haven't done this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:38:14 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #462 on: October 30, 2016, 09:27:30 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/clinton-fbi-emails-comey-details-1.3828341

They've obtained the warrant. Meanwhile, Harry Reid is saying Comey may have violated the Hatch Act, which bars the use of federal government positions to influence elections.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #463 on: October 31, 2016, 03:33:13 am »
And a more serious concern then whatever is in the emails.

Ironbite-very disturbing

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #464 on: October 31, 2016, 03:53:38 am »
If its true he violated the Hatch Act, then any remaining only sane man among Bush Administration goons cards Comey had vanish in flames.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer